• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/13 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

LOL! My goodness, Aflac--you are wonderful. I always look forward to reading your GDTs. I think you'd make a great sportscaster.

Lang's nickname--LOL! Yeah, well, he's willing to get off his ass in order to take penalties. Agh, our PIM leader.. what a sloth.

I am nervous for this one. But I'll still say the wings will win a close one, 4-3.

LOL... Lang is leading the team in penalty minutes. All of which are probably his typical lazy wave of the stick- hooking. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

My tummy hurts :blush:

Prediction: The Wings will start out good. The GDT will have some positive posts. Then after we have about 16 shots on goal, the Preds will score on shot number 3. The Ozzie haters will come out and start flaming him. The GDT will become a goalie war. After 35 minutes of play the Wings will *try* to stage a comeback. There will be mixed emotions in the GDT ranging from "I'm going to hang myself" to "Sammy for Hart!" The game will go to OT and regardless of outcome, people here will fight.

GO WINGS!!!

Guest Crymson

If the Red Wings take three or more points away from this series, they take the division.

I'll drink to that. :thumbup:

Edited by Crymson

I'd say this is a must win for the Wings and they definitely have to get a measure of payback for what happened the last time they were in Music City. I was at the game and I'm still VERY pissed at how it ended.

Guest Crymson

I'd say this is a must win for the Wings and they definitely have to get a measure of payback for what happened the last time they were in Music City. I was at the game and I'm still VERY pissed at how it ended.

There was nobody to blame, I'm afraid. Sometimes things don't go your way.

There was nobody to blame, I'm afraid. Sometimes things don't go your way.

Oh I'm not blaming anyone. You just have to understand where I'm coming from: I flew out to Nashville from CA and watched the Wings blow a lead with 1:04 to play and then lose in OT. I did have a blast out there with my friends though and I plan on making it a yearly trip now that I've done it the past 2 seasons.

Guest Crymson

Not so sure about that. If the Wings take both games in regulation, they are still only one point up with a game in hand. Not a done deal by any means.

If Nashville takes three points, then they will be five points ahead of the Wings. Statistically speaking, the Wings` game in hand, once played, will reduce that lead to three points. This is hardly insurmountable in 10 games. Meanwhile, if the Wings get three points with a game in hand, they'll be a point above Nashville; again, statistically speaking that game in hand will be won, giving Detroit a three point lead when all is done.

As such, I don't see the logic in your argument--why would a three-point lead give Nashville the division title but not do the same for Detroit?

Edited by Crymson

Preds 4 (Arnott, Erat, Dumont, Weber)

Wings 3 (Datsyuk, Holmstrom 2)

The game is in Nashville. I kinda am expecting a home/home split... going home now... out....zzzzz

Oz's confidence is booming after his awesome SO win !

I'm not saying this will be an easy game, but the Wings could win this one too.

The Preds are beatable !!

3-1 Wings !!

GO OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIE !!!!!!!!!!!

If Nashville takes three points, then they will be five points ahead of the Wings. Statistically speaking, the Wings` game in hand, once played, will reduce that lead to three points. This is hardly insurmountable in 10 games. Meanwhile, if the Wings get three points with a game in hand, they'll be a point above Nashville; again, statistically speaking that game in hand will be won, giving Detroit a three point lead when all is done.

As such, I don't see the logic in your argument--why would a three-point lead give Nashville the division title but not do the same for Detroit?

Predators take 3 points, they five points up with one more game played. Wings take 3 points, they go one point up with one game in hand. Who knows what happens in that other game? You can't say the Wings will win as a certain fact. They go into Vancouver and Calgary for the next two, and I don't see them winning both. So, there's the game in hand.

I stick with it.

I am so fired up!!! I'm going to the game tonight and if anyone here is going I will be in section 205 row F with my Hank jersey on and will more than likely have a cold "ginger ale" in my hand, if you are there come say hi. LETS GO REDWINGS!!!!! :clap: LETS GO REDWINGS :clap: nice nickname for Lang aflac!!!