• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Jan Mursak/ Merged

Rate this topic

It's more impressive that he's fifth in league scoring, and the highest scoring player already drafted.

Cory Emmerton is 7th, also.

And if a mod would please merge this with the existing Mursak thread?

Edited by eva unit zero

My weekly Mursak update:

In 3 games played this past week, Mursak racked up 2 goals, 4 assists & a +4 rating. He has extended the Spirit record for consecutive games with at least a point to 18 now. He has scored at least a point in every OHL game he has played so far! He currently has 11 goals, 21 assists totalling 32 points in 18 games. He has an outstanding +15 rating & 20 PIM's.

Guest wingsfan28__

well i'm offically intrested goal and 3 assists,..giving him 38 points in 21 games. This kid is a beast.

ya i just saw it on the ohl site , emmerton got 2 pts today as well .........does mursak have 38 or 42 pts ?? they added the 4 pts from tonights games already on the top scoring list ?

ya i just saw it on the ohl site , emmerton got 2 pts today as well .........does mursak have 38 or 42 pts ?? they added the 4 pts from tonights games already on the top scoring list ?

The OHL site (stat wise at least) is far better than anything the NHL has. That points go up on the board as they happen. Automatically updated.

He has 38 points in 21 games. He owns the OHL's longest point streak to date having scored in every single game thus far.

Mursak is exciting, alright. I'm already looking forward to 2011 when LGWers are starting threads like, "trade mursakk he's too smal we need grit :thumbdown: :thumbdown: " :lol:

At the very least Mursak is BLAZING fast. Though with regards to size and grit...

The Red Wings are impressed with how fast the Slovenian has adjusted to North America, but his strength is a big concern.

"He's as weak as a noodle right now, but you wouldn't know it watching him," said McDonnell. "He's real strong on his feet so when he comes out of the corner, he doesn't get trapped too much. He's very competitive."

Weak as a noodle is not a good thing I've heard. :P

The OHL site (stat wise at least) is far better than anything the NHL has. That points go up on the board as they happen. Automatically updated.

He has 38 points in 21 games. He owns the OHL's longest point streak to date having scored in every single game thus far.

At the very least Mursak is BLAZING fast. Though with regards to size and grit...

Weak as a noodle is not a good thing I've heard. :P

so NN do you think this kid has what it takes to make it to the big club in a few years? blazing fast is something we desperatly need but weak as a noodle isn't that great as you've stated. However with the success of a martin st. louis could this kid get a shot?

Yeah, I think he'll make it. Fast winger with good hands? And apparently isn't afraid of contact and high traffic areas. So long as he fills out a bit and his body holds up *knock on wood* he should be a Wing some day.

Again, my weekly Mursak update:

First off, the "weak as a noodle" comment is totally innacurate! Jan is always the 1st one going into the corners & usually fights off guys left & right & comes out with the puck! He is VERY strong & you can see it regularly. I attend every home game for Saginaw, so I do get to see him a lot! Fast, gritty & strong!

Now, as for theis week's games. The Saginaw Spirit played 3 games over the weekend (going 3-0). Jan Mursak had 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points, was a +6 & had 0 PIMs. He extended the Saginaw record of 21 consecutive games with at least a point! He has 13 goals, 25 assists for 38 points in 21 games. He leads the team in scoring & is tied for 4th in the league. 3 points out of the top spot in scoring for rookies.

I get to watch this guy play next friday(24th) against the London Knights. So I will keep my eye on him as I am excited to see what he can do...I am also excited to see Gagner and Kane on the Knights they are tearin it up as well.. Does anyone know what number Mursak is?

I get to watch this guy play next friday(24th) against the London Knights. So I will keep my eye on him as I am excited to see what he can do...I am also excited to see Gagner and Kane on the Knights they are tearin it up as well.. Does anyone know what number Mursak is?

Edited by JMursakAdmin

Thank you...Anything anybody want me to look for??? Obviously Im gonna keep a close eye on Mursak but is there anything in particular anybody wants me to look at? Or any player in particular?

Yes could you keep an eye on the play of former Wings prospect #14

Tyler Haskin, he seem's to be having a good year. Not sure if he is the Centre on Mursak's line or not. Cheers.

No......#12-Mursak(RW)...... #27- Pyatt ( C )...... #23- Asselin(LW)

Guest cstacer

Initially, fans speculated that he had either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone. The coach indicated today during the pregame show though that Mursak was fine, and indeed, he did play tonight. Mursak had 1 assist going +1.

Edited by cstacer

Initially, fans speculated that he had either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone. The coach indicated today during the pregame show though that Mursak was fine, and indeed, he did play tonight. Mursak had 1 assist going +1.

Elbow injury

My weekly Jan Mursak update:

Yes, it's true, the consecutive game point scoring streak came to an end at 22 this weekend. Jan was injured in the game Friday vs. Plymouth & helped off the ice. The good news, tho, he played last night & started a NEW streak! It's at 1 right now! haha!

Anyway, this week's stats (in 3 games) are: 0 goals, 3 assists, 3 points, +2 rating, & 2 PIMs. That's pretty bad when a point a game is considered a minor 'slump'! haha! See you all next week!

Jan Mursak update (11/16/06):

This weekend was a bit of an "off" week for Jan. In 3 games he only posted 2 assists & 4 PIM's & was an even +/- mark. Hopefully he gets back on track next week! Of course we did play 3 tough teams this week in Sault Ste. Marie, London & Owen Sound. It seems that other teams are watching their game tapes & focusing on shutting Jan down a bit & double teaming him at times, but he is still skating through the double coverage & looking really good out there. He definitely has not slowed down any. Too bad we will only have him here in Saginaw for one year. There's no way he does not move up to Grand Rapids next year.

Or higher maybe??

I see he is a league leading +23

not bad for a rookie winger I'd say,

lets hope he keeps his good 2 way

play going as well as his scoring.

If he can fill out to somewhere near

195-200lb, I see him getting a shot

sooner than later, his speed is deadly.