• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DSM

McGrath and Ericsson signed

Rate this topic

Hakan Andersson said a couple of weeks ago that neither of Jamtin or Tolsa would be signed this season. The fact that Jamtin signed for another year in HV-71, as stated in the link of the original post seem to confirm this. This means that Tolsa will be a free agent. I heard he signed in Finland, but this is still unconfirmed. Ericsson will participate in training camp in Detroit before heading off to GR.

I like Ericsson's attitiude, he wants to develop his game to an NA style, and he's willing to start at the bottom. I wish we had more prospects like that

Agreed, he has an excellent attitude. I hope he reaches his full potential.

Hakan Andersson said a couple of weeks ago that neither of Jamtin or Tolsa would be signed this season. The fact that Jamtin signed for another year in HV-71, as stated in the link of the original post seem to confirm this. This means that Tolsa will be a free agent. I heard he signed in Finland, but this is still unconfirmed. Ericsson will participate in training camp in Detroit before heading off to GR.

Thats a pitty about Jamtin, i liked his style.

So looking at his stature/stats, is Ericsson a less mean slightly more refined Kolosov?

Plus being Mr. Irrelevant (last guy drafted) you have to hope he makes it. Kim Johnsson being the most notable Mr. Irrelevant in quite some time.

So looking at his stature/stats, is Ericsson a less mean slightly more refined Kolosov?

Plus being Mr. Irrelevant (last guy drafted) you have to hope he makes it. Kim Johnsson being the most notable Mr. Irrelevant in quite some time.

That could be one way to describe his game. I've only seen him a couple of times and I can't say he did much to stand out. He should be a decent skater for a man his size, that's his shot.

Red Wings Central link.

I like it.

Oh, here's a link to his player page.

Some snippets:

6'5'' / 205 lbs.

Surprising mobility and agility for a big man ... uses his skating, impressive reach and improving positional game to neutralize opponents in the defensive zone ... not afraid to get involved, and willing to stand up for his teammates ... armed with a howitzer shot ... quick and willing learner ... character player who contributes to community as camp leader at hockey schools ...

Needs to improve puck-control skills and passing game ... offensive upside is limited ... recent conversion to blue line means he has plenty of learning to do ... booming shot but slow release ... remains a raw project ...
Edited by ARice89

I like this too. Ericsson is still filling out his frame. I can see him putting on another 10 pounds. Wings uni in '08-'09 after two years in GR? He'll be 24 then. Could be a pretty good guy as a 4th or 5th defenseman. Not bad for the last overall pick in the '02 draft. There's always a place in the NHL for big-ass defensemen who can skate and unleash a cannon from the blueline, no matter how much of a project their puck-control skills are.

I heard he signed in Finland, but this is still unconfirmed.
http://www.blues.fi/index2.php?m=2&s=0&d=0&news_id=790

Jari Tolsa, hyökkääjä, s. 20.4.1981, Göteborg, SWE

Suomalaissukuinen hyökkääjä on edustanut koko Elitserien-uransa ajan kasvattajaseuraansa Frölundaa, jossa hän pelasi seitsemän kautta voittaen mestaruuden vuosina 2003 ja 2005. Päättyneellä Elitserien-kaudella Frölunda saavutti hopeaa. Lisäksi Jari Tolsa on pelannut urallaan yli 30 A-maaottelua. Tolsan sopimus on muodoltaan 1+1 vuotta.

Confirmed?

McGrath had an up and down year in the juniors and was left off all All Star Teams and coaches' selections. The Wings had given him an offer earlier but McGrath didn't get signed until the last minute. McGrath comes off as a kid who has talent but also a little bit of an attitude. I think the Wings were fully prepared to let him walk and re-enter the draft had he not signed today. In any case, he and his game need quite a bit of maturing before he steps into the NHL.

McGrath had an up and down year in the juniors and was left off all All Star Teams and coaches' selections. The Wings had given him an offer earlier but McGrath didn't get signed until the last minute. McGrath comes off as a kid who has talent but also a little bit of an attitude. I think the Wings were fully prepared to let him walk and re-enter the draft had he not signed today. In any case, he and his game need quite a bit of maturing before he steps into the NHL.

This is really exciting to me ; I've been watching these draft picks and wondering when they would come to town well hear they come.These are the find of players that have gotten Edmonton were they are. Players that want it bad and have a little additude.

^^ McGrath's attitude comes off as the product of him not getting his way.

In any case, Ken Holland says:

"It's going to be a longshot for him to make the team (in training camp) based on our depth at forward, but we want to have a spot or two open for competition,'' Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "He's got to learn to compete a little harder, but he's got skills, hands, hockey sense and can think the game.''