• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Zetterberg update

Rate this topic

At least there is some good news, which may have already been mentioned......ken and mickey said bertuzzi was gonna practice in GR starting tomorrow. If everything goes according to plan he could make his much anticipated debut next thursday.

love that contagious LGW optimism

this team just beat nashville two nights in a row. without hank. or bert. or dom in one.

this site will ALWAYS be pessimistic, sadly. we just beat slashville 9-4 over two nights. despite them trying to chop friggin wood out on the ice.

it's time to be proud of them for the moment.

:clap:

hmmm...this worries me, but unlike others, i know the red wings arent a one man team, and yes zetterberg would help, but without him, all isnt lost, loosen up people

Guest Crymson

This is nothing more than an idle note. If it were serious, we'd see an article about it.

Yeah I've been in and out of consciousness ever since I read that.

LOL. Vasovagal reaction! 80mg of Propranolol, stat!

love that contagious LGW optimism

this team just beat nashville two nights in a row. without hank. or bert. or dom in one.

this site will ALWAYS be pessimistic, sadly. we just beat slashville 9-4 over two nights. despite them trying to chop friggin wood out on the ice.

it's time to be proud of them for the moment.

You ain't kiddin`.

The key question is, can the Wings show that they can CONSISTENTLY win w/o him in the lineup?

So far, I'd say yes, but that will remain to be seen when the games matter more soon.

The two things that the Wings will have going for them concerning this is...

(1) Soon, the Wings will have some pretty solid depth. Assuming everybody is healthy, it'd be my guess that Rex or Flipper would be scratched. However, I take some pretty good comfort to know that they can probably be counted on, given how well they've been playing lately.

(2) IMO, nobody really knows how severe/un-severe the back injury is. It might not be bad as we think. I wouldn't say the Wings are sitting Zetterberg out for "precautionary reasons" this long, but maybe he'll be fine by the end of March.

I'm not saying the Wings should try to play w/o Zetterberg, I hope that's not the case. Just trying to be half-glass-full man, at least for right now. Hopefully they can carry over in mid-April.

It is nowhere near time to be sounding off alarm sirens yet.

Well, we didn't win with him IN the linup last year, and he was excellent.

This will force others to step up. I do not relish playing without him, but I think if forced we still have a solid team

Hopefully things will go better than planned, however, and luck will prevail on our side!

The problem is...even if we do get him back...how long till he's his old Zetterberg self? Will having an injury be more of a liability out there than a help? So definitely we want him 100% and I doubt we will have that by the playoffs, and even then it'll take awhile for him to find his groove again.

Edited by Offsides

He'll be back eventually, geez people, lighten up. They're just taking precautions. It's just end of season, we're not going to rush him back to tack president's trophy. We want Lord Stanley!

Perhaps some comfort can be taken upon reading this...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../703150329/1128

The Wings will leave Zetterberg and Bertuzzi behind when they fly to Vancouver on Friday. Bertuzzi left Detroit on Wednesday to join the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Grand Rapids. He'll practice with the Griffins beginning today but won't play in any games.

Zetterberg, meanwhile, plans to begin rehabilitation Monday on his injured back -- the team is calling it an inflamed disc -- and remains hopeful he can return to the lineup in two-to-three weeks.

"The last few days it's feeling better and better," Zetterberg said. "I'm just going to see how it reacts to the rehab and go from there. I'm moving a lot better now. The everyday stuff, I'm having no problems with."

Defenseman Danny Markov (upper body) is expected to return the lineup Saturday against Vancouver or Tuesday at Calgary.

Those are Zetterberg's words there. So, if he can give a somewhat optimistic and upbeat response, that makes me a bit more comfortable with the situation.

At least there is some good news, which may have already been mentioned......ken and mickey said bertuzzi was gonna practice in GR starting tomorrow. If everything goes according to plan he could make his much anticipated debut next thursday.

Does that mean he will play in Grand Rapids this weekend? Man, that would be sweet since I have tickets to Saturday's game. :)

Does that mean he will play in Grand Rapids this weekend? Man, that would be sweet since I have tickets to Saturday's game. :)

The new CBA won't allow GR to play him in any games so your out of luck. Sorry.

No Z is no good.

But this team can still have a very long playoff run without him. I would much rather have him in the line up but looking at how this team is playing right now makes me feel like the team is really getting ready for the playoffs and is starting to peak.

They will be fine.

Let him take the time off. Playoffs are the real importance here.

Besides, with the final 4 games left against Columbus and Chicago, it's probably better he doesn't play in those games. I can him being suseptable to some Marty Lapointe and Jody Shelley cheapshots, which certainly wouldn't bode well for his recovery.