• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason_0931

I Hope We Trade Kronwall

Rate this topic

I am really not a big fan of Kronwall. He is not good defensively and I have yet to see his offensive side everyone has been so high on and I can't stand when people call him little Nick. He is no where near Lidstrom's skill level.

What does everyone else think of Kronwall? Trade or No Trade?

He definately hasn't proven that he's worth $15 million over 5 years, but I think Management is hedging their bets that he'll develop into a star and be worth more than the $3 million per year they have him locked up for. It's a gamble, but you need to gamble sometimes.

What gives you the impression he will be great down the road? I honestly do not see anything in his game to suggest he will last long enough to become even a good player.

No offense or anything these are just my opinions. I am not saying yours or anyones are not true, but just looking to see if other people see what I see!

Stock Answer #264: Niklas Kronwall

I know it seems like he's been on the Wings for a while now, but Kronwall has played a total of 93 games at the NHL level, spread over four years. Assuming he stays healthy (knock on wood) this will be his first full season in the league.

Give him a chance to develop his game and his consistency a little. Clearly the Wings management believes in him.

As for "Little Nik" I think it's because he's a younger shorter Niklas, not because people think he's gonna be the next Lidstrom. He may turn into a great defenseman, but the two already play different styles.

He definately hasn't proven that he's worth $15 million over 5 years, but I think Management is hedging their bets that he'll develop into a star and be worth more than the $3 million per year they have him locked up for. It's a gamble, but you need to gamble sometimes.

My thoughts exactly. As of now, he isn't currently playing to what his *FUTURE* contract states. However, its a gamble toward his future progression.

Remember, he's not going to be getting $3 million next year. His contract breakdown is $1.5 million in 07-08, $3 million in 08-09, $3.25 million in 09-10, $3.5 million in 2010-2011, and $3.75 million in 2011-2012. That gives him the rest of this season, and all of next season to mature.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Let me ask it this way. If you were in net for the Wings in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final who would you rather have in from of you Kronwall or Lebda. I think Lebda has much more upside than Kronwall, both offensively and defensively.

Stock Answer #264: Niklas Kronwall

I know it seems like he's been on the Wings for a while now, but Kronwall has played a total of 93 games at the NHL level, spread over four years. Assuming he stays healthy (knock on wood) this will be his first full season in the league.

Give him a chance to develop his game and his consistency a little. Clearly the Wings management believes in him.

As for "Little Nik" I think it's because he's a younger shorter Niklas, not because people think he's gonna be the next Lidstrom. He may turn into a great defenseman, but the two already play different styles.

Agree. I can't stand all the "Lidstrom Jr" and "The Next Lidstrom" nametags hung around his neck all the time by the media. He is nothing like Lids. In fact, I think all that talk makes him think he is better than he actually is (at this point). He turns the puck over often when he's the last man back, he gets out of position trying to make big hits, and tries to stick handle through skilled forwards instead of using his defensive partner to move the puck down ice.

Now I don't want to sound like a Kronwall hater, and I totally hope he develops into the player we expect him to be, I'm just not sold on all of this he's the best young defensemen and the next Lidstrom crap, cause he's got a long way to go.

wurd,

esteef

I am not in favor of trading Kronnic. He has some fantastic potential and I trust him waaaaaaaaay more than I trust Lillypads. Of course Lebda is awesome too. They are both young and learning. But in terms of trading the Kron...nooooo. He looks good behind the winged wheel and makes some exxxxxcellent hits...we need that.

I think you're spot on here. Sometimes you have to take a gamble. He could turn out to be a bust, or it could turn out that 3 million a year is a steal.

Let me ask it this way. If you were in net for the Wings in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final who would you rather have in from of you Kronwall or Lebda. I think Lebda has much more upside than Kronwall, both offensively and defensively.

Lebda may be playing a little more solid right now, but it depends on how you use the word "upside".

Are you talking about Potential?

Clarify..........

