• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BobRouse03

Wings at Flyers

Rate this topic

I will be at the game tomorrow night and I'm wondering what kind of Red Wing crowd will be in attendance. There were a lot of Penguin fans in Philly on Thursday night and a fair amount of Blues fans there on Saturday. The Wings usually have a good deal of fans at road games. Im hoping for a good turn out tomorrow night.

Guest Crymson

I will be at the game tomorrow night and I'm wondering what kind of Red Wing crowd will be in attendance. There were a lot of Penguin fans in Philly on Thursday night and a fair amount of Blues fans there on Saturday. The Wings usually have a good deal of fans at road games. Im hoping for a good turn out tomorrow night.

You will find Red Wings fans everywhere, and they will ALWAYS come in red--- no street clothes or any of that crap. They're generally more into the game than the home crowd, also.

Guest Crymson

I love the look on that guy's face. You can practically see him yelling "HAMMER FIST!" I bet he wished that cup was glass so he could bust it on that poor fool's face.

For the record, I do NOT condone this behavior. :D

Either that arena is full of utter miscreants--including the children--or that picture is staged or a joke.

Either that arena is full of utter miscreants--including the children--or that picture is staged or a joke.

That would be the first one. Philly fans (of pretty much all their teams) are pretty bad.

Cheering injured players (When Michael Irvin went down against the Ealges), shooting a Flare Gun across the field, pelting sportscasters & players with snowballs... Not exactly the model fan behavior from the City of Brotherly Love... Heck, they even booed Santa Claus one year...

Edited by Jedi

That would be the first one. Philly fans (of pretty much all their teams) are pretty bad.

Cheering injured players (When Michael Irvin went down against the Ealges), shooting a Flare Gun across the field, pelting sportscasters & players with snowballs... Not exactly the model fan behavior from the City of Brotherly Love... Heck, they even booed Santa Claus one year...

In defense of the Philly fans who booed Santa Claus, the Santa story needs some context. "Santa" was a drunk-as-a-skunk Eagles fan making a complete ass of himself.....I think he might have ended up in the Vet courtroom that day.

It's a pretty weak defense though. Philly may be the only town that booed Santa Claus, but as they're the only town where Santa deserves it, it doesn't add much to the reputation :lol:

I have no idea where that picture came from, by the way. It's several years old. At least seven or so. One of those things that floats around the InterWebs.

im gonna be at the game too!!! row 5 to the left of either the players or the penalty box, dont remember, but yeah i was wondering if i should wear my jersey, cause my friend will wear his flyers jersey, but im not sure..

I always wear my colors in opposing stadiums/arenas. Humorous pictures aside, I'm sure it's perfectly safe. I can't think of a good reason why I wouldn't sport my Wings stuff if I was going to a Wings game.

Anyone know who is playing in net tomorrow in philly? Dom (wrist)? Oz (finger)? MickieD (back2back)? Howard?

I really want to see Howard in action, that would be nice!

Howard needs a nickname, what do you guys call him, all I can think of is "Opie" as in Ron Howard!

Anyone know who is playing in net tomorrow in philly? Dom (wrist)? Oz (finger)? MickieD (back2back)? Howard?

I really want to see Howard in action, that would be nice!

Howard needs a nickname, what do you guys call him, all I can think of is "Opie" as in Ron Howard!

If I heard right, I think they said that Joey was going to get the nod tomorrow. Don't quote me on that though...

And there's NO WAY you can seriously give Howard the nickname Opie. Seriously, if ANYONE on the team needs that nickname, it's Ozzie.

IPB ImageIPB Image

LMAO, yea I guess Opie doesn't fit Howard, I was just throwing out ideas! Yet I do see the opie resemblance in Ozzie as you pointed out!

"Howie" is another one. I'd feel weird chanting Howie Howie!

Plus Ilitch would probably have him traded in a heartbeat since the fans would be hypnotized into buying hungry howies instead of little caesars!