• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

ESPN Agrees to Contract With...

Rate this topic

your weird...therefore your the target audience! :lol:

Hey i cant even argue that! Once youve found yourself sitting down and watching 2 hours of sumo wrestling on the tube theres really noting you can say.

Yeah, the other day when there was NO hockey on around my place I found myself watching an eating compitition for about two hours it was bad

Oh, that mustve been the St Patricks Day Chowdown on Spike that i mentioned in my first post! It was only an hour though, so if its not the same one im kinda disappointed i missed it. Pat Bertilleti is the future of American competive eating, it was a priviledge to watch the man eat 97 jalepeno(sp?) peppers. Joey Chestnutt needs to work on his all around game a little more, i have a feeling he's too focused on hotdogs right now. (see...its not that bad is it? :lol: )

Oh, that mustve been the St Patricks Day Chowdown on Spike that i mentioned in my first post! It was only an hour though, so if its not the same one im kinda disappointed i missed it. Pat Bertilleti is the future of American competive eating, it was a priviledge to watch the man eat 97 jalepeno(sp?) peppers. Joey Chestnutt needs to work on his all around game a little more, i have a feeling he's too focused on hotdogs right now. (see...its not that bad is it? :lol: )

yep thats the one, time just flys when your watching people shove hotdogs in there mouths! :rolleyes:

Furthermore, ESPN is forced to air extensive coverage of NASCAR events, even having the daily NASCAR show. Again, how can there be that much to talk about in a sport that races once a week?!

Thoughts? Opinions?

There is only 1 NFL game per team per week yet the NFL has their own network and countless other shows on other sports channels.

ESPN blows IMO.

Chris Berman is a blowhard. Stuart Scott is annoying. Etc.

All the best people leave or are fired. Really it peaked years ago. It's on the decline.

I saw a talking head last week who was just plain awful. She was stumbling over her words, mispronouncing names, etc.

She was worse than W!

ESPN is horrible. With the lack of coverage they give hockey, I can't believe Barry and Bucci still have jobs. My god, they'd probably rather talk about a Knicks-Hornets game then the Stanley Cup Finals. It almost gets to the point of being rediculous of how much they ignore the NHL.

I'm not asking for it to be talked about as much as the NFL, but please. They could try and show the highlights a little more than they do. I mean, there have 2-1 games this year in the NHL and Sportscenter won't even show all the goals. Yet in an NBA basketball they show every meaningless play imaginable. It's really stupid.

ESPN is horrible. With the lack of coverage they give hockey, I can't believe Barry and Bucci still have jobs. My god, they'd probably rather talk about a Knicks-Hornets game then the Stanley Cup Finals. It almost gets to the point of being rediculous of how much they ignore the NHL.

I'm not asking for it to be talked about as much as the NFL, but please. They could try and show the highlights a little more than they do. I mean, there have 2-1 games this year in the NHL and Sportscenter won't even show all the goals. Yet in an NBA basketball they show every meaningless play imaginable. It's really stupid.

i know! they had like a week long all-star game preview for the NBA and showed 15 seconds of highlights of the NHL all-star game the day after. They had a 2 week long preview for the Super Bowl, and whaddya think the SC Finals will get? 15 seconds of highlights the day after. I just dont understand the beef that the majority of America has against hockey?

When I can I much prefer to watch the FSN highlight show. All highlights of all games; no stupid, inane catchphrases.

Yep, I like Final Score too. At least they mention the NHL, and the analyst aren't a bunch of mindless droans like some of the ones on Sportscenter.

i know! they had like a week long all-star game preview for the NBA and showed 15 seconds of highlights of the NHL all-star game the day after. They had a 2 week long preview for the Super Bowl, and whaddya think the SC Finals will get? 15 seconds of highlights the day after. I just dont understand the beef that the majority of America has against hockey?

It's funny too, considering what a debacle the NBA all-star game was in Vegas this year.

But did that stop them? No. They still found more ways than one to talk about it. It gets really pathetic sometimes.

Edited by Kp-Wings

ESPN is horrible now.

theyve been getting bad for years now,

but at least when the NHL was on it was something to look forward to.

and whoever posted earlier is right, sportscenter is crap too.

they basically cover two things:

football and basketball.

i get so geeked if i see barry melrose on their talking hockey,

but its a rare occurance.

I dont see why people turn into sportscenter anymore. I watch ESPNEWS. That show at least does nothing but show highlights....what sportscenter used to be.

Majority of americans would rather watch/care about football, baseball, basketball, golf, tennis, auto racing, poker and rock paper scissors then to watch hockey.,

I've long since (7 years) stopped watching ESPN on a regular basis due to many factors. I've ranted about ESPN multiple times so I won't re-hash all that but this is typical re: RPS championships. Did we expect anything else when they already show hot dog eating and poker and strongest man from 1985?

Regarding the NASCAR show ESPN now has the rights to the second half of the season (the rights NBC/TBS) or was it TNT? had the last few seasons. They also are showing all Busch races this year so that's why your seeing the NASCAR stuff which just goes to prove they'll do whatever they can to make the most money right know.

Regarding Sportscenter showing only 3-5 mins of hockey per hour show, well, when has this ever been different? I always recall ESPN showing the short, readers digest, versions of maybe 2 hockey games and then swithching to several other sports and then back to hockey for 1-2 more games etc. That was always my complaint about SC, it was readers digest info and hockey was never given the proper attention. They do that so you'll keep watching the whole SC for an hour but I personally didn't want to sit through 6 Basketball games to see the results of Dallasv.Phoenix but that's just me.

I remember when the world juniors where in Vancouver 2 years ago and we had limited coverage of Team USA on ESPN. They even said they be with Team USA till they are out of the tournement. We lost (I believe the semi-finals) and the final was Canada v. Russia but they wouldn't show it b/c Team USA wasn't in it. Thanks, didn't really want to see Can vs. Rus final anyway (sarcasam) ESPN for me has long since been a joke.