• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Attention RWN HQ

Rate this topic

Okay, attempting to reschedule the Toast to Stevie. I need a roll call, folks. BetterREDthandead is in town early September. If we could schedule this around that time, that's preferable.

I'm thinking Cheli's Chili in Dearborn, Sunday, September 10th, maybe mid-afternoon? Four-ish? Early dinner, a few cocktails, and we're all home by a reasonable hour for work.

I'm not married to this date. I picked Sunday because I remember it being mentioned Sunday's were better for some. Majority rules on the date and time, so sound off. If Saturday is better, fine by me. More time to hang out and no worries about work the next day.

Let's get a date picked ASAP.

The dates I'll be in town are from the 2nd(ish) through the 12th. 10th would work fine for me. Downtown is closer, but I'm not picky if the group prefers Dearborn. The only thing on my schedule is that I want to take my family to a Tigers game, but no attachment to date on that one yet.

I picked the date purposely after the 6th. Although a Tiger game is the only thing on your list, you never know what else might come up, so I wanted to leave family time alone.

I thought Dearborn would be easier because downtown might be swamped with pre or post game crowds and I'm too lazy to look up the Tigers and Lions schedules. (Yes, I know, Lions would be preseason)

I picked the date purposely after the 6th. Although a Tiger game is the only thing on your list, you never know what else might come up, so I wanted to leave family time alone.

I thought Dearborn would be easier because downtown might be swamped with pre or post game crowds and I'm too lazy to look up the Tigers and Lions schedules. (Yes, I know, Lions would be preseason)

Already told you the Tigers would be out of town :P

you even knew that cause you purposely picked a date after the 6th when they wouldn't be in town and it wouldn't have any chance of interfering with a game :lol:

but I do realize that Dearborn is closer for a lot of people. cheaper parking too, I'd imagine. in any case I'm not picky.

I thought you meant your family would be out of town!! Boy, is my face red.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I see :lol: heh, no, my family will be in town the whole time. my bad, I probably was way too ambiguous in my PM. actually that weekend is probably far better for me family-wise now that I think about it, as my brothers will probably come in for the Labor Day weekend but they'll be back at school by the 10th. my youngest brother is starting college this year, it's so cute :lol:

now all we need is input from the rest of RWN HQ.

won't know my work schedule until closer to the date. Troy works better for me then Dearborn but willing to drive nearly anywhere to hang out with everyone here.

Sept 10 is the first lions home game of the regular season. I wouldnt be able to do anything until after the game, unless you want a Yzerman-Lions party.

Very cool, timothy. I realize Dearborn's out there a little, but bRtd has never been to Cheli's Chili. He requested either there or Hockeytown Cafe, and I made the executive decision to do Cheli's, especially since that's where we were originally planning to go. Sorry about the long drive, but it's tough to accomodate everybody.

Things may still change in your favor though if more people chime in with what's convenient for them. Thanks for being a trooper! Besides, first home game for the Lions is huge. We'd never get into the one downtown. And I don't think any of us will object if the game is on. :lol:

The 10th works for me!

I'll be driving from East Lansing though, so Dearborn is slightly closer with free parking, so I'd prefer Cheli's Chili to Hockeytown. I may bring the boyfriend along as well, he's a big Wings fan too so he'll fit in. :)

The day sounds good, but location is a bit out there for me.... :( Make sure to take some pictures for me.... I will try to make one of these one day....

Anyone every thought about having one in Fenton @ Joe & Lewies Penalty Box Sports Eatery and Tavern?

Edited by Rivalred

Count me in!

I'm glad we'll do it at Cheli's Chili - it's good for those coming from the south and west, it shouldn't be too crowded (unlike downtown), and I haven't been there yet!

Are we doing RSVPs in this thread, or is Vladdy16 taking PMs?