• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/13 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Yeah, it was game 1 in '97... it was tie 1-1 then Kocur broke the tie with a breakaway from the blueline... i just popped in my "Celebration of Champions" dvd... i had to make sure what and when it really was

anyways, that is what flipper's goal reminded me of... lol

Edited by rwfan007

No - I think it will be Hudler, assuming we ever get a full lineup. As much as people complain about Maltby, he's a good penalty killer, so I think Babs will keep him in just for that.

i'm sure you're right. what a shame. we've got calder now who can pk, though, and we're getting franzen z and cleary, all who can pk pretty well. i feel like maltby's our odd man out. but i'm sure you're right, if for no other reason than maltby's been with us for so long.

Filppula is a player. Really glad he got that breakaway goal. It felt like a reward for a really hard day's work.

The more I see of Filppula, the more excited I get for the future. He should definitely be our full time 2nd line center next year.

i'm sure you're right. what a shame. we've got calder now who can pk, though, and we're getting franzen z and cleary, all who can pk pretty well. i feel like maltby's our odd man out. but i'm sure you're right, if for no other reason than maltby's been with us for so long.

Calder has been great on the PK. Who knew he'd be this good! Here's to hoping Holland signs him to a contract before the playoffs or in the offseason.

Guest Tunbo Batman

oh, but wait until Forsberg comes back and completely destroys us.

oh wait, he's a ******* ***** :P

Calder has been great on the PK. Who knew he'd be this good! Here's to hoping Holland signs him to a contract before the playoffs or in the offseason.

what a great addition.

I cracked up at the look on his face when some ya-hoo threw a dead fish on the ice in front of him. Flip is the man! :thumbup:

i missed it :(

I told you Finwing, and HR40 that the Wings would win i wouldn't let you both down

This was a huge win by the Wings, going into Nash and coming out with a 5-2 win gotta love it.. Well im looking forward to tomorrow's game already should be a great game.. The wings will come out strong again and win 3-1

I owe you Logo! You promised me a win, and you delivered. *impreesed*

do you guys think maltby sits when everbody gets healthy? i just hope huds doesn't. maltby or sammy.

Mike likes the vets, I wager Rex will sit. Which is a shame, he's been outstanding of late.

******* righteous victory. To see Flip grab that turnover and put Vokoun on his ass, a great way to cap the night and remind Nashville who's the big dog.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night. If you're there, look for me. I'll be the angry drunk guy.

Have a great time. Expect some retribution for this evening.

Angry drunk guy? Could you be more specific, please? Will you be in a Preds jersey? :lol:

I'm pretty pissed right now, both meanings apply, but I'm doing this now anyway.

Congrats on the win wings fans.

I said on page 3 that this game scared me because Osgood seems to get up for games against Nashville and unfortunatly I was right. He played out of his mind.

And again the wings stepped up and played "their"game. I thought for sure, the way that first period was going we were going to hand the wings thier asses. But when the Predss got that second powerplay the wings seemed to take a collective breath a say no more. It was pretty much your game from there, even though the refs tried to hand us the game we wouldn't take it.

So as much as it pains me to say it...you were the better team tonight. Congrats.

Just wait til tonights game.

I'm pretty pissed right now, both meanings apply, but I'm doing this now anyway.

Congrats on the win wings fans.

I said on page 3 that this game scared me because Osgood seems to get up for games against Nashville and unfortunatly I was right. He played out of his mind.

And again the wings stepped up and played "their"game. I thought for sure, the way that first period was going we were going to hand the wings thier asses. But when the Predss got that second powerplay the wings seemed to take a collective breath a say no more. It was pretty much your game from there, even though the refs tried to hand us the game we wouldn't take it.

So as much as it pains me to say it...you were the better team tonight. Congrats.

Just wait til tonights game.

Thanks. It's nice to see some class from opposing team fans.

So is this consider a rivalry with you guys? I read some yes and some no.

Also, some of your numbers are classless pricks for cheering the erat injury. Just thought i'd put that out there.

Well i should apologize for the others than.. I never like to see anyone get hurt on the ice or for that matter off the ice

Edited by wingslogo19

Also, some of your numbers are classless pricks for cheering the erat injury. Just thought i'd put that out there.

I think it's a big rivalry, yes.

As for the cheering of Erat being injured, that is obviously classless, and I'll apologize on behalf those who did. Just ignore 'em.

I think it's a big rivalry, yes.

As for the cheering of Erat being injured, that is obviously classless, and I'll apologize on behalf those who did. Just ignore 'em.

I love how competitive the games are, but for me, a rivalry isn't born until each team has lost to each other in the playoffs.

Rivalry vs. no is a pretty heated debate, but the last time out of the 400 threads that were started about that, so far no wins. Good divisional foe, but not really a rival yet. But with the makings of a really good one. We'll have to wait and see.

I heard or read no one cheering the injury. If this is indeed true, I second the emotion. No player, no matter the circumstances or team, deserves to have an injury cheered.