• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Game Misconduct?

Rate this topic

Lebda got a game misconduct for not having his jersey tied down in the fight he got into according to CBS sportsline.com.

Did I miss something? When did they put this rule into place? Another one of Bettmans anti-hockey rules no doubt.

Well I get why now I rarely see the classic jersey over the head move. Oh the memories.

it's been around for awhile now. it's unofficially been called the rob ray rule since he used to take off his jersey to fight so the other guy could't grab on to anything. after they added the rule he used to pull his arm out of the sleeve and out from under the jersey so no one could stop his punches by grabbing his sleeve but then the jersey was stil tied down.

Lebda got a game misconduct for not having his jersey tied down in the fight he got into according to CBS sportsline.com.

Did I miss something? When did they put this rule into place? Another one of Bettmans anti-hockey rules no doubt.

Well I get why now I rarely see the classic jersey over the head move. Oh the memories.

The rule has been around since Cheli. The rule is to prevent some one from getting their jersey pulled over their head and having their opponent punch their face off. Like Domi used to do to people.

it's been around ages..

what i want to know is what is the difference between a game misconduct and a match misconduct.

A Misconduct is a 10-minute penalty (team is not shorthanded) and is usually given for mouthing off or as part of a penalty for checking from behind or something more serious than just a minor penalty. A Game Misconduct means you're out for the rest of that game. A Match Penalty is assessed for something like intent to injure and the player is subject to a league suspension.

thanks...only match penalty this year is to Brashear ...was wondering why

Im gonna assume that was when he punched Aaron Ward on his way to the box after fighting Shanahan. Match penalties are attempts to injure, for example, head butting during a fight has always been the classic match penalty.

it's been around for awhile now. it's unofficially been called the rob ray rule since he used to take off his jersey to fight so the other guy could't grab on to anything. after they added the rule he used to pull his arm out of the sleeve and out from under the jersey so no one could stop his punches by grabbing his sleeve but then the jersey was stil tied down.

Well I guess that shows you how little the Wings get into fights. I have watched well over 90% of the hockey games since the days when we had a goalie named Tim, a fighter named Bob, and a leader named Steve. I must say I never heard of this rule.

I do know its a stupid rule, because fighting FTW and the jersey is the major unique x factor involved in hockey fights. Obviously this is a Bettman rule.

Well I guess that shows you how little the Wings get into fights. I have watched well over 90% of the hockey games since the days when we had a goalie named Tim, a fighter named Bob, and a leader named Steve. I must say I never heard of this rule.

I do know its a stupid rule, because fighting FTW and the jersey is the major unique x factor involved in hockey fights. Obviously this is a Bettman rule.

Why is it a stupid rule? Fighting is fun, but this isn't a UFC cage match. Grabbing jerseys during fights is really what has allowed fights to go on all these years anyway - without the ability to do that, it's boxing on skates and people are going to be seriously hurt.

Why is it a stupid rule? Fighting is fun, but this isn't a UFC cage match. Grabbing jerseys during fights is really what has allowed fights to go on all these years anyway - without the ability to do that, it's boxing on skates and people are going to be seriously hurt.

My rebuttal, sir.

This is what I grew up watching, and it is what a real fight looks like.