• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks (inflamed disc)

Rate this topic

Rumor has it the Red Wings' docs had to surgically remove the saddle that's been weighing him down since the New Year.

well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. i hope they kept it, i wonder if it will fit on lang's back.

This is the type of adversity we had almost none of last season. It sucks, but it's good for the team.

dat's was out for a few weeks at the end of the year. but you're right. sammy's out, kopecky, cleary, and now z. we're running out of forwards.

Guest MrSandMan

Let the boy rest up folks, let him have time to recover... including his wrists.

Who cares if we finish 1st? I don't!

Lets just worry about making a healthy and strong run in the post season, that my friends, is what truly matters here.

He'll visit the team chiropractor a few times, rest up, and be ready for the playoffs. This is no big deal... he'll be ready to go come playoff time.

Edited by WingsDC2B

It really isn't a huge loss in the scheme of things, however. In fact, I'm eager to see them play these upcoming weeks, -not- dependent on Hank's production. I'll miss the hell out of Z in the line-up, but like ARice said, this should be a good thing.

Maybe I'll have to buy a Hank home jersey to help pass the time. I saw one in a sports store at the mall.. and I was thinking, that #40 is just awesome.

barring any setbacks......both Z and Big bert should be back around the 20th. There'd be 10 or so games left after that point to the season. There will be 3 games at the end of the month vs anaheim followed by nashville and dallas, which could be statement games, and we'll see how we stack up with our acquisitions and theirs.

It sucks that we have to play nashville 3 times in the next two weeks. I would really love to see how we stack up against them in full force (including Bertuzzi). I'm really staring to dislike them and consider them our main rivals. As much as i hate the current schedule and seeing chicago and st. louis all the time it did do the job of creating a great rivalry, at least in my opinion.

Isn't he though? So I guess he's not going to hit 50 goals this year. 40 is still possible though. As long as he's healthy come playoff time, I'm good.

I was really looking forward to seeing him show up in the top-5 in goals stats on espn.com

Guest MrSandMan

that's definitely a concern. we won't have much time as a team before the playoffs hit.

We'll be fine... Detroit is a world class professional team.

No it isn't, this is a lot less minor. This is not a herniated disc.

:scared: Whaaaaaaaat! you mean it is worse than bertuzzi?

i know you meant that it was not as serious...better now than later

brutus

It hurts the Wings' chances at winning the Central, but for the long haul it could be a blessing in disguise. Nobody is going to be asked to do more in the playoffs than Zetterberg. If he can get healthy, the time off might do him good and freshen him up for the postseason.

I would really love to see how we stack up against them in full force (including Bertuzzi).

I actually dont think this is a bad thing at all...let them play our skeleton crew team and frankly i dont want the presidents trophy or to win the west...it seems like bad luck for us when we do....let someone else go in as the "favorite"

brutus

I actually dont think this is a bad thing at all...let them play our skeleton crew team and frankly i dont want the presidents trophy or to win the west...it seems like bad luck for us when we do....let someone else go in as the "favorite"

brutus

it wasn't bad luck in 2002.

Let's all just try and relax.. ::breathe in....and out::

As long as he's 100% before the playoffs then that's all that matters. GET BETTER HANK!

Yeah, well guess what! It's a herniated disk so there are no guarantees he'll be back without surgury, in which case kiss the playoffs good bye.

This is the type of adversity we had almost none of last season. It sucks, but it's good for the team.

This sucks donkey balls but it could be worse. Hank will get some rest and Fil and Hudler will get more ice time, better preparing them for the playoffs.

An inflamed disk will heal with rest whereas a herniated disk doesn't always. I know...I've had both. And just ask Bert.

Look what our mediocre players did last night....however hopefully this isn't a sign of our past few years. It seems we always have a star player injured for 3 weeks right before playoff time......Datsyuk?