• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

hottest line for the wings

Rate this topic

Bertuzzi is a better overall player than Homer, but that doesn't mean he would be more effective on that line.

You simply don't break up the #1 scoring line in the NHL no matter who is on it.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this.

Yes, you do. And it's irrelevant probably because the line is alreadey broken up. But even when it's not, why not try new line combos to see what works. If the new combos don't work put it back. What's the harm.

Relying on one line and refusing to ever change will just put us in a world of hurt when the line stops clicking or someone is injured.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this.

Yes, you do. And it's irrelevant probably because the line is alreadey broken up. But even when it's not, why not try new line combos to see what works. If the new combos don't work put it back. What's the harm.

Relying on one line and refusing to ever change will just put us in a world of hurt when the line stops clicking or someone is injured.

I'm not saying don't try it now if Zetts is hurt when Bert comes back.

But to do it just to try it out would be dumb...the harm is this: Losing games.

I'm not saying don't try it now if Zetts is hurt when Bert comes back.

But to do it just to try it out would be dumb...the harm is this: Losing games.

It's still silly to not try. Especially BEFORE the playoffs if possible.

If Babs can make more effective lines he should try to do so. He will know better than us because he watches the guys in practice so he will know better who will work well together.

I can say I think Bert would be good on a line with Datsyuk, but then maybe he wouldn't be. It's just speculation on my part. I think Bert will ultimately be with Z and Pavs or with Calder and Lang. Either way, we are breaking up a huge scoring line.

Hudler has gotten regular playing time starting with the Chicago game Feb 27th.

Since then, he has posted the following stats:

8GP, 7g-3a-10pt, +9, 4 PIM, 19 shots, 36.8 sh%, 16:33 TOI/G.

He has been named first star in each of the past two games, which had 'playoff-like intensity and competetiveness' and in which he posted these numbers:

2GP, 3g-1a-4pt, +5, 4 PIM, 5 shots, 60.0 sh%, 18:00 TOI/G.

Someone tell me he should get anything other than solid minutes during the playoffs.

I'd like to live with these:

Scoring:

Dats - Zeta - Homer

Calder - Lang - Hudler/Sammy

Cleary - Flip - Tuzzi

Checkin:

Franz - Drapes - Malts

Edited by Henkka

For about the tenth time in a week I say this: MALTBY IS NOT GOING TO BE A HEALTHY SCRATCH! Just because we can come on here and play coach doesn't mean it's going to happen. For one, he's been on the team forever. Secondly, he still does his job just fine. Just because he doesn't light the lamp every shift he's out there doesn't make him worthless garbage. And it's better to have a grinding type player on a checking line then someone who doesn't play that way. Would having Samulesson on a checking line really benefit over Maltby? No, because Samulesson is not that type of player. That would be extremly weak checking line if Samulesson was sent out there to do Maltby's job.

Samulesson, as I look at it, is the more likely scratch. I'm not coming on here to start the "samulson suks trad himz 4 a bag off puks lolz!!!!!!!!!11" trend that's been going around lately, but with the way the Hudler and Filppula have been playing it seems unlikely for him to stay in. Then again, he might scratch Hudler or Filppula based solely on the fact that their still rookies. The mind of the Babcock is a very complex organism, and you never know what he might do.