• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Wings acquire Kyle Calder in 3-way deal

Rate this topic

Why didn't Chicago just take Calder? Either they were on drugs or for some other reason in a self-destructive mode or there's some other aspect to this trade that we don't know about. Probably the last one because otherwise it doesn't seem like there are many sane GMs left.

Either way, good job Kenny! :clap: Philly got a decent return for Calder, Kukkonen should do well especially with his old teammate Pitkanen in the fold. But we got rid of (some of) our junk and even got a sound player in return!

Why didn't Chicago just take Calder? Either they were on drugs or for some other reason in a self-destructive mode or there's some other aspect to this trade that we don't know about. Probably the last one because otherwise it doesn't seem like there are many sane GMs left.

Either way, good job Kenny! :clap: Philly got a decent return for Calder, Kukkonen should do well especially with his old teammate Pitkanen in the fold. But we got rid of (some of) our junk and even got a sound player in return!

Calder has already played for Chicago. They traded him to the Flyers.

Calder has already played for Chicago. They traded him to the Flyers.

Yeah, in the Handzus trade. But is there a problem between him and the Hawks or something? Otherwise I can't see why they would trade him for Williams. They probably could have gotten more out of trading Calder. Not that I care or anything, I'm just curious as to why they traded for Williams.

Somehow, anyone who aplogizes for 'sounding like a dick' sounds really insincere and really is a dick.

You actually sound like a patronizing little girl who gets her hockey from the net. And I dont need to apolgize for that.

Yep, I'm glad to see Williams go as I also want to see us improve immediately. I'm just not sure this will change much. Little more exicted by this than Cory Cross, but not by much. Looks to be a zero-sum gain on paper, but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out on the ice.

You may beleive you know a lot about the game of hockey, but you know so little about the game of life......

Why are you always such an ass? Just wondering.

Yeah, in the Handzus trade. But is there a problem between him and the Hawks or something? Otherwise I can't see why they would trade him for Williams. They probably could have gotten more out of trading Calder. Not that I care or anything, I'm just curious as to why they traded for Williams.

I guess whatever reason they traded Calder in the first place, but on paper I agree that Calder and Williams look pretty similar. I feel pretty good about this deal though.

I guess whatever reason they traded Calder in the first place, but on paper I agree that Calder and Williams look pretty similar. I feel pretty good about this deal though.

Same here. :) All in all, Calder is a better player and will want to prove himself in a competitive team like ours. If he doesn't pan out, we can let him walk in the summer and Williams wasn't getting anything done here either.

We got Calder, we gave up Williams.

I, unlike most like the trade.

Calder had 26 goals last year.

And Williams had 21 goals last year...

All in all, I don't care about this trade. Williams was warned a bunch of times to step up and he failed to. Maybe Calder can.

I believe there are more deals to come. Kenny hasn't moved any draft picks yet.

Edited by Brew McCrew

Why are you always such an ass? Just wondering.

I believe it stems from the fact that if you disagree with certain people in here then they automatically state that you know less about hockey then they do.

Does that satisfy your curiosity?