• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Jan Mursak/ Merged

Rate this topic

i've heard this kid's name a lot but does anyone know how he did in TC?

he'll likely be at griff's icehouse next week and i can see for myself but i was curious to see how he skated with the big boys.

Mursak was fast (he likely is the best skater in our organization at this point) and highly skilled. Not afraid of contact. Pretty impressive according to the folks over at RWC that covered training camp.

He's already with the Saginaw Spirits and picked up an assist in his first game of the OHL season.

Mursak was fast (he likely is the best skater in our organization at this point) and highly skilled. Not afraid of contact. Pretty impressive according to the folks over at RWC that covered training camp.

He's already with the Saginaw Spirits and picked up an assist in his first game of the OHL season.

thanks for the update. i was hoping to see him in grand rapids but it sounds like he found a home, good for him.

thanks for the update. i was hoping to see him in grand rapids but it sounds like he found a home, good for him.

He's too young to play in the AHL. He'd either have to play on the Wings or go to Juniors, so that was his only option pretty much.

He's too young to play in the AHL. He'd either have to play on the Wings or go to Juniors, so that was his only option pretty much.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. He came straight over from Europe and has never played in the CHL (until now). He might have been able to go to the AHL if the Wings felt it was best for him. But they wanted him in Juniors I think.

I say might because he was drafted in the CHL Import draft and I'm not sure how that impacts anythying.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. He came straight over from Europe and has never played in the CHL (until now). He might have been able to go to the AHL if the Wings felt it was best for him. But they wanted him in Juniors I think.

I say might because he was drafted in the CHL Import draft and I'm not sure how that impacts anythying.

The latter would be correct.

Any player whose rights are held by a CHL team cannot play in the AHL until the age of 20. He could have been drafted and stayed in Europe, and then played in the AHL at age 20 without seeing a day of action in Saginaw. But he couldn't have been in the AHL at 18 or 19, even if he never played for Saginaw.

I just double checked. The Import Draft means nothing. Bergfors was drafted by a CHL team but he played in the AHL last season at 18/19.

Upon further review, Europeans do not fall subject to the age restriction until actually suiting up for a game. As Mursak has played in 2 OHL games this season already, he will not be seeing AHL ice regularly until the age of 20.

I am from Saginaw & have had the opportunity to see Jan Mursak play many games already this year. This kid is FOR REAL! There is no other way to say this, but he is FAST! I have been going to OHL games for 5 years now ever since we got the team in Saginaw and he is one of the fastest players I have seen yet! He is VERY good w/the puck, as well! It's one thing to be fast, it's another to be fast with the puck! He is among the top 2 or 3 players on the team by far. Tom Pyatt (NYR draft pick) is much improved this year & he is Mursak's linemate & is benefitting from playing alongside Jan. Jan is on his way to setting a new team record in Saginaw for most consecutive games with a point. He's close to the record now - I want to say he's only 1 or 2 games away from that. He has at least a point in each game Saginaw has played this year so far! If anyone has any more questions about him, I am on here a lot & would be happy to answer questions about him.

Jan Mursak had a goal & assist yesterday & another assist today (1g, 2a on the weekend) and extended his point streak to 15 - at least one point in EVERY GAME this season - and in doing so set a new Saginaw Spirit record!

...and have I mentioned that this kid is FAST? haha! My word - fast is an understatement!

Edited by SpiritFan

Thanks for the update SpiritFan, much appreciated. Well I really like what I’m hearing about this kid; hopefully he can continue putting up good numbers. One of the main attributes the Wings lack is genuine speed, so this gives me hope for the future.

2 more assists tonight for Jan Mursak, extending the team record for consecutive games with at least a point (16) - meaning he has scored in every OHL game he has appeared in! He stands at 9g, 19a for 28pts in 16 games. He is a +12 with 20 PIM's.

...and he's fast! haha!

2 more assists tonight for Jan Mursak, extending the team record for consecutive games with at least a point (16) - meaning he has scored in every OHL game he has appeared in! He stands at 9g, 19a for 28pts in 16 games. He is a +12 with 20 PIM's.

...and he's fast! haha!

17...........tonight goal vs Barrie Colts.........and he is very very fast ;)

I know everyone is always worried abou the future! So I thought I would pass along some goods new. Jan Murszak who is a Detroit Red Wings draft pick is having a great year in Saginaw Mi. Currently he has scored at least one point in every OHL game this year he has played. A lot of nights he is also but up 2 and 3 points a game right now. And since I have season tickets and have been able to watch him on a regular basis, lets just say the kids got great hands. He will be a name to keep in mind cause he is going to be in Det in a few years. He is also third in rookie scoring in the OHL with 32 points in 18 games.