• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Everyones' favorite NHL team and why

Rate this topic

Besides the Redwings of course who is your favorite NHL team and why?

Your reasoning could be for the silliest thing ever such as I like there jerseys.

P.s. Sorry if this type of thread has been done, if it bothers you then don't post

If you are an active poster on LGW forums and your favorite team isn't the red wings however you like them, then state why.

My favroite NHL team [ besides Detroit ] Is the Philadelphia Flyers, I have liked them for about 5 years or so now. I just always have liked there players, and there team, and wanted to see them win a cup. I also like the city of Philadephia and I think there logo is pretty cool.

I also loved the Legion of Doom, I thought that was an aweseome name for a line.

My favorite backup team to root for is St. Louis. I remember when I first started watching hockey back in the early 90's during one of the playoff rounds where the Blues took the Wings out of the playoffs. For some reason instead of getting pissed off at them and hating them more than any other team, I respected their skill and dubbed them my "back-up" team for the Stanley cup. Even today they're still my favorite non-Detroit team to root for, despite their mediocre standings.

NYI's... Really enjoyed watching the team when Ozzie was there and just kept on watching.

I am getting more and more into Atlanta though as I am trying to move down there to get out of this hell hole we call the Michigan Economy!

I'd have to say the Minnesota Wild. Minn is sort of a second home to me. Especially, now, since they're coming into thier own, I've been loving them more and more.

I feel like tossing out that I'm an Ottawa fan aswell. I'm looking forward to hopefully a Detroit/Ottawa SCF in the future.

NYI's... Really enjoyed watching the team when Ozzie was there and just kept on watching.

I am getting more and more into Atlanta though as I am trying to move down there to get out of this hell hole we call the Michigan Economy!

I hear ya, I want to move out of Michigan as well, I was thinking of moving to California, to pursue my career and finish up college there. So I was thinking to myself I need to start liking a cali hockey team.

I think San Jose would get my vote :D

so then It would be DETROIT, PHILADELPHIA, SAN JOSE.

I hear ya, I want to move out of Michigan as well, I was thinking of moving to California, to pursue my career and finish up college there. So I was thinking to myself I need to start liking a cali hockey team.

I think San Jose would get my vote :D

so then It would be DETROIT, PHILADELPHIA, SAN JOSE.

I hear him too, buffalo economy uggh...most people live in other cities now, North Carolina is the place where most move from here.

See here is my problem... I live in Colorado, and always went against the grain, that is how I became a Red Wings fan (other than the fact that my family lives in Michigan). I have become an avid hockey fan and love the sport all around but the Red Wings are the team that got me to love hockey. Ever since I haven't found a way to be a fan for another team. I want to be though. I want to have another team to root for so that the Wings aren't all I have, and I want to know the players and be excited for the team. So if when you are describing your favorite teams if you could go a little in depth to help me find a team to root for that would be awesome, thanks!!!

(Sorry this was so long)

I used to live in Phoenix, so naturally my favorite team was the Coyotes, once they moved down there. My dad would take me to games there, so they became my #1 team.

I've liked the Wings since I can remember. I moved to Grand Rapids, and watch the farm team, so now seeing Jiri/Kopecky/Robinson/etc. play for the wings has made me like the wings more and more.

Penguins.

My buddy who got me interested in the NHL liked them.

He could pick up KDKA all the way down in Atlanta and that's why he liked the Pens.

I remember he ordered the SCF in 91 just to see the games back then.

Yeah ... so I guess that was before Fox and ESPN.

When a game that doesn't involve the Wings is on, I can always find a reason to pull for a certain team, which pretty much breaks down like this ...

O6 > Midwestern team > Canadian team > just aboot every other team > New Jersey Devils > Dallas Stars > Colorado Avalanche.

When I lived in Atlanta I liked the Thrashers pretty well, but yeah, that organization hacked me off.

Edited by auxlepli

It's Buffalo for me, aside from the fact they're one of the most fun teams to watch, they're a complete team with alot of players I respect. Ryan Miller in peticular who I watched often as a Spartan is my favorite non-wing player not named Brendan Shanahan.

Also New York's a pretty good hockey state boasting alot of American born NHL talent and it's great to see a team succeed after having it's back against the wall back in 03 being at the bottem of their division and filing for chapter 11.

I like the penguins, hated jager, but liked the penguins... lemieux was just magic on ice and now that crosby/malkin/staal are there, i think they serously are on the upswing in NHL teams

Isles. I seriously got hooked watching them when Ozzie was became an Islander. Was a huge fan of Parrish, Cairns, Bates, and of course Dipietro. Wish they were all together again! :( Still like the team of course and hope one day they'll go really far.

After them I'd say the Bolts, and Sabres. Great fast young teams with lots of talent and always exciting to watch. AND I also like the Devils. I know I know...boring team. BUT they have Broduer and Elias and I love watching them.

I constantly have mixed opinions. There's teams that I love see hating, and there's teams that I like to see winning. I'm pretty big for the Blackhawks, and probably will get more into them once Jonathan Toews starts playing, but lately I've been enjoying watching the Pens for obvious reasons. Boston I liked with Thornton, but when they lost them I just naturally started to not give a s*** about them.

So as of now, I enjoy Pittsburgh, whenever they play, I seem to go for them.

Also, I really REALLY go for teams playing against Toronto.

Edited by BeeRYCE

I guess i'd have to give my favorite other than Nashville..

easy. Philadelphia. Grew up there, still love the flyers. Clearly my favorite Eastern Conference team, and the Preds are favs in the west so it's easy to root for both. Preds get the nod head to head though.

I like the Minnesota Wild.

Minnesota is just a place that I think needs a hockey team. I was so pissed went the North Stars went from MINNESOTA to DALLAS. WTF?

That & my uncle lives in Minnesota. That's the only family I have out of state. So, it seems right.

I really like their colors & jerseys, too.

I just wish Gaborik would quit getting injured.

He's underrated because of it, & rightfully so I guess.

Every original 6 team, just because they're all sweet no matter what.

Chicago? :blink:

:P:P:P

My second favorite team changes depending on the year.

It's either the team that loses tous in the Finals, or the team that beats the team that beat us.

Which is why 1995 was a hard offseason, right up until March 1996 when New Jersey choked its playoff spot away.