• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsgirl001

Training Camp 2006!

Rate this topic

Attention all LGWers! If anyone wants to attend this year's Training Camp up in Traverse City, Michigan, this is the place to discuss it!

Myself, along with some of the girls who regularly post in the Hottest Wing thread have already began to make plans to go. So far, I know brit_1102, Kira, and I are official, but there are more coming, I'm sure.

Camp is from September 15th - 18th, so we still have about 2 months to plan out more concrete detials. Brit probably knows more about this than I do, since this year will be my first time going. But I thought it would be fun to get more of us LGWers interested in going so we can have some fun meeting each other and our fellow Red Wings (they come out after each practice to sign, by the way). :)

So if anyone else wants to go, post here, and we'll try to get everything sorted out better. :)

Glad Kate started a thread about this because I wouldnt have even thought about it!

I know the three of us are going for sure. I also know that the only day I can go is Saturday because of classes.

If anyone has any questions about what it's like, where to stay, what to do or anything like that, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

It'd be great to get a big group and have a bunch of us with shirts or signs or something. A group did that last year and the guys loved it.

Last year was my first year going, but it was the time of my life. Hope to see a lot of LGWers there!!

Well, I am planning on making the trip. I hope to at least attend a day session and a evening scrim. Tickets can be bought where, and in advance I hope.

I would love to go!!! I am actually planning on being in Michigan around that time too. I've always wanted to go to training camp but never have. I think it would be so much fun to go as a group. How would we all meet up though and know who is who?

Also do we need to buy tickets and if so where and how much are they?

I would love to go!!! I am actually planning on being in Michigan around that time too. I've always wanted to go to training camp but never have. I think it would be so much fun to go as a group. How would we all meet up though and know who is who?

Also do we need to buy tickets and if so where and how much are they?

Yay! I'm glad more people are interested. :) I'd imagine we all meet up at the arena or something. Maybe we'll make signs for the site lol.

The ticket question is answered in this article

Thanks wingsgirl for the ticket info! Have you three who are already going for sure planned a time/day that you are going and what kind of tickets you are buying? Are you guys just going for one day or? Anyways I'll be happy to go along with whatever you all plan as like I said I've never been there before so really don't have a clue as to what to do really. The only problem I might have is actually getting there. I just realized Traverse City is pretty far from where I will be staying in Michigan. Are you all driving there separately or?

Brit and I live like 20 minutes from Traverse so we have no problem. I'm not sure where Kira lives...Brit knows her so you'd have to ask her lol. But Brit has college so she can only go on Saturday the 16th. I'm not sure if the rest of us will try to go on any of the other days or not. I know Kira will want to. I have a job though so for me its a matter of getting the days off.

I talked the boss into ALL FOUR DAYS!

We'll be camping up there...this should be a blast. I'll see you all there!

Probably at Traverse City State Park...This is going to be a camp to remember!

I will be up there and would consider having everyone to my cottage for a dinner one of the nights.

(I am a chef and would cook it all ). Cottage is on the Bay and I have a big deck and room to swim. :)

Let's try to get contact info out there.

I will be up there and would consider having everyone to my cottage for a dinner one of the nights.

(I am a chef and would cook it all ). Cottage is on the Bay and I have a big deck and room to swim. :)

Let's try to get contact info out there.

That would be awesome! We should totally do that if everyone else is up for it. We should all post emails or something so we can make some plans. :)

Mine is: CrazyYooperGirl@gmail.com

I am so in! Email is red_wing_datsyuk@yahoo.com

And if I can bring anything to the meal, let me know, I'll be glad to do so.

I am so in! Email is red_wing_datsyuk@yahoo.com

And if I can bring anything to the meal, let me know, I'll be glad to do so.

I will be in contact. The only potential monkey wrench in the deal is that I work weekends and it would have to take place on the 17th through the end of camp.

I have been going for years and have met quite a few of the players at local bars. :thumbup:

T.C. Camp is like "New Years Eve For a Week" for me. :lol:

We will have fun and enjoy new friendship and gourmet food !!!! :yowza:

kutnobbit@comcast.net

lol, it doesn't really matter. I'll eat anything. :lol:

Just got notice my tickets are all set !! Plus have a inside connection for maybe some V.I.P. Stuff. :blush:

I am geeked and it is still early August.

BRING ON THE LOBSTERS :hehe:

If you guys are really wanting lobster, I know a place in Bar Harbor, Maine that will ship them direct. Let me know if you want their name and address.

I will probably be able to do Saturday, so I think that will be our day. Let me know if there is anything I can do or bring.

*BUMP*

Okay ladies and gents...Training Camp will soon be upon us! We're all still good about going to Camp on Saturday the 16th right? I hope so 'cause that's the day I requested off work lol.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the cookout thing on Sunday or not though. My family has some other big cookout going on and my dad will like flip out or something if I don't go. Maybe I can finaggle (is that a word?) my way out of it somehow... I really don't want to drive down to nearly Grand Rapids...