• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Berard, Cajanek

Rate this topic

These guys were placed on waivers.... I think we should trade Lilja for whatever we can get, pick Berard off waivers to be a depth guy instead - he's better than Lilja.

Secondly, I think it would be silly if we don't at least try to pick up Cajanek.... If for nothing else but depth. Cajanek has something like 35pts or close to that this season. He isn't a big guy, but he seems like the type of player who can turn it up when needed.

These are just some thoughts in light of the players placed on waivers this afternoon.

What do you think, people?

You assume that they will be there when we get round to them. I don't think its even a possiblity. If we can move Lilja we will prob use that money to get people in trades.

I don't think you would be any more happy with either of them. I would not even think about tampering with the D until the second line is not a problem.

You assume that they will be there when we get round to them. I don't think its even a possiblity. If we can move Lilja we will prob use that money to get people in trades.

I don't think you would be any more happy with either of them. I would not even think about tampering with the D until the second line is not a problem.

How is adding Berard and letting go of Lilja "tampering with the D?"

Berard is clearly a better defensemen than Lilja, and Lilja hasn't done anything good for us this season.

Cajanek would be just for depth, we're not giving up anything huge for him since he's on waivers, so this doesn't mean we can't still go get Guerin, etc...

And getting Cajanek is assuming we lose someone off our roster, for example Lang or Hudler... to trades. Obviously Lang will most like not be able to be moved, but I can dream damnit!

Edited by SwedeLundin77

How is adding Berard and letting go of Lilja "tampering with the D?"

Berard is clearly a better defensemen than Lilja, and Lilja hasn't done anything good for us this season.

Cajanek would be just for depth, we're not giving up anything huge for him since he's on waivers, so this doesn't mean we can't still go get Guerin, etc...

And getting Cajanek is assuming we lose someone off our roster, for example Lang or Hudler... to trades. Obviously Lang will most like not be able to be moved, but I can dream damnit!

who the hell cares, neither are coming to detroit!

Neither. No one would take Lilja. Berard isn't worth the money. Cajanek is the type of player they don't need, a smallish player with decent offensive skills but who has underachieved his entire career. They just got rid of one of those in Jason Williams.

Berard's got the ability to put up crazy points for a defenseman. He'll make somebody happy once he's back into game shape, but probably not any of us.

thats not what we need though..

4 of our 7 defenseman are very offensive..Lebda basically plays as a 4th forward he pinches so much

if we get a defenseman its gotta be a defensive one