• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetter is Better

Henrik Zetterberg

Rate this topic

Wow, I was suprised buy Zata, during the St. Louis game he had one of the most selfless plays. For those who don`t know, Zetter could have scored an empty net goal to cap his hat trick, yet passed it to a struggling Cleary for his 20th goal this season. I think Zetterberg is a great Assistant Captain! Atta boy Zettie :clap:

Wow, I was suprised buy Zata, during the St. Louis game he had one of the most selfless plays. For those who don`t know, Zetter could have scored an empty net goal to cap his hat trick, yet passed it to a struggling Cleary for his 20th goal this season. I think Zetterberg is a great Assistant Captain! Atta boy Zettie :clap:

A minor correction, it was Holmstrom that needed one for the hat trick. Hank only had one goal on the night.

You'll see that most of the time. Not to take anything away from Zata, but he knew he was gonna win. Most players (that score fairly often) would pass for the sure goal.

You could tell Cleary wanted that puck; no way was he gonna miss that shot.

<------ My Favorite player ever.

If anyone saw the incredible replay... The one that was head on with Zata... He deked and then stared straight through the opposing players in front of him and right at the net. Without flinching, he immediately passed to Cleary (The Beast) whom he knew was there somehow mystically.

Thats an assistant captain right there. He knew what he was going to do 3 moves ahead of anyone else out there.

Hank the Rock Star! I don't know what to say...wait, YES I DO! This guy is amazing. I've been following his career since he was playing in Sweden. He is an utter joy to watch! Yeah yeah I think he's hot and everything but completely disregarding that...he's my absolute favorite player. He works hard, he's very aware of his surroundings, but he doesn't take himself too seriously. He's humble, but he's an excellent two-way player. He's a team player to the core...as indicated by his dish to Dan the Man last night. Self-less, talented, humble, talented, easy going, talented, hot ( :blush: ), talented, hard working, talented...and in case you didn't notice: hella talented. He is the future of this team. The powers that be need to do everyyyyyything they can to keep him behind the winged wheel forever. Cheers to the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings!!!

I agree 100%...he's definitely the future of the Wings. I honestly can't wait til he gets his C :)

OMG! you met zata........I'm jealous

and i agree, I thinbk he will be the next great captian!

It's not a coincidence that his stall was next to Yzerman's.

agreed... he is certainly the heir to the lofty captain throne that is the Detroit Red Wings captaincy - his 2 predecessors will only go down as 2 of the all time greatest players to ever lace them up, but that's all... need a good head on your shoulders to step into those giant shoes...

Definitely the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings. He is the most un-selfish player I have seen in some time and really just fits with every player he is matched with on his lines. Plays both ends, makes ***** ass Crosby look average (loved that on March 22nd of last year :lol: ) and is just a spectacular leader for these up and coming kids we have in the system. I am not quite ready to let Nick go one bit but it will ease to watch Hank don that "C". As my name displays, the dude is just a tank on the puck (not just cuz it rhymed) and is my overall favorite player in the league. Truly a born leader.

Hank has been such a huge part of this team ever since he broke the roster. Seriously, what would we have done if he hadn't turned into a marquee player?

Z will make a great captain, though he has some giant shoes to fill.

I thought about starting a thread where we copy and paste our favorite quotes about Red Wings players and it was inspired by reviews of Zetterberg during the 2009 playoffs.

Mike Babcock: "I believe he has a will tank deeper than anybody I've ever been associated with. As much as all the other attributes he has, to me, that's his greatest one. His drive train is fantastic."

Nick Lidstrom: "He comes back at you shift after shift. He's not going to back down or let you take over. That's one of the things that makes him so hard to play against, because he'll play like that defensively. But when he has the puck, he's going to hang onto it and make plays. He's one of those guys that's going to show up every night.

He's one of the best all-around players in the league, the way he can play at both ends of the ice. He's hard to play against. He's not going to give up. He's going to be close to you all the time."

Darren Helm: "You see when he's dead tired, he's still working to get back defensively. I just look at that and try to take a piece of it, how hard he works. I definitely respect what he does, putting up points and shutting down top lines as well."

I think Hank is one of the only players in the league who could play a 10 minute shift lol. I mean I realize how nuts that seems to all who have played and he would just be gassed but I mean watch him during the long shifts on PKs. Just doesn't get tired.

I think Hank is one of the only players in the league who could play a 10 minute shift lol. I mean I realize how nuts that seems to all who have played and he would just be gassed but I mean watch him during the long shifts on PKs. Just doesn't get tired.

That PK shift against the Pens in '08 was still one of the best.