• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Which Wings are ‘Untouchable’?

Rate this topic

Agreed.

Everyone else is fair game.

People have to remember that you've gotta give up someone of value to bring in someone of value. Teams aren't going to do us the favor of taking the players we want to get rid of anyway in exchange for one of their stars.

We had to give up Slava Kozlov to bring in Dom in 2002. And Kozlov was one of our clutch playoff performers.

Exactly... The whole team isnt untouchable. I like our young players & prospects jsut as much as the next person, but if they can be traded for someone better then we should do it. It all depends though. I wouldnt want to trade Hudler, Filppula, Lebda, Howard, etc for some old geiser who's a UFA, but wouldnt mind that much if a deal was made for a better prospect in place of someone that would 'fit' in the Red Wings systems and needs more.

This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?

Ok well by that logic no one is untouchable, ever. But a trade like that would never happen which is why there are untouchable players.

This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?

As if Pens or Caps would trade away the cornerstones of their future. THEY would be retarded to do that, it is pointless to even discuss the word 'trade' in the same sentence with Sid or Ovie.

And the same goes for Z and Lids for that matter.

Ok well by that logic no one is untouchable, ever. But a trade like that would never happen which is why there are untouchable players.

Yes, that is my point exactly. No one in this league is untouchable, except perhaps Ovechkin or Crosby.

As if Pens or Caps would trade away the cornerstones of their future. THEY would be retarded to do that, it is pointless to even discuss the word 'trade' in the same sentence with Sid or Ovie.

And the same goes for Z and Lids for that matter.

So then the title of this thread should have been "Which Wings are untouchable, unless the pens or caps come a callin"

Since Ovechkin and Crosby are untouchable, so are Zetterberg and Lidstrom.

Your logic is flawed

Edited by Bannedforlife

So then the title of this thread should have been "Which Wings are untouchable, unless the pens or caps come a callin"

Let's try to have some realism here, unless you can figure out a good reason why Sid or Ovie would become available in the market. That's kinda far-fetched to put it nicely.

Let's try to have some realism here, unless you can figure out a good reason why Sid or Ovie would become available in the market. That's kinda far-fetched to put it nicely.

Unrealistic is trying to say that there are any players on this roster that are not tradeable, no matter what the return. Im not the first person to state this FACT in this thread, only the first to say it so bluntly. I can't think of a reason why Sid or Ovechkin would become available, but I can think of a few reasons why Z or Lids would (the reason being Sid or Ovie, or several others in this league, such as Heatley, Hossa, Lecavalier etc)

1) I would not trade Zetterberg for anyone in the league. Granted, Crosby is phenomenal and Ovechkin's an out of this world talent, but Zetterberg is clearly the most defensively responsible superstar in the NHL right now. I'll take a 30 to 40-goal, 80 to 90-point a year Selke winner over 50 goals/120 points and no defense any day of the week.

2) I will simply list the legit prospects/roster players I would part with: Hudler, Quincey, Williams, Liv, MacDonald, Lebda, Lilja, Samuelsson, Lang. Any others in the NHL, AHL or juniors either have too much potential (Flip, Kindl), are a future cornerstone (Kronwall, Howard) or a key cog of the team that simply won't be dealt (Hank, Pavel, Lids, etc). Edit: Any other youngsters (i.e. Langfeld, Bootland) have minimal trade value IMO.

3) There is no way Holland breaks up the Wondertwins at this point. He may not be able to re-sign Datsyuk, but I think you don't dare disturb that chemistry right now. Since they've been reunited, they're arguably one of the most dymanic tandems in the league. IMO, there is no way Holland deals Datsyuk unless the magnetic poles reverse, cats and dogs get along and the Pens, Washington or Atlanta become dumb enough to part with one of their superstars for a pending UFA.

