• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Available Wingers

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I've pretty much just looked through a list of the upper-scoring wingers, and narrowed the choices down to those who are on presently-hopeless teams. I couldn't be f*cked to look at contract status, etc. Anyway, here it is--comments, please.

Clark

Semin

Guerin

Knuble

Zubrus

Doan

Frolov

Murray (unlikely)

Gagne

Nolan

Nagy

I can't for the life of me figure out how the Caps could manage to keep all of Ovechkin, Clark, Semin and Zubrus when they haven't gotten to the postseason in years and probably won't this year either.

I also doubt that the Coyotes will keep both Doan and Nagy.

Edited by Crymson

I've pretty much just looked through a list of the upper-scoring wingers, and narrowed the choices down to those who are on presently-hopeless teams. I couldn't be f*cked to look at contract status, etc. Anyway, here it is--comments, please.

Clark

Semin

Guerin

Knuble

Zubrus

Doan

Frolov

Murray (unlikely)

Gagne

I can't for the life of me figure out how the Caps could manage to keep all of Ovechkin, Clark, Semin and Zubrus when they haven't gotten to the postseason in years and probably won't this year either.

out of the ones you've mentioned from the caps Zubrus is most likly to go as for us i'd like to have doan but i just don't see that happening

Clark

Semin

Guerin

Knuble

Zubrus

Doan

Frolov

Murray (unlikely)

Gagne

Samsonov?

He wants out of Montreal.

This year had some problem but he can be a good player if he wants!

Samsonov?

He wants out of Montreal.

This year had some problem but he can be a good player if he wants!

Samsonov was waived by Montreal yesterday. For what he brings, his contract is to big for the wings would want.

Classic case of "contract to big", "player to small."

hehe. :o

We can do way better!

Knuble signed an extension with the Flyers earlier this season. With all the murmers of the Flyers having a fire-sale at the trade deadline, Knuble's name hasn't been mentioned as one that would be traded. Gagne would be the more likely choice.

Semin or Gagne are definitely not available. There is a decent chance doan will re-sign

I'd add Tkachuk, Sturm, Roberts, Gelinas, Nagy.

Once we get closer to the deadline there will be more and more sellers by then. I think its safe to say that there are 7 teams at the moment who are in that position so far.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Guest Crymson

I perused the stats charts for RW/LW on NHL.com, and picked those players near the top who play on bad teams.

Tkachuk is nowhere near the top. 13 goals, or some such.

Samsonov is not there for obvious reasons, and Bertuzzi's injury problems have kept him off the list.

Edited by Crymson

gimme a rental like Guerin or Tkachuk. a playoff proven veteran who can score goals in playoffs, provide leadership and be a hardass when necessary.

add a gritty 4th liner who can hit and agitate but stays out of the box (well... mostly) and I'm fine

keep the rest of the team intact, try our chances in this playoffs but keep focus on development of youth for next seasons

if there's however any chance for Wings to sign Tucker I'd say: go for it. gonna be painful to watch him in Winged Wheel but if we get to WCF the pain will definitely cease :)

gimme a rental like Guerin or Tkachuk. a playoff proven veteran who can score goals in playoffs, provide leadership and be a hardass when necessary.

add a gritty 4th liner who can hit and agitate but stays out of the box (well... mostly) and I'm fine

keep the rest of the team intact, try our chances in this playoffs but keep focus on development of youth for next seasons

if there's however any chance for Wings to sign Tucker I'd say: go for it. gonna be painful to watch him in Winged Wheel but if we get to WCF the pain will definitely cease :)

absolutely, someone who can play with lang and cleary on the 2nd line that can leave us with 2 very good scoring lines.

Guest Crymson

let's take a good look at mr Nolan.

Decent idea.. the Coyotes have a harvest of useful, cheap players.

Nolan, I think, wouldn't be much of a go for a scoring winger, though he's having a decent year-- one must consider that we're dealing with a relatively full roster already. Williams is expendable, and we have Sammy's slot to fill--- but nothing beyond that.

Nagy is only a $3m committment--hence $1m for us--and is only on a one-year contract right now.

Laraque would cost us $450K, and also holds a one-year contract. We'd stand a good chance of keeping him if we wanted to. I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see that guy here.

Doan, of course, is also only about $3m, though I don't know the status of his contract beyond this season.

I'd take Tkachuk.

I think the cost of feeding him would put us above the cap.

Edited by Crymson

i say go after fedotenko (sp), maybe todd fedoruk from philly and if some how we can get say doan.. then go for it.. definatly get rid of somehow .. williams, maybe hudler, and picks.. or try and pawn off some average prospects. but i think fedoruk and fedotenkop can each be had for a decent mid level draft pick since ligthing are close to cap and looking to free cap space, and flyers ar ein a rebuilding period and should take all the picks they can

What about Modin? He could be a nice fit. A hard worker along the boards and a 20 goal scorer, plus he's Swedish!! :cool:

I like this idea. but not only him. Modder is great and would be a nice fit to our roster, but he doesn't address all Wings needs.

I think I'd take Tkachuk or Guerin over Modder, though