• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Official: Osgood to start Game 5

Rate this topic

Its defiantly the smartest way to go. Hasek has lost all confidence, you could see it after the game, when he was down and out. Babs knew he couldn't start someone who is so down on himself, it would just call for more disaster. Its great to see Ozzie have complete confidence in himself. I wish him luck, and hope that we get to see the heart of a lion that we got from him back in 1998!

4-1.gif8.gif4-1.gif

:hehe: It seems like every thread I've read during these playoffs, OsGod has a post or two where he doesn't even say anything, but illustrates his opinion through the use of unique emoticons. It's fricken hilarious.

Also, this is great news. Osgood is a real stable, calm, cool, and collected presence on the back end, and his personality seems to resonate through the entire lineup. Hopefully, the rest of the team realizes that some of the blame for Hasek's "demise" falls on them, and they can respond accordingly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I fully expect a game in this series where we really take them to school, put the game away early and never let them back in it - I think that game will be tomorrow night. 5-1 Wings.

Let's Go Wings!

Let's Go Ozzy!

:hehe: It seems like every thread I've read during these playoffs, OsGod has a post or two where he doesn't even say anything, but illustrates his opinion through the use of unique emoticons. It's fricken hilarious.

Pictures speak better than words some times... and even if they are flicking you off those little fellers are just so damn cute!

Here is my question and don't get me wrong I am glad Ozzie is in just not happy with the reason why he is in. I would have rather seen Dom be successful than get pulled for blowing miniature ponies.

1. If Ozzie wins the series, is he now the man, until he screws up? NVM HockeyCrazy answered that one!

2. If Ozzie lets in 3 in a half game, can Dom get his head right and come in to the rescue?

Edited by Opie

Not one word of credit for Hasek, yet.

The man is definitely not happy with the situation, and he could have made a stink.

He chose not to.

Kudos to Dom. His comments are first class, all the way.

Edited by Outsider

Here is my question and don't get me wrong I am glad Ozzie is in just not happy with the reason why he is in. I would have rather seen Dom be successful than get pulled for blowing miniature ponies.

1. If Ozzie wins the series, is he now the man, until he screws up? NVM HockeyCrazy answered that one!

2. If Ozzie lets in 3 in a half game, can Dom get his head right and come in to the rescue?

1) I think so. I don't think anyone's going to say it because you don't want to bury Hasek any more than he already is, but if Osgood plays well moving forward, they're not going to take a chance on Hasek again.

2) Well, probably not, but if that happens in this series, what does it matter? I think it's inevitable if we move forward and even if we win the Cup that we'll have a couple games that are ugly in the other teams favor. That happens. When it happens is critical.

If Osgood gets us out of this series and we go in strong in the 2nd and it happens halfway through, Osgood's still the guy because like I said, games like that happen. When there's 8 teams left, there are going to be battles. More so when 4 are left. When this crap happens all regular season and then the first 4 games against Nashville yields play like Hasek's, you're done. If Osgood wins this series, he's the man. I just don't think this is a case of "it's his to lose" anymore. I think he earned the start right off the bat and didn't get it, but it became Hasek's job to lose and he lost it.

I also wanted to thank you Osgod for switching your Sig, as I believe it was you with the Hasek one. I was more scared of seeing Dom in the shower then I was when "IT" came out of the gutter.

as much as it pains me to say this: i dont think Hasek has it anymore. everyone was waiting for him to turn it on during the playoffs and we'll laugh all the way to the Cup. this isnt happening.

in four playoff games ive seen a Wings team that can win the stanley cup and one that can be bounced in the 1st round. i think this revolves around Hasek.

Osgood played lights out last night in stone cold relief. Chris Osgood looked like he wants to win a stanley cup. i say forget it, play ozzie the rest of the way. Hasek should retire after this season no matter what. cause in reality the only reason i had scruples about having an Ozzie/Howard tandem would be during the playoffs, well it's not like hasek is lights out anymore.

I also wanted to thank you Osgod for switching your Sig, as I believe it was you with the Hasek one. I was more scared of seeing Dom in the shower then I was when "IT" came out of the gutter.

lmao!!!

Not even freddy coming up through the pipes scared your more?

Guest MrSandMan

Classy, Babs is very classy!

"You got to give Dom credit, we're up 2-0 because he played great in Game 2,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "The puck didn't hit him in Nashville (Games 3 and 4). Ozzie has been very, very good for us. I just told Dom to get on the ice, get some work done, get your game back. We plan on having a long run.''

Listen, I'm as big of a proponent of Hasek being out as anyone, but it has hardly all been him and the team has hardly looked like a Stanley Cup team. Has Hasek helped? Not much. In fact, he's really hurt things at times and that's why they're making a switch. The goalies the backbone and he's been shaky and that simply doesn't help the team, but at the same time, there's been plenty of problems in the play of the skaters. If they don't play better, it won't matter if Osgood plays great. We won't go far. But if Osgood plays well, it'll give everyone confidence and something to build on and hopefully he doesn't give up the back-breaking goals that Hasek's given up.

I don't care who's in the net as long as we win.

Good luck Ozzie!

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly!

I think it was Harold that had in his sig something like "The logo on the front is more important than the name on the back." Hell, I don't care if we found a way to reanimate Sawchuck, it's the Winged Wheel that matters (though, it would still be cool to see a skeletal Sawchuck making better saves than Ellis :P )

as much as it pains me to say this: i dont think Hasek has it anymore. everyone was waiting for him to turn it on during the playoffs and we'll laugh all the way to the Cup. this isnt happening.

in four playoff games ive seen a Wings team that can win the stanley cup and one that can be bounced in the 1st round. i think this revolves around Hasek.

Osgood played lights out last night in stone cold relief. Chris Osgood looked like he wants to win a stanley cup. i say forget it, play ozzie the rest of the way. Hasek should retire after this season no matter what. cause in reality the only reason i had scruples about having an Ozzie/Howard tandem would be during the playoffs, well it's not like hasek is lights out anymore.

and you think Hasek doesn't? Really, now... <_<

Don't worry, you won't see Hasek back. Ozzie said Dom would bounce back, if he got the chance. I don't expect that to happen. Babcock doesn't seem to be a big fan of suicide, and that's what it would be unless the team who showed up in the third, as usual, last night decides to show up from now on.

Ozzie's Team will win Friday. Game 6 back in Nashville will not be assigned to Hasek. Win the series, and that's that, regardless of what happens.

Not that many here seem to understand this, but Dom wasn't the only player who didn't appear to want to win the Stanley Cup the last two games.

They'll do fine in front of Ozzie. No doubt!