• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Tunbo Batman

yarka rorio's latest delirium piece

Rate this topic

Guest Tunbo Batman

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Apz4...n&type=lgns

they say the best way to lose an argument is to overstate it. i agree with the principle that buffalo is an exciting team and that people like the game, but shes just making a fool of herself here.

"the socializing stops the minute the game starts"

"Buffalo is not a city with a team, its a team with a city behind it"

please.

Guest Tunbo Batman

3 words for ya :

Over. the. top.

:P

reality cannot possibly be 1% of what she describes here.

These threads rank up there with the Eklund ones that are titled "Eklund at it again..."

At what again? Doing his job? He discusses trade rumors and happenings around the NHL for his career, whether or not he's right everytime or wrong everytime.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this article. Nothing.

I'm sorry...didn't mean to cause problems.

First, I think it's hilarious that the thread is called Yarka Rorio's latest piece. Second, I felt that this article was just a Buffalo fan talking about her team...which is fine, I guess. But if you're going to be taken seriously you can't be THAT biased. And it wasn't even biased...just too superlative.

Ok, what's so terrible about this article? Is there an overstating of opinion or is she sounding like an arrogant jack***?Doesn't look like it to me, but clearly I'm missing something here.

Look, Yorio's not the best journalist out there IMO. But she's a professional for a reason and she's had to have worked hard and do something right in the past to get this far.

Give the woman a break. She gets almost as bad treatment in here as Lilja or Deveraux sometimes which is pretty silly.

Sometimes I think if Kara Yorio wrote a piece entitled "The Sky Is Blue" there would be LGWers going, "That stupid fool. It's gray sometimes."

I mean, earlier, she writes a piece that's very complimentary toward the Wings and says EXACTLY THE SAME THING that we've been saying for months (Hasek's groin is a potential ticking time bomb) and she gets absolutely blasted for it. 'Cause she didn't bend over and kiss our shiny round asses or something. I swear, if she wrote this piece about the Wings there would be two reactions:

"well i don't normally agree with her but that is a good piece"

OR

"she insulted us she said we didn't know when Christmas was"

Look, the woman isn't the greatest hockey writer around, but it seems like the simple act of putting pen to paper is enough to get her smacked around here. It's getting stupid.

Sometimes I think if Kara Yorio wrote a piece entitled "The Sky Is Blue" there would be LGWers going, "That stupid fool. It's gray sometimes."

I mean, earlier, she writes a piece that's very complimentary toward the Wings and says EXACTLY THE SAME THING that we've been saying for months (Hasek's groin is a potential ticking time bomb) and she gets absolutely blasted for it. 'Cause she didn't bend over and kiss our shiny round asses or something. I swear, if she wrote this piece about the Wings there would be two reactions:

"well i don't normally agree with her but that is a good piece"

OR

"she insulted us she said we didn't know when Christmas was"

Look, the woman isn't the greatest hockey writer around, but it seems like the simple act of putting pen to paper is enough to get her smacked around here. It's getting stupid.

The sky can also be orange and yellow for a short period of time if there's a beautiful sunset. :lol:

Seriously though, I second this. I don't understand what is so wrong or evil about this person. Was she the class bully in grade school to a bunch of people in here?

Guest Tunbo Batman

wow, this has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever :P

i knew you would HAVE to plug that old thread in here somewhere, because you are angry at me for making you do all the number-crunching :P face it, i am a diabolical manipulator and you have no chance mouwahahaha.

first we complain that there is no interest in hockey in the USA and now that there is another town besides Detroit where people love thier teams progess, , the writer gets blasted for writing exactly about that. Kinda silly. Its good for hockey in america that there is excitement in a place other than the Detroit vicinity or Minnesota

Forget Kara Yorio - where's that thread about this team mutineering on Babcock and imploding by Xmas? Well it didn't happen (quite yet). Perhaps the inevitable doom is postponed. Just like the millerites we just have to wait and see. That rumor down in St Louis couldn't have been taken out of the blue, could it? ;)

Forget Kara Yorio - where's that thread about this team mutineering on Babcock and imploding by Xmas? Well it didn't happen (quite yet). Perhaps the inevitable doom is postponed. Just like the millerites we just have to wait and see. That rumor down in St Louis couldn't have been taken out of the blue, could it? ;)

:thumbup:

the article is ok with me, just a little bias but everyone has their teams to follow. BESIDES THE SABRES ARE NOT GOING TO WIN IT THIS YEAR, how many times has the number 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs won?

Guest Tunbo Batman

more often than any other seed?

we need to do some number-crunching, but im a little lazy :P