• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest JOHNB21

JIRI FISCHER

Rate this topic

Guest JOHNB21

Im sorry if this isn't smart to ask but has anyone heard if or when he plans on returning? IIMO we need him back in the lineup cuz it seems he is the only D-man that isn't afraid to hit and punish. please don't bash me cuz i dont know

Yeah...it's a sad story. Fisch would be helping us greatly right now. He just cant risk further injury (see: death) by coming back.

Some feel that his condition would mean it doesnt matter whether he's playing hockey or sitting on the couch....but could we really deal with Fisch dieing on the ice in front of us?

There's more to life than hockey, he has a beautiful wife, and although he may never have a major problem for quite some time...he's got other priorities right now.

No one is going to bash you! Don't worry bout it. :)

I really think Fisch is done with hockey. I know he keeps saying he'll do everything to try and come back..even if it's 10 years from now but the reality is he probably won't because it would be too much of a risk.

I just keep thinking how awesome a pairing of Kronner/Fisch would be. They'd be fantastic together. Anyways..I don't think he'll ever come back and that just may be the best thing for his health.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Personally....I think he should give it a shot if he wants, and we should let him. I mean, get the tests done, do everything you can do to prevent it, but lets be honest.....the guy has been playing hockey for 20+ years and he's never had this problem before. With today's technology, i'm sure it wouldn't be too tedious for him to do any pregame ritual that he has to do "just in case".

i know a lot of you guys will say that to sacrifice even the smallest possibility of death is absurd.....but ya know, theres a slight chance i could get hit by a car tomorrow by walking to class.....yet everyday 49,000 other students wake up and do the exact same thing.

noteworthy: fischer has never, and i mean never, smoked a cigarette or had a drop of alcohol. His body is one of the best in the biz.

If Fish would still be there, I'd take Schneder out of the roster.

Lidström - Markov

Fischer - Kronwall

Lebda- Chelios

That would be awesome defence.

Just to make sure: You're talking about MATHIEU SCHNEIDER ?????

You're kidding me right ??

the loss of Fischer is almost irreplacable.

A _big_, physical, homegrown defenseman with some offensive capabilities and playoff experience... and still a young man even by hockey standards.

Try get that on the FA market and you're looking at quite big money these days. Trading for that means you're giving up at least what Shane O'Brien commanded.

The loss of Fischer might have cost us the first round against the Oilers.

in regards to the first post, we have a person who is not affraid to hit anyone. the other swedish defensive player. and im not tlaking about lidstrom. when he gives concussion hits in the open ice, i think he is not affraid to smash anyone.

in regards to the first post, we have a person who is not affraid to hit anyone. the other swedish defensive player. and im not tlaking about lidstrom. when he gives concussion hits in the open ice, i think he is not affraid to smash anyone.

Kronwall. Markov can do the freight train on open ice quite nicely too.

Markov and Kronwall are open ice hitters, Fischer is/was more of crease-clearer stature. You can't teach that size. You'll also be damn lucky to draft more big defensemen like him who aren't complete pylons.