• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

Ducks seek revenge against Boll

Rate this topic

It looks like Anaheim is going to go after Jared Boll of the Blue Jackets during tonights game. I have found several sources saying the Ducks are going to be targeting Boll for a hit earlier this season that KOed Moen. I hope that for Boll's sake Jody Shelley.

LA Times Article

The comment is at the end of the article.

Well they do have Brad May and Todd Bertuzzi. Last time these two were on a team that targeted someone they ended that players career. I wonder if May put a bounty on Boll like he did with Moore. No matter what anyone does, Brian Burke will be there to defend them.

I know a team that should put Pronger in their sights, but they have some class.

Go Blue Jackets!

It looks like Anaheim is going to go after Jared Boll of the Blue Jackets during tonights game. I have found several sources saying the Ducks are going to be targeting Boll for a hit earlier this season that KOed Moen. I hope that for Boll's sake Jody Shelley.

LA Times Article

Wow! It sounds like the Ducks took a sip of their own medicine and it left a bad taste in their mouth.

I hope Schlonger gets a Boll elbow in the face and it leaves him concussed until 2012.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

LA Times Article

Well, Shelley should play. And the Jackets play it pretty tough anyways, they have more than a handful of guys who can back things up if it gets nasty including Boll himself who is no stranger to fighting. Will be a fun game to watch so thanks for posting this tidbit.

Here's the actual excerpt from the article (this is the entire and only mention of it in the piece):

The Ducks will have their sights on Blue Jackets rookie Jared Boll, who knocked Moen out of the game with a shoulder to the head. Boll was not suspended on the play because the NHL office determined it was a clean hit.

It is at the very bottom of the piece and includes no comment or quote or even paraphrase from anyone from the Ducks organization. It's merely speculation by the writer.

I'm sure Boll is going to be a bit more of a target out there than usual, but it's not like anyone has actually said as much.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

So in other words there is now a reason to bother watching this game.

pretty much... iam not going to watch the game, ducks games have been 2 painful for me to watch lately :scared: . ima just watch the wing VS. Flames game. Will be much more exciting most likely. With 2 good teams playing each other.

Edited by Duck Guy

...of course, imagine a Brian Burke led team whining about a clean hit! Hey Burke, maybe it was just physics?!? I think he cries more than Gretzky! (virtually impossible.) Lets all see another Burke led assault on an opposing team resulting in a near death, career ending event all because his guy cannot take a CLEAN hit! Yo, Burke, the league reviewed the play, they said "CLEAN HIT!" Yo, Burke, just to remind you, the hit on Naslund, CLEAN! Oh yeah, the hit on Moen, CLEAN! The hit on Holmstrom, DIRTY! hit on McAmmond, DIRTY! If I ever see you or Chris Pronger in public, the hit will be DIRTY and prolly in the nads!

...Watch the video's, watch the film, learn the difference, when someone hits you dirty, then whine, if not, SHUT UP...

Fights! Make it happen guys! :D

Columbus shouldn't be in any harms way. Shelley plays pretty much every game anyways (which is great that they keep an enforcer in the lineup full-time, something that the Wings should do), and guys like Boll and Tollefsen can hold their own just fine.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Lord knows the Ducks need SOMETHING to come alive. This could be it...nothing like a headhunting mission! Columbus has the right mix of guys (1 heavy and a few nice middleweights) to make this a fun game.

I like Boll, he plays a good hard game as if he were a New Brunswick lad. But he struck first when he crushed Moen, so now its time for the Ducks to send a messenger and take this game to the alley. Spare no one! Should be a hyped up crowd, I doubt you'll be hearing any pins drop tonight. Moen vs Boll would be a nice tilt, and one that i'm sure to analyze frame by frame. This has all the makings of a perfect game to watch.

Alright, Wings game will be on soon....i gotta split!

How long will it take for someone to go after Boll? I predict the 3 Manute mark.

pretty much... iam not going to watch the game, ducks games have been 2 painful for me to watch lately :scared: . ima just watch the wing VS. Flames game. Will be much more exciting most likely. With 2 good teams playing each other.

I think we have ourselves a closet wings Fan

Come out Already :D:thumbup:

Fights! Make it happen guys! :D

Columbus shouldn't be in any harms way. Shelley plays pretty much every game anyways (which is great that they keep an enforcer in the lineup full-time, something that the Wings should do), and guys like Boll and Tollefsen can hold their own just fine.

Actully, the past several games Hitchcock has been giving Shelley a healthy scratch, and he did it tonight as well.

I think we have ourselves a closet wings Fan

Come out Already :D:thumbup:

what.... i just like to watch the wings games. And so i dont miss any this is my desktop. Think nothing of it now me duckies and flames are still #1 and 2 in my eyes ....lol :cool: Avs are ok 2 lol

Edited by Duck Guy