• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Petrafire

Yzerman jersey question

Rate this topic

hey i have a co worker who has an yzerman ccm jersey he wants to sell me he says its authentic with autograph and has certificate of authenticity but the captain c is above the wheel have they ever put the C on that side

The C was moved to its current position above the wheel after the NHL switched to the Reebok Edge jerseys post-2007. The winged wheel moved up the chest and the captaincy patches were moved so the wing didn't interfere with them.

It's also why the Red Wings are the only team with their patches on that side.

hey i have a co worker who has an yzerman ccm jersey he wants to sell me he says its authentic with autograph and has certificate of authenticity but the captain c is above the wheel have they ever put the C on that side

I've got 2 authentic Yzerman CCM jerseys, home & away, from back when he was still playing. I can tell you with all certainty that the C is on the left above the wing, not on the right above the wheel. There might be a chance the jersey was an old CCM that was customized after the switch was done due to the current Reebok jersey and the C was placed their because that's what's current. Regardless, I would be skeptical.

Edited by ogreslayer

Yzerman has always worn it on the wing:

images.jpg

Wasn't until recently, (5yrs I think) they changed:

images-1.jpg

I was pissed when they switched it. Yzerman was my favorite player growing up. But man, looking at these pics made me realize how much I like it it how it is now

I've been an Yzerman nut since I can remember. I have over 100 Yzerman cards, 2 jerseys, and so many paper and mag clippings I wouldn't want to count them. In all that, I have never seen a image of Yzerman with the C on his right shoulder.