• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Hank uncertain about return from back injury..

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

This is starting to worry me. Why do the coaches..etc make it seem like he'll be back soon and then you have Hank saying a totally different thing. :( It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

And now supposedly Schneids has some kind of injury and may not play tomorrow.

Just lovely....

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

This is starting to worry me. Why do the coaches..etc make it seem like he'll be back soon and then you have Hank saying a totally different thing. :( It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

And now supposedly Schneids has some kind of injury and may not play tomorrow.

Just lovely....

:crazy: Oh Jeez

It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

He sounds that way simply because the back is a touchy thing. There isn't anymore to read into it than that, really. It's ok, don't freak yet.

"If I have the same progress I've had the last week, I will be in the playoffs,'' Zetterberg said. "But, you never know with a back. Just a little tweak or something and you're right back to the beginning. So you have to stabilize your stomach and your back and just get everything back together.

"I did basically nothing for three weeks, so my body needs to get back into shape, too. It's going to take a while, but if my back still feels good, I will be back for the playoffs.''

So basically, bottom of the line? Ansar Khan's article headline should be: "Zetterberg still feeling out the time-table on his injury." He's not uncertain in a "you know, I think this is gonna keep me out"--it ain't that at all. Alla youz can step back from the panic button.

He sounds that way simply because the back is a touchy thing. There isn't anymore to read into it than that, really. It's ok, don't freak yet.

"If I have the same progress I've had the last week, I will be in the playoffs,'' Zetterberg said. "But, you never know with a back. Just a little tweak or something and you're right back to the beginning. So you have to stabilize your stomach and your back and just get everything back together.

"I did basically nothing for three weeks, so my body needs to get back into shape, too. It's going to take a while, but if my back still feels good, I will be back for the playoffs.''

So basically, bottom of the line? Ansar Khan's article headline should be: "Zetterberg still feeling out the time-table on his injury." He's not uncertain in a "you know, I think this is gonna keep me out"--it ain't that at all. Alla youz can step back from the panic button.

You're right. It's just that one day they say he's close to returning and then everyone gets excited and then the very next day it's a whole different story.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

You're right. It's just that one day they say he's close to returning and then everyone gets excited and then the very next day it's a whole different story.

I know, it bugs me too. =(

I am just full of want for him. To return, I mean.

herniated disk sucks, i have the same problem, my LB5 is pushing on my sciatic nerve, had pain shooting down my left leg and couldn't bend down...i started getting steroid shots and now i feel 100% better....and the dock also told me to keep working out to strengthen my back....so hope that his isn't that severe, otherwise he might be far from return...

Guest Tunbo Batman

don't push him. if he needs to be out until the end, so be it. no need to aggravate an injury for a couple games.

PLUS THE WINGS CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

not easily , i know, but they can.

Best case scenario : the Wings handle the 1st round without him, then he comes back for the 2nd round and jumps right out of the gate as usual, carries Detroit right to the cup :D

don't push him. if he needs to be out until the end, so be it. no need to aggravate an injury for a couple games.

PLUS THE WINGS CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

not easily , i know, but they can.

Best case scenario : the Wings handle the 1st round without him, then he comes back for the 2nd round and jumps right out of the gate as usual, carries Detroit right to the cup :D

we're making it out of the first round?!?!?! :siren::siren::scared:

It's in the Headlines....

Zetterberg sees a playoff return

He's skating, shooting for 20 minutes a day but also knows situation with back can change quickly.

Henrik Zetterberg expects to be ready for the playoffs -- but he's realistic.

With any back injury, it's a bit of a guessing game.

"If it's the same progress as it's been the last week, I'll be playing," Zetterberg said. "But you never know with the back. A little tweak, or something, and you're right back at the beginning."

Zetterberg, out since Feb 26, didn't do anything for about three weeks. This week, he has been able to put on the gear and do some light skating and shooting -- for about 20 minutes a day.

"Every day you get closer," Zetterberg said. "I go out there myself and get a feel for the puck. I'm still far away from playing but taking each step every day."

Coach Mike Babcock said this week he's hopeful Zetterberg could play the last few games of this season.

"We'd like to have him back as soon as we can, but we have to be smart about it," Babcock said.

The most trying thing for Zetterberg is regaining the strength in his back muscles

Put down any sharp objects near you people, there's no need to panic. That last post with the words coming from Zetterberg himself should reverse the pre-mature freaking out syndrom. He is smart enough to know when to push hard or take a break. He's just being cautious.

Unless Zetterberg grows the brain of Wile E. Coyote and an anvil from the Acme Company falls on his back, he'll probably be back, at the latest, for the games in April, in my strong opinion.

Put down any sharp objects near you people, there's no need to panic. That last post with the words coming from Zetterberg himself should reverse the pre-mature freaking out syndrom. He is smart enough to know when to push hard or take a break. He's just being cautious.

Unless Zetterberg grows the brain of Wile E. Coyote and an anvil from the Acme Company falls on his back, he'll probably be back, at the latest, for the games in April, in my strong opinion.

you always provide us with calm wisdom and positive outlook....amazing :clap::hehe::D

i am really hoping he will be back in time for the playoffs and nothing else will tweak his back. He is a major part of this team and I really dont think that they will be able to get very far in the playoffs with out him.

Aside from Lidstrom being injured this is the worst person to be injured for the Wings in the playoffs. My optimism for a good showing in the playoffs this year is begining to dwindle. I just hope that Datsyuk and Bertuzzi start clicking well together very soon and the SECOND LINE PICKS UP THEIR PLAY AGAIN!!!