• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Game announcers for the Predators

Rate this topic

The problem in St. Louis is John Kelly went there from Altitude. The good news is, they split up the worst team in professional sports history when they took Kelly away from Peter McNab. The bad news is, now there are two teams soiled by complete idiots instead of just one.

Only problem being the Avs got rid of Kelly, went thru Macleod in a few months, and now have Mike Haynes aka the worst announcer in the history of announcers. "Another right by Sakic, Another right by Sakic...how do you like them apples Gilmour?"

Guest Crymson

What have they been saying today?

I don't remember any specifics, but all I've been tempted to mute the TV.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I've seen alot of Preds fans on here saying that Terry Crisp sure knows his hockey. Well, maybe in the limited time they've been watching hockey. Terry Crisp is the frickin' genius who was responsible for trading Brett Hull from Calgary to St. Louis claiming that he'd never make it as an NHL player. Yeah, some hockey knowledge.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I've seen alot of Preds fans on here saying that Terry Crisp sure knows his hockey. Well, maybe in the limited time they've been watching hockey. Terry Crisp is the frickin' genius who was responsible for trading Brett Hull from Calgary to St. Louis claiming that he'd never make it as an NHL player. Yeah, some hockey knowledge.

I must admit that I didn't know that.

After hearing about Crisp being THAT boneheaded, I'm going to doubt any so-called hockey knowledge that he has from now on...

Honestly, I can handle the homerism... after all it is the other team's announcers. What I can't seem to stomach is the large amount of marbles their play by play guy seems to have in his mouth as he's attempting to call the game. Why does "Radulov" sound like "wadruoff"? Datsyuk is Dotsweuk when he trys to say it... half the time I have no idea who he's even talking about. I know it's a southern Nashville accent, but for goodness sakes! If he's going to make a living by talking then someone has to teach him what "enunciate" means. It's an embarrasment to the NHL.

Guest Crymson

Honestly, I can handle the homerism... after all it is the other team's announcers. What I can't seem to stomach is the large amount of marbles their play by play guy seems to have in his mouth as he's attempting to call the game. Why does "Radulov" sound like "wadruoff"? Datsyuk is Dotsweuk when he trys to say it... half the time I have no idea who he's even talking about. I know it's a southern Nashville accent, but for goodness sakes! If he's going to make a living by talking then someone has to teach him what "enunciate" means. It's an embarrasment to the NHL.

The combo of homerism and general lack of knowledge about any team but the Preds is really what gets to me. They're homers and, as far as they see it, no other team but the Preds really exists.

The only thing worse than listening to them being homers or the fact that they are dumb... dumb as hell, is that I have to(and fellow Detroit fans with Direc TV Center Ice) listen to the terrible and horribly made commericals of the Tennessee lottery and Southwest airlines.... BOO @ Nashville and yeah... rabble rabble!!!!

Guest Crymson

The only thing worse than listening to them being homers or the fact that they are dumb... dumb as hell, is that I have to(and fellow Detroit fans with Direc TV Center Ice) listen to the terrible and horribly made commericals of the Tennessee lottery and Southwest airlines.... BOO @ Nashville and yeah... rabble rabble!!!!

Oh, the announcers are morons. With over two minutes left, they hypothesized that Nashville was attempting to gain the zone in order to give Vokoun time to skate to the bench. Show me a coach who pulls his goalie with two minutes left, and I'll show you a coach on crack.

Hello once again. Ok watched the game tonight, on my uncles TV since I dont have cable, I live here in Minnesota so he got the Center Ice package. Never saw Nashville TV or hear the announcers but holy s***, these guys are the biggest dips***s ever. My god that fat ass singing about Moutain Dew and s***, I was like what the f*** are these morons doing. Stop talking about stupid crap and talk hockey. And if that wasnt bad the commercials were even worse, stupid fans pretending to have claws, oh how scary. And every commerical was with Vokun couldnt even understand the guy. Wow all I have to say is Wow. But atleast my beloved wings won. Another big one tomorrow night.

GO WINGS

Oh, the announcers are morons. With over two minutes left, they hypothesized that Nashville was attempting to gain the zone in order to give Vokoun time to skate to the bench. Show me a coach who pulls his goalie with two minutes left, and I'll show you a coach on crack.

ROFL :hehe::lol: coaches on crack!!!! :yowza:

Hello once again. Ok watched the game tonight, on my uncles TV since I dont have cable, I live here in Minnesota so he got the Center Ice package. Never saw Nashville TV or hear the announcers but holy s***, these guys are the biggest dips***s ever. My god that fat ass singing about Moutain Dew and s***, I was like what the f*** are these morons doing. Stop talking about stupid crap and talk hockey. And if that wasnt bad the commercials were even worse, stupid fans pretending to have claws, oh how scary. And every commerical was with Vokun couldnt even understand the guy. Wow all I have to say is Wow. But atleast my beloved wings won. Another big one tomorrow night.

GO WINGS

I thought the Mountain Dew singing was awesome!!!!!!!!!! lol j/k wtf was he even doing? I think they both take a shot, wait no make that shots of vodka before they announce every period of hockey.

He's also won the Cup as a player and a coach. You're right he must have no idea what he's doing.

I tell ya, the one jackass who took a Nashville fans misspelling of a word and asked "Is that a product of Detroit public schools?" ought to be de-nutted. All I could think was "Is the fact that Tennessee has the highest unsolved murder rate due to the lack of dental records, or the fact that DNA evidence matches most of the population?"

I tell ya, the one jackass who took a Nashville fans misspelling of a word and asked "Is that a product of Detroit public schools?" ought to be de-nutted. All I could think was "Is the fact that Tennessee has the highest unsolved murder rate due to the lack of dental records, or the fact that DNA evidence matches most of the population?"

Wow. Did an announcer really say that?? I tend to think most people who have to listen to a "rival" teams announcers are going to think theyre homers, but did an announcer really say something like that?? Thats embarassing. Especially since its coming from Nashville - the academic center of the country, right?

If you're down by two goals and plan on pulling your goaltender, what's the difference between two minutes to go and one minute? Actually, pulling him with two minutes to go makes more sense since if you score with the extra attacker, you might have some time to pull him again and try for the tie. If they fill the empty net with 1:30 left or :30 left in the game, either way it's over.

ive seen some clips from the FSN South guys and they seem pretty dry and boring. Like watching a golf match.

This describes them the best way again.

I wasn't really listening to the announcing that much, I was pre-occupied with other things while watching the game, but if one of them said that, total complete disrespect there. :thumbdown:

<---Stuck with Center Ice / FSN feed

I still like Terry but it is a little less every game I have to sit through. The other guy is BRUTAL.

Yes they are homers, but that's how it's supposed to be. Ken and Mick are textbook homers and I love it. :thumbup:

You honestly think Arnott drove his elbow into Lebda's head?

Anyway, I think Pete and Terry are awesome. They have fun calling games, they're funny guys and they really know their s***. They're homers of course, but every announcer is, Redmond is just as bad as the rest of the league. I've heard him make some ridiculous statements as well. Plus Pete and Terry are very nice guys to meet and talk with, Pete Weber posts on our message boards once in a while, and there aren't many guys in hockey who can tell a better story than Terry Crisp.

"they really know their s***?" didn't that fat piece of meat Weber commentate baseball games? damn baseball to hockey he DOES really know his s*** then huh? he should have kept his lazy fat ass at the baseball field along with the rest of those so called "athletes". as far as crisp yes he was a coach for tampa bay and played for philly if i remember correctly but still if hes been around the game for such a long time he should know what to say and what not to say cause sometimes he just runs his mouth too much.