• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

Bootland

Rate this topic

Bootland got smoked? could have sworn I saw Tootoo start throwing punches behind the protection of his visor, for all of about 5 seconds before the "fight" was over.

If all it takes is five seconds (which is liberal having seen the replays over and over again of last night's "bout") is all it takes to have Bootland on HIS ASS, then yes - he got smoked.

If you're a fighter, step one shouldn't be telling yourself "Okay, get off the ice and try again."

Two games Two fight NO punchs landed. He can't skate can't fight doesn't score remind me again why he was brought up?

Injuries. Where have you been?

If all it takes is five seconds (which is liberal having seen the replays over and over again of last night's "bout") is all it takes to have Bootland on HIS ASS, then yes - he got smoked.

If you're a fighter, step one shouldn't be telling yourself "Okay, get off the ice and try again."

He didn't even throw any punches, obviously trying to draw the penalty. He's thinking team first, which is what we want. He wasn't retaliating for anything or sticking up for anyone, just trying to get the Wings on the PP.

See, even though he has done nothing to hurt the Wings since he's been up, people still bag on him like it's some personal score they have to settle. Just don't get it.

esteef

Why are you idiots criticizing Tootoo for wearing a visor?.. this isnt the 80's anymore.. he's the same type player as Maltby (who also wears a visor) but better and what he does and can scrap.. i'm sorry to tell all of you homers, but Tootoo would drop Bootland in a second...

Why are you idiots criticizing Tootoo for wearing a visor?.. this isnt the 80's anymore.. he's the same type player as Maltby (who also wears a visor) but better and what he does and can scrap.. i'm sorry to tell all of you homers, but Tootoo would drop Bootland in a second...

I'm not criticizing anyone for wearing a visor. I actually think it's stupid not to. I just thought the rule was if you instigate a fight (which tootoo did) with a visor on, you got tossed. And really just going by last night, I'd say Maltby was more effective than tootoo was, no? tootoo is hardly Probert, give me a break.

Yep, Bootland got the beatdown so hard last night by Tootoo that hockeyfights.com doesn't even list it as a fight.

Why? Because Bootland wasn't trying to fight and was just drawing a penalty.

Obvious to the rest of the world, why do members of this board struggle with it?

esteef

Injuries. Where have you been?

He didn't even throw any punches, obviously trying to draw the penalty. He's thinking team first, which is what we want. He wasn't retaliating for anything or sticking up for anyone, just trying to get the Wings on the PP.

That's how I saw it as well.

I never criticized him for wearing a visor...I did criticize him for starting a fight while wearing a visor. Don't really see how you justify it.

Obvious to the rest of the world, why do members of this board struggle with it?

Because his purpose is to provide a physical aspect to the Red Wings, and drop the gloves when need be. Not puusy foot around drawing penalties - there are 18 other Red Wings willing/able to do that. If you want another Dan Cleary, say so - don't light buildings on fire for GRIT, TOUGHNESS, and FIGHTERS and then hide behind him "drawing a penalty" for pulling a Norton and getting his ass handed to him in mere nanoseconds.

Because his purpose is to provide a physical aspect to the Red Wings, and drop the gloves when need be. Not puusy foot around drawing penalties - there are 18 other Red Wings willing/able to do that. If you want another Dan Cleary, say so - don't light buildings on fire for GRIT, TOUGHNESS, and FIGHTERS and then hide behind him "drawing a penalty" for pulling a Norton and getting his ass handed to him in mere nanoseconds.

When last night was there a "need" to drop the gloves?

I didn't see one.

esteef

Perhaps when little Inuit fists were flying at his face.

A need for the team? No. A need for his pretty little nose and reputation? Probably.

I didn't see one.

esteef

Better yet, when is there a "need" in the playoffs? The difference is, Bootland will be in the press box, where tootoo will be taking up a roster spot on the bench, along with Hordi.

Perhaps when little Inuit fists were flying at his face.

A need for the team? No. A need for his pretty little nose and reputation? Probably.

Reputation means squat to the team. "Team" game remember? The Wings got the power play, the goal and the win. Booter running around trying to start fights all the time will just get him penalties and a trip back down to the minors for a smarter player. He's picking his spots. He fought in the Boston game and it didn't hurt us. Nobody thought he was gonna come up from the minors and start Proberting everybody.

esteef

Booter was trying to draw a penalty and it worked. Maybe he wasn't expecting to get wacked but what he did was very effective. So he didn't throw a punch. We won the game, that is the most important part. Bootland actually has the ability to play the game, not just go out there and have his arse handed to him like Norton. It doesn't matter what size player fights what size player as long as somebody fights. Who is the true useless player taking up space on the bench? Maltby!

I still don't see how certain people here are bashing Booters for doing exactly what he was brought up for. He wanted to draw a penalty, and did just that. Booters handed Tootoo his ass a couple times in the minors from what I heard before, and if Booters wanted to fight him, he would have. He fought Reich and it did no harm, so I don't see why some insist on bashing him for drawing a penalty last night. He got under Tootoo's skin, brings a bit of physical play, and is doing exactly what Babcock wants him to.

It's working out just fine so far. Give the guy a break already.