• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tunbo Batman

Why are the refs so against us?

Rate this topic

Guest Tunbo Batman

so, i got over a thousand posts here and barely ever complain about the refs. but those last 2 games made me wonder : why do the refs favor the lesser team so much? isnt that a thing of the past? i can understand they were trying to get the home team back in the game yeasterday, but tonight?

also, please explain why they were trying so hard to hand Edmonton the cup last year during the finals. what advantage does the league get out of that? Im confused.

The refereeing was downright brutal in the first game... but tonight it didn't seem so bad. Detroit caught a HUGE break with Kariya not getting a penalty shot. He's an absolute killer all alone.

EDIT: Granted, of course, it's absolutely absurd that Nashville got nailed with a big three penalties (that resulted in power plays) in both games.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I just want to know why there was no slashing penalty on Dumont. Chelly's finger was bleeding and it was a nasty two hander, that should of been four minutes in my book.

edit:

btw, in the replay the ref was STANDING RIGHT F'ING THERE.

Edited by Louisville

For the two games combined, the Preds had 13 power plays to Detroit's 4. I really didn't think the penalties they called on the Wings were that bad in these games. But Nashville was doing a lot of stuff that wasn't getting called. Hey, Dan Marouelli was part of both crews. Draw your own conclusions. Overall, I haven't noticed anything like this before these two games, though, so I'm not all that concerned.

Guest Don Corleone

The Wings have been getting calls their way since '96. Darling of the league right up there with the Devils, Avs and Rangers. Hell, I remember not alll that long ago that Gary Thorne and Bill Clement getting orgasic about the Wings. It's about time it started going the other way.

The Wings have been getting calls their way since '96. Darling of the league right up there with the Devils, Avs and Rangers. Hell, I remember not alll that long ago that Gary Thorne and Bill Clement getting orgasic about the Wings. It's about time it started going the other way.

Yeah, sure pal. :rolleyes:

I remember a few games ago when three Red Wings caught a high stick and not one of them was called.

I'm of the opinion that refs don't consciously favor one team or another and make equally bad calls between the teams. Sometimes it favors us but it seems most of the time it favors the other team... I chalk the difference up to me being a little more obsessive about the Wings :D

Oh yeah, has anyone else noticed that Rooney is the worst ref ever?

what about vs. boston

Boston holding the stick - 2 min 6:23, M. Sturm

Detroit hooking - 2 min 6:23, R. Lang

Boston hooking - 2 min 10:49, A. Ward

Detroit diving - 2 min 10:49, T. Holmstrom

Boston roughing - 2 min 16:34, T. Thomas served by B. Bochenski

Detroit slashing - 2 min 16:34, K. Calder

The wings should have had 3 powerplays on those occasions, and that diving penalty may have cost them the game, even though they looked pathetic, but it was 2-2 at that point and instead of a powerplay, boston scores on a 4 on 4 and it all went down hill from there.

Note: a lot of this perception could have a lot to do with our bias.

Okay, seriously TROLL, just go away will ya?

You just notice how bad they are when the calls go against. Seriously, NHL officiating is by far the worse of any major pro sport. Not only are calls inconsistent between games, they are inconsistent within the same game. The rule changes have only made it worse, since now as the playoffs approach, some of them sometimes are starting to swallow the whistle again. That's OK, if it they are consistent, but the current inconsistency really hurts the NHL.

Reverse homerism adds spice to the board. :)

Also, as Mick pointed out, that first call against Arnott was bogus.

You don't want calls like that being made if it's your team or not.

Yeah, but there was a concrete interference penalty on Kronwall about 5 seconds prior to that that went uncalled. Thats why they called the cheapie on Arnott.

I have absolutely no problem with the calls on the Wings, and Kariya couldve had a penalty shot, but:

1) The too many men on the ice when the ref was 5 feet from the Preds bench

2) The two hander on Chelios

3) The no-call hook on Lang which was a carbon copy of the hook Lang got called for.

4) The goalie interference. This one doesnt piss me off as much because it wasnt that much of a goaltender interference call. The thing that pisses me off more is that the Wings gets called for this s*** ALL THE TIME, yet its let go against us.

Why are the refs against us?

Who knows?

Maybe Lilja slept with all their sisters :ph34r:

:o:lol: I know we rag on Lilja a lot, A LOT...but in his defense, he's not ugly.

*If you ever bring this up again anywhere else I will deny I ever said it and call you a liar.

Yeah some of the calls were bad against the preds and wings but it seemed like it was all in favor of Nashville in this series. They got away with alot of Slashing, Interferance and Roughing calls.

:o:lol: I know we rag on Lilja a lot, A LOT...but in his defense, he's not ugly.

*If you ever bring this up again anywhere else I will deny I ever said it and call you a liar.

I think someone has a crush on Lilja.

:D

*shot*

I think someone has a crush on Lilja.

:D

*shot*

:lol: Puh-lease! I'm the one leading the campaign to use him to harvest organs! Kidding! I don't know...maybe b/c he's Swedish? I'd say about 90% of Swedish guys are hot.

But to actually contribute to this topic, I really try not to complain about the refs b/c I do remember in the past ten years or so the Wings were the league's darlings...which I had absolutely NO problem with. The point is, I remember the Wings getting away with stuff. I guess what goes around comes around. That being said, I feel like the past two games were officiated poorly. I don't mind being called for a penalty, as long as the other team gets called the same way.

reguardless. We still beat them twice. We beat them worse than we did at home. Let the refs make crap calls, but as I see it, we still put Nashville in their place... Sometimes the great teams have to take on the other team and the refs, but it's when they win that makes them even more great

Edited by Mudvayneowns91