• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heroes of Hockeytown

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

So, what to do with this bum? When he was actually playing well the retard rodeo was still in town bagging on him, but now he's just been just as horrible as Willy lately, if not worse.

His trade value really is nil if you ask me. Playing like ass, old, UFA, etc. A good benching is the only line of recourse I can envision.

And for what it's worth, deep within my heart I still believe he can turn it up in the playoffs. That doesn't forgive this absolutely disgraceful hockey he's been playing, but it's something.

HofH - I know that took a lot out of you to post this thread, as inevitable as it may be. But yeah...Lang...what can I say? It's like he doesn't even WANT to play. I hope everything's ok in his personal life and he's not secretly injured.

Don't give up on Lang. He'll be fantastic in March. Seriously.

HofH - I know that took a lot out of you to post this thread, as inevitable as it may be. But yeah...Lang...what can I say? It's like he doesn't even WANT to play. I hope everything's ok in his personal life and he's not secretly injured.

You know I was thinking the same thing. Something could be going on in his personal life that could be distracting him. You just never know.

Trust me, Bob is my homeboy. But his complete and total noneffort that he's been giving lately is just unbearable and unprofessional.

i know, 14 games without a point....but maybe he's saving it for late....oh, hell, what am i saying...i hope he's saving it for later....

Don't give up on Lang. He'll be fantastic in March. Seriously.

You know I was thinking the same thing. Something could be going on in his personal life that could be distracting him. You just never know.

I agree. He'll be there in the playoffs.

He may be one of the only ones, too.

Who knows how tonite would have gone if he played with a little fire...

Perhaps putting him on a lower line will show him what a non-factor he's been.

Perhaps sending his ass to Grand Rapids would cure him!!!! Well I don't think he would clear waivers, but then again he might. I like Lang alot, but seriously he has been terrible. I think he needs to be scratched for a few games, the only problem is we have no one to replace him, if we keep calling our youngsters from GR up we will lose them in waivers, just like we did with MacDonald I hope that doesn't come back to bite us!!

I really don't know. We've all seen him when he's at his best. He's a really talented guy and is a great player when he wants to be. He also brings some size to our forward corps. However, he has been downright awful for a while now. Taking a look at his stats, he has 6 points and is minus-9 since January 2nd (24 games). Awful.

ok....another lang bashing thread....then he goes on a scoring streak and everyone starts to praise him....can you spell "BANDWAGON"

wrong thing to say, wrong person to say it to.

HOH, relax. 4th grade may be tough for some, but then, fifth grade...it all makes sense. fractions look good, i before e makes sense, don't worry.

don't you give up on your Bobby. He will see you through.*

*unless we trade him to the rangers for a third round pick, then he will see them through...through the end of the season and on to the golf coarse. where... i hear robert is the third best golfer in the league and it would be great to play a round with him. let me know, i'll call him and set it up.

k.

Guest Crymson

So, what to do with this bum? When he was actually playing well the retard rodeo was still in town bagging on him, but now he's just been just as horrible as Willy lately, if not worse.

His trade value really is nil if you ask me. Playing like ass, old, UFA, etc. A good benching is the only line of recourse I can envision.

And for what it's worth, deep within my heart I still believe he can turn it up in the playoffs. That doesn't forgive this absolutely disgraceful hockey he's been playing, but it's something.

I'll let you get away with using that title, but only because I like you.

Anywho, I doubt anybody would want him--agreed. He is horrid. IF anyone decides they'd like to throw ANYONE useful our way for him, I'd do it (within the bounds of reason)--wouldn't you?

ok....another lang bashing thread....then he goes on a scoring streak and everyone starts to praise him....can you spell "BANDWAGON"

I don't think "bandwagon" has anything to do with it. I tolerate the guy's utterly lazy and unmotivated play (not that my tolerance or lack thereof matters whatsoever to the guy) while he is producing; but when large-scale production is absent, nothing balances out the fact that Lang won't skate fast, won't hit, won't execute quick plays, sucks on defense and creates costly turnovers through careless passes. He's honestly probably the most worthless guy on the team at the moment--EASILY. Yet he refuses to pick up his pace, so he goes out there and stands out as the one guy on the ice who won't hustle. Altogether, he does far more harm than good. To watch him out there, well.. it's mind-boggling.

HoH put it well when he called Lang's play disgraceful; I call his play insulting. When I saw Cleary--who has lately been robbed via his line association with Lang--take a stick to the ribs, and haul himself up to attempt a deflection, I wanted to (figuratively) throttle Lang--after this happened, I didn't pay much attention to whether or not Lang was on the ice, but I'm as sure as can be that he came on for a shift and continued his lazy play.

Edited by Crymson

Anywho, I doubt anybody would want him--agreed. He is horrid. IF anyone decides they'd like to throw ANYONE useful our way for him, I'd do it (within the bounds of reason)--wouldn't you?

I was just discussing this, actually. If there was a move to be made, maybe Atlanta would get involved, it could definitely be beneficial. Flip played fifteen minutes tonight; he doesn't have Lang's offensive ability yet (slump notwithstanding, mind you) but Mike's got a lot of confidence in him.

