• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Getting Anxious

Rate this topic

i just want bert to play already. Im excited to see what the team is going to be like with him. You can see that they are already starting to play better knowing that they have him on their side now. I just cant wait till we have everyone back and healthy with bert to protect them. Then i want to see someone try and take a run at dats or zetterberg like they always do and see bert kick their ass. Only a few more weeks.....bliss

Edited by My GF Wishes I Was Hank

i completely agree about wanting to see Bert in the lineup and i know they say a couple more weeks but from all the practice footage ive seen and from Bert's own mouth it sounds like it shouldn't be that long. i know i don't wanna jump the gun but he could really be helpful in trying to secure the top spot in the conference

Then i want to see someone try and take a run at dats or zetterberg like they always do and see bert kick their ass. Only a few more weeks.....bliss

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will never see Bertuzzi involved in another retaliation of any kind that involves a third party. Be thankful if he just gets his regular hitting game back along with his aggressive play in front of the net.

Edited by One of the Few

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will never see Bertuzzi involved in another retaliation of any kind. Be thankful if he just gets his regular hitting game back along with his aggressive play in front of the net.

really, cause from just about EVERYTHING ive read, hes putting the past behind him, and holding nothing back in his game that he is bringing to detroit

really, cause from just about EVERYTHING ive read, hes putting the past behind him, and holding nothing back in his game that he is bringing to detroit

Lets home so, i can't fricken wait to see BERT IN A WINGS JERSEY HE'S ONE OF MY FAV NON RED WINGS

he'll play physical but no matter what he says, you know that the Moore thing is always gonna be in the back of his mind

maybe so, but thats an off ice issue as he said, and if he lets it get to him on the ice and he holds back on standing up for dats and Z he knows his purpose isnt being fulfilled, hes gotta prove hes still got hockey in him.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will never see Bertuzzi involved in another retaliation of any kind that involves a third party. Be thankful if he just gets his regular hitting game back along with his aggressive play in front of the net.

As cautious as he will be i highly doubt he will let people walk all over his team. I think hes here to take care of his teamates and he will do just that.

As cautious as he will be i highly doubt he will let people walk all over his team. I think hes here to take care of his teamates and he will do just that.

He will hit people hard, and put the puck in the net ;)

that fact of the matter is, since that hit, he's been called a washed up player, doing nothing for florida in that trade, and hes got a lot to prove. If i knew my career was on the line and had to prove something, sure id be cautious, but id sure as hell go out there and show them what i am made of

I hope he gets his game back, but he's been damaged by the Moore incident. All his future actions will be weighed against what happened before, both in his own mind, and in the minds of others. I'd just like to see him concerned with his game and leave the enforcing to others. If he can do that, you'll be just as happy with him. The number one thing about Bertuzzi is that he has to be happy to play well. If he's happy in Detroit, then watch out. I know this because I'm a Canucks fan and I was picking up on his skills long before he was any kind of sensation. He was happy and hungry back then and through 2003, but a long time has passed and time will tell if he's able to get his game back. But I think it's safe to say that he's going to leave enforcing for others.

I hope he gets his game back, but he's been damaged by the Moore incident. All his future actions will be weighed against what happened before, both in his own mind, and in the minds of others. I'd just like to see him concerned with his game and leave the enforcing to others. If he can do that, you'll be just as happy with him. The number one thing about Bertuzzi is that he has to be happy to play well. If he's happy in Detroit, then watch out. I know this because I'm a Canucks fan and I was picking up on his skills long before he was any kind of sensation. He was happy and hungry back then and through 2003, but a long time has passed and time will tell if he's able to get his game back. But I think it's safe to say that he's going to leave enforcing for others.

doubtful, enforcing is a main reason we picked him up, enforcing doesnt mean you gotta skate after someone for a revenge hit

doubtful, enforcing is a main reason we picked him up, enforcing doesnt mean you gotta skate after someone for a revenge hit

I dont care if he hits anyone. Bert could just play great and not hit anyone, thats not why we picked him up, we picked him up because hes a big body that will cause other teams to think twice before takinga run at anyone. Then if he has to raise some hell he will, but like you said we didnt bring him to be a revenge hitter

Then you got the wrong guy.

oh ok, i guess kenny h thought to himself, hmmm we need grit, but bert is too scared now to go after a hit for fear of a repeat of the incident with moore, but hell lets get him anyway, riiiiight :thumbdown:

EDIT: I am not saying the only reason we got the dude is for him to skate around and hit, he has MANY more skills than that, but like said, he is a huge presence on the ice, and when it comes down to protecting his teammates, im not gonna believe for once second that hes gonna step back and let the moore incident affect his play. He has something to prove, and i believe hes ready to do it

Edited by Viperar

oh ok, i guess kenny h thought to himself, hmmm we need grit, but bert is too scared now to go after a hit for fear of a repeat of the incident with moore, but hell lets get him anyway, riiiiight :thumbdown:

You are missing the obvious.

Bertuzzi is a skill player with the ability to put the puck in the net on a very regular basis. He's also a physical presence on the ice in the way he hits. If management picked him up just as an enforcer, then your management is dumb as a bag of rocks. There are better enforcers available at way less money.

Edited by One of the Few

I think you're confused about the meaning of enforcer, viperar. Bertuzzi's no fighter (which is what the term brings to mind). Hopefully he can lay out some thunderous body checks, but at no point is Bertuzzi in Detroit to enforce anything.

He gets it. :clap:

Although Bertuzzi can definitely hold his own in a fight, he doesn't fight much at all.

You are missing the obvious.

Bertuzzi is a skill player with the ability to put the puck in the net on a very regular basis. He's also a physical presence on the ice in the way he hits. If management picked him up just as an enforcer, then your management is dumb as a bag of rocks. There are better enforcers available at way less money.

I dont think thats what viper meant, he just eant that bertuzzi isnt affraid to stick up for his team. I think the management knew that they had to get somewhat of an enforcer, but they also wanted someone wil soft hands that could put the puck in the net. Instead of picking up two different people, one gritty player and one scorer, they got a 2 in 1 player with bertuzzi. I think they did the best they could and im plenty happy.

You guys want Bert to be what he was for us prior to the Moore incident; a hard-hitting and high-scoring power forward who had opposing players listening for footsteps. If he brings that to Detroit like he did to Vancouver, you will all be very happy.

You guys want Bert to be what he was for us prior to the Moore incident; a hard-hitting and high-scoring power forward who had opposing players listening for footsteps. If he brings that to Detroit like he did to Vancouver, you will all be very happy.

Exactly! Nailed it. Were you canuck fans upset when he left or good ridence?