• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Sean Avery on the Trade Market

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well if u personally want him back here than i Personally want you at a shrinks office.

Guest wingsrule_s_

sean avery for a 1st round pick ?? any gm who would give up a 1st for avery should be fired

Aside from the fact that he' s a jerk, he's actually a pretty decent player when he tones it down. I don't know. I've always liked him, and his agitating ways. The Wings could really use someone who could easily get under the opponents skin and cause them to take penalties. Plus he sticks up for his teammates, is fiesty as hell, and fights. And we all know this already.. :P

He has changed some what this year. Like many guys he loves Yzerman and he and Stevie have talked a lot and Steve has told him that he needs to tone it down and what not. Bottom line is that he has toned his stupidity down and his game is something that we need. If we can get him for a 2nd rounder we should consider. With Yzerman being so close, Avery will be on a leash. (The last time he was just crazy and did not listen to people, now he has matured and has learned to take advice from leaders).

Just. No.

I'm sorry, but not again. I saw him play last month, and from what I saw, he hasn't "learned anything." Rob Blake looked like he wanted to punch him himself.

Yes he agitates and can draw penalties. However, he usually goes to the box right along with the other person. To me, he's just a more obnoxious version of Malts.

Well it took Kuznetsov (big deal, I know), a first rounder, and a secound rounder too.

Kuznetsov is out of the league. Tambellini (the first rounder) was traded (with Denis Grebeshkov) for Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel. The second rounder went to Boston before the draft, IIRC. Parrish left as a free agent shortly after his arrival.

So basically it works like this:

Kings traded Schneider and Grebeshkov for Avery and Sopel. Grebeshkov/Sopel is basically a wash....so Kings pretty much traded Schneider for Avery.

Just. No.

I'm sorry, but not again. I saw him play last month, and from what I saw, he hasn't "learned anything." Rob Blake looked like he wanted to punch him himself.

Yes he agitates and can draw penalties. However, he usually goes to the box right along with the other person. To me, he's just a more obnoxious version of Malts.

Agreed.

People seem to think he's grown up just because he's not on the Wings anymore and they want him back.

He still takes bad penalties. he's still an idiot. He was recently chosen as the dirtiest player in the league by more than 100 of his peers.

No thanks.

Agreed.

People seem to think he's grown up just because he's not on the Wings anymore and they want him back.

He still takes bad penalties. he's still an idiot. He was recently chosen as the dirtiest player in the league by more than 100 of his peers.

No thanks.

And the guy's a cancer in the locker room. He does have good taste in women, though (Elisha Cuthbert, rowr).

Kuznetsov is out of the league. Tambellini (the first rounder) was traded (with Denis Grebeshkov) for Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel. The second rounder went to Boston before the draft, IIRC. Parrish left as a free agent shortly after his arrival.

So basically it works like this:

Kings traded Schneider and Grebeshkov for Avery and Sopel. Grebeshkov/Sopel is basically a wash....so Kings pretty much traded Schneider for Avery.

From a Kings perspective perhaps, but from a Red Wings perspective Schneider still cost us those 1st and 2nd rounders.

Tucker > Avery

Edited by RyanBarnes!

Agreed.

No thanks.

Bingo.

Ah, ol' Sean. What can we say about this young man? Let's take a look:

6th in league PIMs, and the only reason there's anyone even close to him is because the others have tons of fighting majors and misconducts as a result. The most important fact is that he is 1st (NUMBAH ONE!) in minor penalties; you know, the ones you go into the box and sit your ass down for while the other team gets a power play.

To be fair to Sean, he's really tied for first in minors. Such defensive stalwarts as Brian McCabe and Sean Hill share his enthusiasm for taking penalties.