Still, I'd hate to move him just because I kinda sense that if we could get a good winger for him we'd have a decent secondary scoring line instead of living or dying with what Hank and Pavel do. With Willy perpetually useless, and Cleary KO'd, we're going to really struggle to put points on the board outside of the big line. Sammy will be back in a couple weeks, though, so at least relief is on the way...

Guest Crymson

I was just discussing this, actually. If there was a move to be made, maybe Atlanta would get involved, it could definitely be beneficial. Flip played fifteen minutes tonight; he doesn't have Lang's offensive ability yet (slump notwithstanding, mind you) but Mike's got a lot of confidence in him.

Still, I'd hate to move him just because I kinda sense that if we could get a good winger for him we'd have a decent secondary scoring line instead of living or dying with what Hank and Pavel do. With Willy perpetually useless, and Cleary KO'd, we're going to really struggle to put points on the board outside of the big line. Sammy will be back in a couple weeks, though, so at least relief is on the way...

Unfortunately, all too worrying is the prospect that it won't matter which winger Lang plays with. Quite likely--well, almost certainly--Lang himself is the problem. I honestly don't know what could be destroying his play to this degree, but it's 99.9% surely him alone rather than the effect of others.

It's really tough to see Langer going through this stretch.

Lang seems to be a really likeable guy, and i know this has nothing to do with his playing,

but i cant help but just like the guy. He was funny when they showed him and rex hanging out at his house, and i really do think he can be a great player. who knows with his slump, but he is one guy that i am really pulling for.

come on Bobby,

heres to the next game :thumbup:

He's getting some more good chances lately, but it's a combination of being absolutely snakebitten and just not really having any confidence IMO.

You wander if something is really going on in his head right now that's affecting him on the ice. We know he usally plays a calm, quiet-paced, and patient game, but that just isn't working.

If a trade could be worked out for him before Tuesday to get a decent deal for the Wings, I'm all ears, but I just don't think he has that much value. Maybe Washington would want him back, but who would we get from the Capitals that could help out of a fair deal from both sides (no, not Overcheckin, if you're smoking the peace pipe waiting for that deal, put it down now)?

Honestly, I don't see him being moved, which is frustrating now, but hopefully he can be there again for a 3rd straight playoff season.

Not to sound like a jackass, but maybe Cleary getting injured could be of benefit to Lang right now. He'll have opportunities to work with new linemates, maybe get some new chemistry going.

Yes, Lang has been in a slump.

[/font]

No, Lang being in a slump does not 'hold back' Dan Cleary. A large number of Cleary's points this season came because he was on Lang's wing, and Lang was playing very well at the time.

No, the solution is not to drop Lang to the 4th line or Grand Rapids.

Cleary and Williams clearly are not scoring with lang, and that has as much to do with their lack of finishing ability as it does with Lang's slump.

The solution, simply, is to put a guy with Lang who has serious finishing ability, and has displayed chemistry with Lang in the past.

Jiri Hudler.

You know, I've never really had a huge problem with Lang. I figure, yeah he doesn't skate quite as hard as some of the other players, but I never had a huge issue with it as long as he produced. And for the most part he's been effective. Even in the playoffs. But lately, just watchikng him float around on the ice, not skating hard, AND not producing is making me want to vomit. He is progressively getting worse. His performance last night was pathetic. I found myself screaming at him at the TV. No hustle. Couldn't be bothered getting back defensively. Just floating in the neutral zone waiting for the long pass. Williams hasn't produced either, and I'm not defending him, but at least in last night's game he was moving. He may have been useless as well, but he seemed to be trying (just not succeeding). It was nice to see Filp spending a little time with Willy and Lang, but here's the thing; Why not split up the dynamic duds of Willy and Lang. Neither of them are effective right now. Put someone else on there. Maybe that will light a fire? (hopeful thinking). Put Willy with Hudler and Langfeld, and Lang with Filppula and Ellis. Maybe the mixup with some youth will help Lang, and being away from Lang will help WIlliams.

I don't want to trade Lang if only because he was one of the few players we had show up in the playoffs last year. We're going to need help with points, and I'm hoping at some point he can pick it back up (even if just in time for round 1).

I love the idea of benching him for his lack of effort. Hell, I'd like to bench (or trade) Williams too. The only issue with this, is who do we replace him with? Sammy's still out, Cleary's out now, Kopecky's out. Maybe Lilja would be better on forward than defense??? :blink: I guess we'd have to call someone up.

Hope for once Holland has something up his sleeve to deal with this.It's only getting worse, when it should be getting better. ..

Yes, Lang has been in a slump.

[/font]

No, Lang being in a slump does not 'hold back' Dan Cleary. A large number of Cleary's points this season came because he was on Lang's wing, and Lang was playing very well at the time.

No, the solution is not to drop Lang to the 4th line or Grand Rapids.

Cleary and Williams clearly are not scoring with lang, and that has as much to do with their lack of finishing ability as it does with Lang's slump.

The solution, simply, is to put a guy with Lang who has serious finishing ability, and has displayed chemistry with Lang in the past.

Jiri Hudler.

Yeah, I agree with that to some point. But I feel that if Lang would give at least some effort, that line would definitely have a few more points.