• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MargaritavilleRedWinger

Robert Lang's sweet goal

Rate this topic

How did you like Lang's sweet goal? :siren: It was a nice redirection....into his own net.Lazy Lang is stepping up and filling Jason Williams' spot as my whipping boy,just like Williams replaced Dandenault.I wonder who will replace Lang when he goes on his merry little way this summer?

Edited by MargaritavilleRedWinger

How did you like Lang's sweet goal? :siren: It was a nice redirection....into his own net.Lazy Lang is stepping up and filling Jason Williams' spot as my whipping boy,just like Williams replaced Dandenault.I wonder who will replace Lang when he goes on his merry little way this summer?

:caution:

Deflections happen son, I'm sure he did it on purpose just to piss you off.

Deflections happen son, I'm sure he did it on purpose just to piss you off.
Surely a poster of your intelligence could explain why Lang would put his stick out on a point shot Ozzie would have gotten. Why not just let your goalie stop it?

Surely a poster of your intelligence could explain why Lang would put his stick out on a point shot Ozzie would have gotten. Why not just let your goalie stop it?

Maybe to piss you off as well?

It's not like Lang intentionally did it to purposefully let a goal in. If the shot went wide off his stick you all wouldn't be throwing a hissy fit and this would be a non-issue.

Seriously, let it go, s**t happens.

I've played hockey my whole life. I spent majority of my years playing AAA and Juniors and thats one of the main things coaches and goalies always got on players about, is deflecting shots in your own zone when the goalie has a clear lane. You dont do it. You dont wipe your ass with sand paper, you dont try to deflect shots in your zone. When in doubt lift your stick

Edited by GongShow86

I've played hockey my whole life. I spent majority of my years playing AAA and Juniors and thats one of the main things coaches and goalies always got on players about, is deflecting shots in your own zone when the goalie has a clear lane. You dont do it. You dont wipe your ass with sand paper, you dont try to deflect shots in your zone. When in doubt lift your stick

That's actually true, you always try to get out of the way of the puck, or block it. Lang did neither.

But like SWF said it really isn't that big of a deal.

Langs goal was sweet, that is if it was in the other end. <_< I like Lang's style of play, just not his laziness. He expects the puck to somehow travel across the ice to him so he doesn't have to skate to it or that most of his penalties are hooks and holds. I would have to agree with Wings_Toledo. I would have rather seen Lang or Hudler take Samuelson's shot.

The replay of that goal made it look pretty bad on Lang's part. However, I would have liked to see him or Hudler take Samuelsson's shot in the shootout.

If Bob would have taken it, nothing would have changed. He does the exact same thing as Sammy does ever single time he goes on the SO. The entire order of the shootout after Bert was F'd up. Shoud have been Dats, Bert, Rex, Homer, Flip, Mule or Clears

Yawn, it's quite humorous when the entire team is playing like dog-doo to single out someone. I suppose it's natural, but also infantile.

:unsure: Where've you been, that's what it's all about around here. Stupid? yes, surprising? no.

The problem is the "entire team" didnt play poorly...Datsyuk, Franzen, Cleary and Calder played well. But if that's how some choose to side step the fact Lang has been brutal for most of the season, so be it. Amazing how Bertuzzi and Cleary miss significant time and are immediately more noticeable on the ice than Lang.

OK, Sammy sucks too. Do you feel better?

I feel fine, but to constantly s*** on one player because it's basically "fashionable" is ridiculous. Yeah, most are scrappier/faster, etc. than Bobbert, but stats aren't that bad when you look at it are they:

Lang: 18-30: 48, 73 games played, +13

Cleary: 20-16: 36, 63 games played, +3

I've never stuck up for Sammy too much either.. but Lang is a gifted finisher. People always get extra-special pissy because he makes so much $$.. well, that's out of our hands now isn't it.

I've never stuck up for Sammy too much either.. but Lang is a gifted finisher. People always get extra-special pissy because he makes so much $$.. well, that's out of our hands now isn't it.
If you're content with what the Wings get out of Lang every game, good for you. I'm not, which leads me to this.....

I was going to post something of the like, but thanks Jack for taking care of it for me.
Because some chose to voice their displeasure over Lang's play (or in this case one of Lang's plays) doesn't make them less of a poster or less hockey-savvy than yourself or SWF....both of you need to get off your high horses, for real. Edited by RedRum #1