• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Bootland recalled from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

If he wants a decent showing, Scott Nichol is the more favorable matchup for him. But if he wants an impact, (and i dont just mean one to his face lol) he has to step up to Tootoo...

The funny thing is just a couple years ago this wouldve been a pretty even matchup going in...but Tootoo has drastically improved.

I dont know if "stepping up" to Tootoo is the correct phrase. :hehe:

Good for Darrly , but Homers out indefantely , Thats 5 of our top 9 , Ouch

So seriously this is getting a little rediculous. Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Cleary, Hasek, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi. Luckily, most are expect back by mid to late march, but still. I felt like we were pretty much injury free (minus like 2 players) and then in the last 2 weeks everyone has gotten hurt... hopefully someone from Grand Rapids will step up verse nashville. :rolleyes:

I think best case scenario if Booter fights Tootoo, would be Tootoo pulling a May and destroying his shoulder while laying down a haymaker on Bootland.

So seriously this is getting a little rediculous. Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Cleary, Hasek, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi. Luckily, most are expect back by mid to late march, but still. I felt like we were pretty much injury free (minus like 2 players) and then in the last 2 weeks everyone has gotten hurt... hopefully someone from Grand Rapids will step up verse nashville. :rolleyes:

Bootland gets a Gordie howe hat trick ?

Wins his fight , gets the GWG and gets the assist on the open net goal :lol:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

The odds of that happening are about one in a million, I mean seriously what are you thinking? Bootland winning a fight, impossible! :clap:

Or worst case scenario he gets the Mark Major hat trick. Loses his fight, takes a penalty resulting in a goal, and is sent down after the game :lol:

Or worst case scenario he gets the Mark Major hat trick. Loses his fight, takes a penalty resulting in a goal, and is sent down after the game :lol:

Wouldnt that be terrible , I mean , You'd feel like crap if that happened to you

And the lines are messed now

Calder-Datsyuk-Filpula

Hudler-Lang- ??

Malbty-Draper-Booter

Ellis-Hussey-Langfeld

Uh Oh

Doesn't that match up seem a little uneven? You're the expert here, but it seems to me that Jordin would tear Darryl a brand new *******.

Well it's about damn time. Just for the record, Bootland actually fought Tootoo in the Ahl 2 seasons ago and Booter laid the beat down, he hit Tootoo with 5-7 lefts and Tootoo turtled. Bootland tried the rest of the season to finish it but Tootoo wouldn't fight him. This is going to be the most entertaining game of the season with these two going head to head.

Completly Off-Topic, but my brother and I were trying to figure out if anyone has ever had a Triple Gordie in a game?

Triple Gordie = 3 goals, 3 assists, 3 fights, 1 game

Has it ever happened? Is it even possible?

Well it's about damn time. Just for the record, Bootland actually fought Tootoo in the Ahl 2 seasons ago and Booter laid the beat down, he hit Tootoo with 5-7 lefts and Tootoo turtled. Bootland tried the rest of the season to finish it but Tootoo wouldn't fight him. This is going to be the most entertaining game of the season with these two going head to head.

Yeah, that goes to what i said about Tootoo being drastically improved now. It wasnt that long ago that Dandenault of all people didnt fair all that badly against Tootoo. If him and Dandy fought now Tootoo would pulverize him.

Yeah, that goes to what i said about Tootoo being drastically improved now. It wasnt that long ago that Dandenault of all people didnt fair all that badly against Tootoo. If him and Dandy fought now Tootoo would pulverize him.

Yeah i knew what you were saying Lou but i thought the others should know that they have already fought with Bootland getting the Win. I can't wait to see this, i know for a fact that Bootland has improved alot aswell so bring it on TooToo. I will predict that Bootland gets the Win, remember you heard it here first, you fancy a little side bet Lou.

i just hope the guys get healthy and back into form for the playoffs, right when everyone was clicking and the other lines were stepping up to the number 1 line and helping put pucks in the net, the entire team starts to go down with injuries...figures :thumbdown:

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Good to hear. Ive always really liked Booter. He's a gritty guy who can put the puck in the net. I would take Bootland over Ellis or Langfeld any day.

should be an intresting few weeks, I say let as many AHL players play for us in the time being. We can rest before the play offs see of any types of line changes for the playoffs, shows how we play through adversity.

Edited by ben_usmc

Yeah i knew what you were saying Lou but i thought the others should know that they have already fought with Bootland getting the Win. I can't wait to see this, i know for a fact that Bootland has improved alot aswell so bring it on TooToo. I will predict that Bootland gets the Win, remember you heard it here first, you fancy a little side bet Lou.

Hmmmm....i would but i dont wanna root against Bootland! Plus, its not like im completely sold on the fact Tootoo wins, with 2 middleweights like that anythings really possible. I'll remember you called it though! I'd be more shocked if he were to beat Weber than Tootoo.

How about Booter- Hordichuk? ;)

Hmmmm....i would but i dont wanna root against Bootland! Plus, its not like im completely sold on the fact Tootoo wins, with 2 middleweights like that anythings really possible. I'll remember you called it though! I'd be more shocked if he were to beat Weber than Tootoo.

How about Booter- Hordichuk? ;)

Bootland will have Hordi chasing him all over the ice and taking penalties, thats where Bootland is at his best, he is a s*** disturber who backs it up. Don't be surprised if he does go after Hordi, he definately has the heart and the balls, i just hope he has a hard enough head if he does.

Here is an interesting fact for everyone, Bootland and Ellis played on the same line together in Junior, they then went onto play with Toledo where again they played on the same line, next stop was the Griffins where they have also played on the same line. Tomorrow night they will probably play on the same line again in the Nhl. Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

Tootoo gonna get Boot-ood.

Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

Not to be a smartass, but the Sedin Sisters are definitely such a pair :lol: