• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan27

al montoya a wing ? Eklund

Rate this topic

I am hearing more and more that the ducks won't move guigerre, as they are not entirely sure that Bryzgalov wasn't a one shot run....That means the Sharks are basically in the drivers seat when it comes to moving Nabokov to the Wings...Don't think for a second they won't relish sitting there while the Wings need their guy badly...The Wings of the 06 UFA = the Lightning of the 06 Trade Deadline...waited a little too long to get a goalie...Enter the Rangers and Al Montoya...He is a bit young to be the starter, but the Michigan kid may find himself wearing the red and white soon...

i dont know whats wrong with these guys ...............why would we commit ourselves to nabokovs contract which pays him 5 million a year for what ?? another 3-4 yrs ? thats just insain plus we got howard coming in and datsyuk to resign next season and holmstrom ........ and al montoya , wow the kids from michigan so he must be coming here soon LMAO ......f'n idiots

I am hearing more and more that the ducks won't move guigerre, as they are not entirely sure that Bryzgalov wasn't a one shot run....

LMAO ......f'n idiots

And they THINK Giggy wasn't a one hit wonder :rolleyes: Yeah I agree F'n idiots

I am hearing more and more that the ducks won't move guigerre, as they are not entirely sure that Bryzgalov wasn't a one shot run....That means the Sharks are basically in the drivers seat when it comes to moving Nabokov to the Wings...Don't think for a second they won't relish sitting there while the Wings need their guy badly...The Wings of the 06 UFA = the Lightning of the 06 Trade Deadline...waited a little too long to get a goalie...Enter the Rangers and Al Montoya...He is a bit young to be the starter, but the Michigan kid may find himself wearing the red and white soon...

i dont know whats wrong with these guys ...............why would we commit ourselves to nabokovs contract which pays him 5 million a year for what ?? another 3-4 yrs ? thats just insain plus we got howard coming in and datsyuk to resign next season and holmstrom ........ and al montoya , wow the kids from michigan so he must be coming here soon LMAO ......f'n idiots

The Wings are going to sign Belfour has are back up to Ozzy so stop talking about other goalies for us to trade for f*** all of u are driving me crazy.

f*ck belfour , at this point id rather have hasek .....let ozzie play like 50 games and then when playoffs come kick ozzie's ass to the curve and let the dominator do his thing .........thats our best option right now lol unless they go for biron or abeischer

i still say biron is available cause he asked to be traded , and if buffalo has any respect for all the crap they put him through theyd give him his trade demand and put him in a team where he can be a number 1 ...........only 2 options for that , detroit and florida, florida's in the east ......so i dont know what there waiting for , 2nd rounder for biron done deal and put the goalie situation to rest

Ecklund also gave the rumor that we are looking at Biron, which makes sense, since they lost Grier and their offensive defenseman, and LGW has pondered trading Schneider.

Edited by lecatpuke

no way montoya comes here. We're NOT going to pursue a young goalie when we have Howard coming up. It's just not going to happen unless we trade him, which i also do not see happening.

Montoya huh? That's one I didn't expect. I think Al is going to be a great goalie. He was absolutely incredible his first two years at Michigan, amazing during the US's WJC gold medal run, and then his junior year something just went wrong. I don't know if he got bored or what, but he was horrible that entire year.

But he was outstanding in the AHL this year (made the all-star game if I remember right). But if you're going to trade for him, why not just give Howard a chance as it is...

Since Eklund posted it, I'm not going to put too much stock in it, but that would be interesting. I'd be nice to have a Wolverine on the Wings finally, even though I'm not exactly sure what the point in bringing him in now would be....

-Tim

Ecklund also gave the rumor that we are looking at Biron, which makes sense, since they lost Grier and their offensive defenseman, and LGW has pondered trading Schneider.

buffalo resigned numminen ...........once again holland passed up the opportunity to trade schneider , i think its pretty clear he wont be trading him

Eklund's justification for trading for Montoya is that "the Wings arent as high on Howard as they were at the beginning of the season"

Yes, Im sure thats why Holland is leaving open the possibility of getting some time as a Red Wing this season.

Eklund has no inside story. The trades he ever gets right are those that are reported on other rumor sites first.

Numminen was their offensive Dman and they re-sgined him. They need someone to replace McKee, but Schneider wouldnt be the front-runner for that spot, although he is a possibility.

The Wings are going to sign Belfour has are back up to Ozzy so stop talking about other goalies for us to trade for f*** all of u are driving me crazy.

Holland was quoted this morning on the FAN590 from Toronto that Belfour was going to Florida.

Guest ZetterBurger40

This is THE DUMBEST ONE YET. WHY on God's green earth would they get another goalie with no experience when we already have two of them waiting to come up?

This rumor is the worst one yet. Although I love Montyoya (see avator) he's not coming to Detroit. Montoya and Howard are the same age. They both skipped their senior year in college in the same year. It just doesn't make sense.

Both goalies are showing alot of promise.

This is the dumbest ******* rumor I EVER heard coming from anyone. This puts me over the top with eklund im never even going to look at his s*** again. Why would the wings trade for a goalie who is in the same boat as howard and howard is even the better goalie and he's not even getting serious consideration from the wings to even play backup this coming year. How stupid.

Holland was quoted this morning on the FAN590 from Toronto that Belfour was going to Florida.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Please let that be true!!!

This is the dumbest ******* rumor I EVER heard coming from anyone. This puts me over the top with eklund im never even going to look at his s*** again. Why would the wings trade for a goalie who is in the same boat as howard and howard is even the better goalie and he's not even getting serious consideration from the wings to even play backup this coming year. How stupid.

Right on.

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

And I am a huge U of M fan!! But I'd take Howard over Al any day of the week.

Edited by rage

I'm in agreement with the consensus on this one. Even if the Wings did want to make this move, what could they offer to the Rangers to make them consider trading Montoya?

I don't believe they could swing this deal without giving up Datsuk, Zetterberg, or Kronwall.

I don't see that happening.

Edited by Airborn

montoya backin up Ozzie is actually pretty smart. Then in two reitre Ozzie and bring in Howard to tandem with Montoya. Pretty sweet. Wonder what it would take. Also wonder if we could get some wingers and grinders out of the Rangers system. Gioux anyone?

f*ck belfour , at this point id rather have hasek .....let ozzie play like 50 games and then when playoffs come kick ozzie's ass to the curve and let the dominator do his thing .........thats our best option right now lol unless they go for biron or abeischer

i still say biron is available cause he asked to be traded , and if buffalo has any respect for all the crap they put him through theyd give him his trade demand and put him in a team where he can be a number 1 ...........only 2 options for that , detroit and florida, florida's in the east ......so i dont know what there waiting for , 2nd rounder for biron done deal and put the goalie situation to rest

what crap did he go through? they had three starting goalies at the start of the season. they delt one to vancouver and he lost his job to ryan miller. thats life, time to get over it. but anyways he doesnt want to be a backup goalie hence being asked to be traded.