• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cap20066

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

I got to watch the Spartans/Wolverines game on tv the other night. When I turned the game on, midway into the Second, a play was developing for the Spartans, and I saw this one kid zooming down the ice, and I said to myself "who the hell is that?" It was Abdelkader. The kid is just all over the ice and is balls to the wall fast. Granted, that just might be his present company, but he immediately stood out to me. He took a couple of poor hooking penalties one of which was a little questionable. I can't speak for offensive talent, because the Spartans didn't have that type of game that night, but I will say he makes his presence known and is all over the ice.

Edited by al48

Spartans vs Gophers rematch tonight. Caught the first game. Abdelkader looked good, don't get me wrong he had a great game. I'm pretty confident we've got a decent 3rd liner on our future hands. I'd still take the frenchman whose playing 1st line in the NHL right now but thats besides the point. We got what we got and what we got ain't bad. Sadly I will be rooting for the Gophers tonight as Wheeler is the sheeet.

Spartans vs Gophers rematch tonight. Caught the first game. Abdelkader looked good, don't get me wrong he had a great game. I'm pretty confident we've got a decent 3rd liner on our future hands. I'd still take the frenchman whose playing 1st line in the NHL right now but thats besides the point. We got what we got and what we got ain't bad. Sadly I will be rooting for the Gophers tonight as Wheeler is the sheeet.

Would you take Samuelsson over Latendresse?

Samuelsson has been an NHL first liner for over a year now.

my bad it was the wolverines vs gophers....2-8 blow out hot damn! Wheeler looked awesome.

Great comparison eva...you keep makin analogies like that fine, enjoy. I can see logic will not take place here so Im dropping it.

my bad it was the wolverines vs gophers....2-8 blow out hot damn! Wheeler looked awesome.

Great comparison eva...you keep makin analogies like that fine, enjoy. I can see logic will not take place here so Im dropping it.

All I did was use your line of reasoning with two different players.

Your reaction was exactly what I expected. Inconsistent with the original post.

How about we give Abdelkader a shot in the NHL before judging him as an inferior prospect?

The guy wants to finish school. That doesn't make him a worse hockey player.

Abdelkader netted the game winning goal for MSU against Northern tonight.

yeah, it was an empty netter. our defense pinched too far, and he popped out of the penalty box and had an easy shot (we were only down 2-1 at that point, the second northern goal came with 2 seconds left). question for those of you who have seen him play regularly. is he always so undisciplined? he took 4 different minor penalties tonight. he was also extremely emotional, constantly in the middle of scrums, complaining to refs, even yelling at fans from the box (although, i'll admit, some northern fans can be particularly mean to opposing players :angel: ). i like the spirit, but he's gotta learn to control himself. he didn't really seem to be that much of an offensive threat, either, aside from the empty netter. i haven't seen him play before, though, so, i dunno if it was just an off night for him, or if he's always like that.

^^^

I had just taken a quick look at the box score and didn't catch that it was an empty netter.

And he's usually not an undisciplined guy, at least when I saw him play. If he can play at Yost and Cornell and not got rattled, he can play almost anywhere. Sounds like an off night for him.

^^^

I had just taken a quick look at the box score and didn't catch that it was an empty netter.

And he's usually not an undisciplined guy, at least when I saw him play. If he can play at Yost and Cornell and not got rattled, he can play almost anywhere. Sounds like an off night for him.

make it an off weekend. he picked up 12 penalty minutes on saturday, a minor for holding, then a 10 minute misconduct for starting a fight with siddall during the handshake. maybe it's just a northern thing...we have that effect on state...

i wasn't talking so much about winning the game as the frequency of chippy games between northern and state. for whatever reason, partially because the 'cats had something to prove to comley (not so much anymore as all his recruits have graduated), and partially because the 'cats are a defensive minded, hard hitting, in your face, annoying as all hell team to play, wildcat/spartan games are always a little heated. now, don't think you're special, this happens regularly with lssu, mtu, western, and uno, too.

as far as northern's record this year, i'm not expecting much. we lost 8 seniors including our top defensive pairing, 2 of our top scorers, our biggest, baddest hitter, and the two way foward with what was rumoured to be the hardest slapshot in the ccha (4 of those were nhl draft picks). there are gaps that just aren't filled this year. i'll be happy to see round 2 of the playoffs....and that makes me a sad panda

Yes, Abdelkader had the game winning goal and was named Most Outstanding Player. Personally, I thought Jeff Lerg should have been named MOP.

Abdelkader finished third in scoring for MSU, with 15 goals and 18 assists in 38 games.

The 07 - 08 season for Michigan State gets going Sunday October 7th at 2:00 pm with the Green and White game and two days later an exibition game against University of Windsor. The regular season's first home game is against Colgate on 10/19. This season Justin will be serving as an one of the three alternate captains.

I went to the Michigan State game tonight against Windsor University, Justin looked pretty good winning 15 of 19 faceoffs that he took and got an assist and did not shy away from physical play against a much bigger team. Michigan State won the game 6-0. However, the best player on the ice was freshman Corey Tropp who scored two goals and was very physical. His rights are owned by Buffalo, it would be great the Wings could find a way to get him.

Went to the MSU/UNO game last night. I've seen Abdelkader play a lot and this was the best game I've seen him play. He didn't have any points but was physical, was good with the puck, and didn't turn it over: Just the kind of player the Wings want him to be. He got way to much hype early in his career and that hurt him. Still a big guy and a lot of a talent and potential. Needs to leave MSU after this year and sign with the Wings as suspected that he will.