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Kronner and Markov are the only D-men who will step up and deliver a nice hit. At least with him on the ice, the opposition is thinking about him. I think he will turn out just fine, he has not played a full season in the NHL yet, so just give him time to get his big boy pants on.

Edited by rwfan007

When I say upside I mean potential. Lebda I think is more consistent defensively, he seems to know when to join the rush and he has phenomenal speed. He doesn’t make poor decisions in his own zone and he doesn’t pinch when he should retreat to a defensive posture.

Does that answer your question?

Kronwall is a great defensman, and an essential part of this Wings team for now and years to come. He's not going anywhere and the Wings would be completely CRAZY to even think of trading him.

I wouldn't say that he is great defensman - I think that he's good defensmen with a lot of potential... he's not going to be offensive defensmen type Lidstrom...

Lebda may be playing a little more solid right now, but it depends on how you use the word "upside".

Are you talking about Potential?

Clarify..........

What about Markov???

Edited by Dominator2005

I've been a bit of a lurker here and now that this topic comes up, I've got to comment.

I don't like Kronwall. Not personally, of course, but as a defenseman for the Red Wings. His defense is characterized by always choosing the risky play over the safe one, trying to force the puck, bad turn overs, and deciding to pinch at the wrong time. Any one of those should raise questions...

His offense is virtually non-existent. He steps up into the play only to try to make a stupid pass that gets picked off and there's a two on one against his defensive partner. He has poor shot selection and suffers from the same poor decision making the marks his defensive game.

And I'm sorry, but even if you're injured, being around practices and in the locker room of an NHL team for four years should leave something of a mark on you.

Someone already brought up Lebda and I agree totally. You can make all the statements you want about Kronwall needing to develop and gain experience and grow into his position but that kind of looks silly when Lebda's only played less than a year and has made huge strides in becoming a very reliable defenseman. That youngster is pretty solid although he may make a bad choice or two but you can see he's learning and maturing. I think he has the perfect role model in Chelios and if he continues the way he has, he will definitely be a huge asset for the Wings. So how does Kronwall get so many passes on being inexperienced when right next to him is someone that proves it's hogwash?

I'm sorry your guy's intro to me is on such a negative note but it's something I've been frustrated about for a while now and once I saw this thread, I had to vent. But now that my cherry is popped, I'm sure I'll be back for some more of the light hearted stuff.

i'm not impressed with kronwall either. i think he has a tendency to make poor and costly decisions and frequently tries to do too much. he's always looking for open ice hits, no matter the cost, and tries to stick handle it across the blue line going through two or three forwards like he thinks he's zetterberg or datsyuk. i think he'll be plagued with injury problems because of his size and style of play. i like lebda much better at this point. i wish kronwall would just focus on defense. i'm nervous every time he's the last man back. it sucks because i had such high hopes for him this year. it is early in his career, so you never know what he will turn into. but i'm not impressed at all right now.

I believe Kronwall is our 4th best defensive defensemen and our 3 best offensive defensemen. Kronwalll logs a lot minutes, more than Lebda and during his time filling in for Schneider he played some of the best hockey he's played all year.

Lebda is not a good defensive defensemen, he doesn't play on the PK for a reason. He's a good player because he can skate very well and it makes up for a lot. Lebda is a decent passer, has a weak shot but the puck finds the net sometimes and in all honesty, he'll be a career 4-6 defensemen.

Kronwall plays all situations and has done well, sure he makes some bad passes every once in a while, but every defensemen not named Lidstrom has had just as many if not more.

He creates tons of offensive chances, but they're just not resulting in goals. When Schneider leaves you'll realize how good he is.

Edited by Heaton

Outside of the Ageless One, Kronner is the only D-man who will step up and deliver a nice hit. At least with him on the ice, the opposition is thinking about him. I think he will turn out just fine, he has not played a full season in the NHL yet, so just give him time to get his big boy pants on.

we could find better hitters ( who actually have size) for 3 mil