No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Stars president 'sick' of Predators' overall attitude

Rate this topic

Agreed.

Boo f'n hoo, Dallas.

Valid point alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I understand it's a competitive situation, but we're also working together to sell the game," Lites told the paper. "They get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

I agree with Lites on this one.

There should have been some announcement from the P.A.

Whether or not they want to is up to them, theres no requirement. But to come out and whine about it is rather crybaby-ish. Making a big to do about Modano being a reason theres hockey in Nashville? Please..

There should have been some announcement from the P.A.

Yes.

It is very unclassy to not even announce it. They need to appreciate a true American hero for the game.

The Predators sure aren't making any friends on their quest to be the best of the best.

Whether or not they want to is up to them, theres no requirement. But to come out and whine about it is rather crybaby-ish. Making a big to do about Modano being a reason theres hockey in Nashville? Please..

They should have announced it. It is the fans decision whether or not to applaud, but the Preds are part of the NHL, Modano is part of the NHL, and an announcement was warranted.

When, and if, Barry Bonds breaks the HR record, there will be an announcement, even though there is a HUGE amount of controversy. But he is a player in the MLB and the league will celebrate the accomplishment, so says Selig. The NHL should be no different, records broken should be announced, but since he IS American, the NHL will probably not acknowledge it, even if they should.

I don't know how much I agree on the fact that Nashville "takes and takes," but I think the quote below is quite valid.

"It's because of people like Mike Modano that they even have a team in Nashville. He has helped pioneer the game in the South, and for him to be treated like that in a milestone moment...it's just a horrible thing."

I understand if you don't acknowledge Modano because your not a fan of him or just don't care.

But to boo him? To chant things at him? All this against a player who represents your own country, and has set a standard for future American hockey players to look up to. What kind of hockey fan does that?

I don't know guys, that just really bothers me.

Preds overall are a class less team and organization. Probably better they didn't make an announcement, they just would've came up with some ultra-clever "you suck" type chant about it. I'm pretty sick of hearing or reading about them to tell the truth.

The Predators sure aren't making any friends on their quest to be the best of the best.

Do they really need to? Plenty of teams fans hate the wings. I wouldn't have done it differently if I was a higher-up in Nashville. Why be kind to the visiting team? The away team doesn't need to be cheered (and believe it or not, Modano was on the away team). Especially with the crap that he supposedly said about the city of Nashville during the lockout. You insult my city, or my team, and I'm not going to give 2 $%#%'s about you, and certainly not cheer for you doing good.

They should have announced it. It is the fans decision whether or not to applaud, but the Preds are part of the NHL, Modano is part of the NHL, and an announcement was warranted.

When, and if, Barry Bonds breaks the HR record, there will be an announcement, even though there is a HUGE amount of controversy. But he is a player in the MLB and the league will celebrate the accomplishment, so says Selig. The NHL should be no different, records broken should be announced, but since he IS American, the NHL will probably not acknowledge it, even if they should.

I think breaking the esteemed HR record is a little different than what Modano accomplished! Its nice, but honestly, i dont think its that big a deal. Certainly not enough of one to put a big fuss publicly about it. if they had announced it and the fans booed, then you guys would be whining about the classless fans.

Also if what Coyote above me said about Modano insulting Nashville is true...f*** that! No way would i acknowledge him.

I think breaking the esteemed HR record is a little different than what Modano accomplished! Its nice, but honestly, i dont think its that big a deal. Certainly not enough of one to put a big fuss publicly about it. if they had announced it and the fans booed, then you guys would be whining about the classless fans.

Also if what Coyote above me said about Modano insulting Nashville is true...f*** that! No way would i acknowledge him.

Modano just became the greatest American Born goalscorer in the history of the NHL and you don't see what the fuss is about?

While I think its a little crybabyish for the Lites to come out and say that crap, it is hard for me to like Nashville knowing they're the biggest welfare recipient in the league AND they voted against changing this horrible schedule.

And there should have at least been an announcement about Modano's goal.

You're comparing two different things. If/when Bonds breaks the HR record, it would be like someone breaking Gretzky's scoring record. And unless he breaks the record in San Fran, the fans sure aren't going to cheer him.

Modano's record would be like a Canadian player setting the record for most homeruns by a Canadian.

The league should make some sort of announcement, but to get bent out of shape over this is a little much. But, there's no such thing as an underreaction around here.

Everybody just needs to grow up. All the back-biting in the league is really starting to piss me off. I hate Modano and I'm not exactly a big fan of the Preds, but this call-out, while warranted, could certainly have been phrased so he didn't look like a petulant 2 year old. If Nashville wants people to accept hockey there overall, they need to learn to be a part of the league. This was big and warranted acknowledgement.

Modano just became the greatest American Born goalscorer in the history of the NHL and you don't see what the fuss is about?

Not really.

Modano's record would be like a Canadian player setting the record for most homeruns by a Canadian.

I was gonna make the same example. Or something like most strikeouts by a Dominican.

You're comparing two different things. If/when Bonds breaks the HR record, it would be like someone breaking Gretzky's scoring record. And unless he breaks the record in San Fran, the fans sure aren't going to cheer him.

The league should make some sort of announcement, but to get bent out of shape over this is a little much. But, there's no such thing as an underreaction around here.

For a league wanting to grow the American Market, this would be a good time to showcase that. Whether you hate or love Modano, it should've been acknowledged.

Anyway, here's hoping for this come April 8th:

1. Anaheim

2. Detroit

3. Vancouver

4.Nashville

5. Dallas

6. San Jose

7. Minnesota

8. Calgary

Here's hoping that Detroit sits on top and the Avalanche makes Calgary's efforts at building a playoff team pointless.

Although facing a team that HAS to win every game may not be worth the nostalgia at this point.

Edited by Earthhuman

For a league wanting to grow the American Market, this would be a good time to showcase that. Whether you hate or love Modano, it should've been acknowledged.

That is it. Plain and simple. There is no need for further discussion.

This thread can be closed now.