Edited by Wingsfan31

Unrealistic is trying to say that there are any players on this roster that are not tradeable, no matter what the return. Im not the first person to state this FACT in this thread, only the first to say it so bluntly. I can't think of a reason why Sid or Ovechkin would become available, but I can think of a few reasons why Z or Lids would (the reason being Sid or Ovie, or several others in this league, such as Heatley, Hossa, Lecavalier etc)

hur hur u would so trade z for sid dont lie rofl rofl

Seriously, go away. Nobody gives a s*** about your stupid nitpicking.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I doubt that we could get a worthy return for Nick (not to mention what a huge part of our team we'd be giving up) since he'll soon be 37. We could get a good player but no one close to his ability.

And if you could get e.g. Heatley, Hossa or Lecavalier in exchange for Z straight up, would you really make that trade? I wouldn't.

All in all, it's strictly hypothetical and totally pointless to talk about trading these guys because it's never gonna happen.

Edited by FinWing

I respect your opinion but I find it to be flawed. You fail to take into account the intangibles both Z and Lids bring to the Wings, which are the chief reasons neither would ever be traded. Lidstrom is a) the captain, b) arguably the best defenseman in the NHL and, c) the key to the Red Wings' special teams. Other players may be as talented as Nick, but none know the system as well, understand the tendancies of the Wings' players and how to work his game within the system. Likewise, Zetterberg is the future captain of this franchise, an outstanding two-way player and the face of the organization in many ways like Yzerman was. He is flat out untouchable unless you want to get into ridiculous hypotheticals like Crosby and Malkin for Zetterberg straight up. I would wager Holland won't deal him for Crosby even up.

But then, people did want Yzerman traded for Yashin, so perhaps this fan base's grasp of intangibles is not as tight as one would think.

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

if you get rid of kronwall from your list and ad in draper then i would agree with you

Hey, going straight for the big boy words, are we? Tell you what son. If you apologize nicely and make me a sandwich, I won't pull your pants down and spank your little bottom blue in front of all your little internet buddies, K?

Hey, going straight for the big boy words, are we? Tell you what son. If you apologize nicely and make me a sandwich, I won't pull your pants down and spank your little bottom blue in front of all your little internet buddies, K?

Okay okay, let's just calm down here and not get personal about this. This discussion about trading franchise players just won't lead to anything so why not just lay it to rest.

Please, surely we can find something more constructive to talk about.

Oooo...you're such a tough guy. You tell 'im!

:rolleyes:

Watch out Blak, he might go right down to where you live and... hijack another thread.

Here's the point where the wheels come off:

"This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?"

Up until then, discussion on players and assets the Wings could or should move were being discussed, and none of that involves Hank or Nick in any world we live in. Bringing up Crosby is just stupid semantics whoring bulls*** and wouldn't you know it, the threads in the toilet even prior to my arrival. Textbook threadjack, dude! Please don't kick my ass!

:lol: you sound like a old man!

Look man, if that's what you're into, I say live and let live as long as you find a consenting adult partner. But could you keep your spanking fetish out of the thread please? We were talking about hockey here.

And yes, technically no one is untouchable. But the spirit of the thread is to get people's opinion of who on the team they would under most realistic circumstances not give up and keep as the core of the team.

You seem to be the only one who's missed this.

Oooo...you're such a tough guy. You tell 'im!

:rolleyes:

Well, I was having a discussion with fellow LGW members about the pros and cons of whatever the hell this topic is when this nobody comes out of left field and feels the need to interject with a bunch of stupid ass comments when nobody was even talking to her in the first place.

Apparantly people do give a s*** about what I was saying because Wingsfan31and FinWing are still responding to what I said.

Well, I was having a discussion with fellow LGW members about the pros and cons of whatever the hell this topic is when this nobody comes out of left field and feels the need to interject with a bunch of stupid ass comments when nobody was even talking to her in the first place.

Actually, I'd say you're the one who took the conversation into left field with the Crosby and Ovechkin talk.

Oh, I see what you did there. Subtle.

Here, let's talk about the pros and cons of threadjacking:

PROS:

Hilarious Internet tough guy shtick.

CONS:

The death of an otherwise worthwhile topic.

Apparantly people do give a s*** about what I was saying because Wingsfan31and FinWing are still responding to what I said.

To tell you how wrong you are? I guess negative attention is still attention.