• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Free Agents to target this summer

Rate this topic

Guest Don Corleone

Anybody have some favorites? Bert would be mine.

What has BertuSHE done to warrant him coming back?

Guest Crymson

Briere and Souray would be great replacements.

I doubt that Buffalo will EVER let Briere go. He has become their Stevie.

Souray would open an enormous hole in our defense. He would also ensure that our penalty killers received a raise for all the extra work they'd need to do. Please look at his overall play, not just his point production. The guy is a hitting forward who can only shoot from the point. For all practical purposes, he is not a defenseman.

Edited by Crymson

Given that the Sabres can hang onto only one of Drury/Briere (in all likelihood, anyhow), either one would be an attractive option if Pavel drops the ball and prices himself out of Detroit this spring/summer.

Briere would cost just as much as datsyuk.

Guest Crymson

Ryan Smyth.

I'd also want to see more big defensive defensemen on the Wings.

Why should we sign Smyth when we already have Homer? Homer produces nearly at Smyth's level, plays the same way, and costs half as much. Wouldn't you rather have someone who can score from the slot?

Brad Stuart- WOuld be a good replacement for Schnider. Derek Boogard- we all know what he would be for. Chris Drury, could replace Lang. Gomez, Ryan Smyth, Jason Blake, Scott Hannan, Ritis Ivannas. All in all some of these guys would be good pick ups, a dman, a forward and an enforcer would be ideal for the Wings going forward into next year.

Unless Datsyuk burns it up this year in the playoffs, DRW should let him walk. He's going to command plenty of overpayment from various teams, and if he's not going to perform in the playoffs (can anyone say Marty Turco?) the same way he does in the regular season, his time is up. One more chance, it's getting a little ridiculous. Let him go and use the money to get someone who delivers in the crunch. BTW Buffalo already had their Stevie, his name was Pat LaFontaine.

I would trade Briere for Datsyuk in heartbeat !!

Possibly, but Buffalo wouldn't. Some teams will be willing in the off-season to over pay Dats for sure, but teams that are doing well (like Buffalo) and know that they are heading to the playoffs, aren't going to trade for a playoff no-show. Besides, trade dealine passed, and they are both UFA, so they may leave both those teams without a trade ever being a possibility.

Realistically, I see Buffalo keeping Briere before Drury, and I am not as big a fan of Drury.

P.S. Thank you Crymson for that point on Souray ... waaaay too many ppl on here drooling over him. Pass.

If Datsyuk walked, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

One thing depends on who Buffalo re-signs. I think Drury would be tops if he recovers from his concussion. Briere would be a really good choice too.

There are a ton of others, and I don't know the whole list. I'll look it up later.

Why should we sign Smyth when we already have Homer? Homer produces nearly at Smyth's level, plays the same way, and costs half as much. Wouldn't you rather have someone who can score from the slot?

Exactly!!

I dont think thats a very good reason. Homer's a good player and all...but he's no Ryan Smyth. Their numbers may not be all that much different this season, but what Smyth brings to the table as an emotional leader makes that difference between them much greater. I'm one that believes in order to have a winning team you've gotta have some North American leaders on your team. When i say leaders, i mean being a top player on the team as well...so im not talking about the Draper/Chelios types. Smyth makes a huge impact in that area. Im sure you probably dont agree that they need that, but i think they do...

If the Redwings can't resign Datsyuk let me be the first to say he will sign with the Washington Capitals.

Dont worry, you're not the first to say it.

;)

As for the Smyth thing, I agree with Lou. I think it's necessary to have strong NA players to win the Cup. Smyth is the type of guy this team needs.