• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
barnettkid14

Hasek and Samuelsson due back for Friday March 9th

Rate this topic

Hopefully just the amount of "rest" Dom needs at this time of year! Sammy,... well, dunno bout him. He's definitely skilled, but seemed a bit lacking - even in the physical play this year as compared to last. Do you break up Franzen-Lang-Calder? or was that even a line for a while the other night? Sheesh, hard to remember with all the line juggling.

Hopefully just the amount of "rest" Dom needs at this time of year! Sammy,... well, dunno bout him. He's definitely skilled, but seemed a bit lacking - even in the physical play this year as compared to last. Do you break up Franzen-Lang-Calder? or was that even a line for a while the other night? Sheesh, hard to remember with all the line juggling.

Right now it's good that Sammy is back with two key forwards out (Zetter and Homer).. ah, and Bert as well :). But yea... having Sammy back will be good all around. When the other three top forwards get back though, who do you think we will see getting moved down? IMO I would like to see Flipper and Hudler stay on the team and send down players who are not producing like Maltby. But since Holland is generally loyal to the long time wings, Maltby won't be moved down, it'll be one of the young guns :(.

As for Hasek being back, having one of the top goalies back in the line-up wouldn't hurt :).

Sammy will be on the 4th line if Bert comes back with everyone else. He won't be his old self right away anyways, he'll need to be brought back into it slowly.

Kopecky needs to get sent down to GR for conditioning if he does decide to try to play this year, so it seems it's between Hudler and Malts on who gets scratched.

But, we won't be getting everyone back at once, so there will be time to juggle everyone in. Near the end of the regular season will be when the tough choices will have to be made. By then it'll be more clear who's ready for the playoffs and who isn't.

Hopefully just the amount of "rest" Dom needs at this time of year! Sammy,... well, dunno bout him. He's definitely skilled, but seemed a bit lacking - even in the physical play this year as compared to last.

Physical play? Samuelsson?? :lol: This is the same guy who would rather take wristers from the blue line all game every game than go near the scoring areas where a big mean defenseman might get in his way. He's a giant wimp despite his good size.

didnt sammy get in a fight last year? against dallas I think....

I don't think he actually dropped the gloves (god forbid if you're a Wing!). He and Brenden Morrow were taking runs at each other, but nothing really came of it.

hmmm....i could've sworn they were throwin punches....o well i could be wrong, wishful thinking??

Yeah, pretty much. :P

Still hoping Bootland cracks the century mark when he's up here with a fight! It won't be like him if he doesn't.

i havent seen much of booter... i only get to watch like 53.6% of the wings games..... <_<

i saw him last game but thats all so far this season... how is he doing in GR?

Edited by Statiklullaby87

hmmm....i could've sworn they were throwin punches....o well i could be wrong, wishful thinking??

I dont believe he ever even dropped his gloves...he just hung on and didnt throw any punches. For a guy that tries to act tough in scrums he was made to look a puss that game. He did have it coming, i remember he had high sticked Morrow earlier in the game.

Guest Crymson

Sammy will be on the 4th line if Bert comes back with everyone else. He won't be his old self right away anyways, he'll need to be brought back into it slowly.

Kopecky needs to get sent down to GR for conditioning if he does decide to try to play this year, so it seems it's between Hudler and Malts on who gets scratched.

But, we won't be getting everyone back at once, so there will be time to juggle everyone in. Near the end of the regular season will be when the tough choices will have to be made. By then it'll be more clear who's ready for the playoffs and who isn't.

I anticipate (and hope) that Samuelsson will end up with Maltby and Draper. I think he'd fit in VERY well there.. and he's not so useful on a set-up line, as he doesn't handle well being set up.

Kopecky will not play this year; he has nothing to offer the team at the moment.

I agree that Babs will never scratch Maltby. He's starting to work harder; hopefully he'll start agitating again.

Glad to see our guys getting all healthy.

Z next?

Homer next. Z, Bert and Cleary likely within two weeks. Hopefully Fischer by the end of the season (heh).