• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
daniel1

Chelios rests..."again".

Rate this topic

Chelios to sit for 2nd straight game.

I saw him on the ice for Bertuzzi's first practice, but now the Det News is reporting he'll be out "resting" for the second straight game. One game rests for veterans are quite common, but two? This is a weird time of the year to do it to... a month before playoffs even start. I hope it's not something more serious as we're kinda shorthanded already. If he is out will they call up someone? Quincy maybe? He plays with an edge to his game and has been up before too.

I saw him on the ice for Bertuzzi's first practice, but now the Det News is reporting he'll be out "resting" for the second straight game. One game rests for veterans are quite common, but two? This is a weird time of the year to do it to... a month before playoffs even start. I hope it's not something more serious as we're kinda shorthanded already. If he is out will they call up someone? Quincy maybe? He plays with an edge to his game and has been up before too.

No, it means Lilja will be in the lineup.

I shall be booing from TV at home. :lol:

aww. whats wrong cheli?

why would he sit out for two games i wonder.

I am choosing to think that the Wings are unconcerned with winning the division, and that they are systematically resting players who are tired or have a little tweak, not wishing to overuse them or risk further injury.

That said, when was the last time Cheli or Dom ever voluntarily skipped a game? The answer is never in either case. So, here's hoping the absences are on the advice and insistence of team managers. :unsure:

Not panicking, just a little concerned... will be more so if they don't show up next week.

Thats odd the article says

Coach Mike Babcock is resting Chris Chelios tonight but not because of injury. The team wants to keep Chelios, 45, fresh for the playoffs.

could be an injury but I bet it is because of the way the Hawks were throwing around the body last game...WHy risk Cheli in a game with a team who has nothing to lose....stick a young guy in or a depth player...plus he is old and a little extra rest won't hurt...and if it is an injury, groin or other, a couple games here or there wont matter...they should start doing it for all the regulars pretty soon...screw the presidents trophy...I dont want it anyway.

brutus

wow.....i cant remember the last time, if any, soooo many players were sitting out.

I remember back in like 2004-ish there were like 10 regulars out of the line-up due to injury/rest. And the Wings still managed to go on a winning streak.

Can't think of a better time to rest him than a home game against the Blackhawks, I game we were almost definitely suppose to win. Judging by tonights game we could have afforded to rest half our damn team and still have earned those ever precious 2 points.

Getting him rested up for the playoffs isn't the worst thing that could happen. They obviously realize his age and the chance that something could happen.

Good move in my opinion :clap: