• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Arrington is so frustrating. Ever since he came he has been flirting with disaster. I don't get it. Arrington has Braylon Edwards potential. If he would just concentrete on football he would be amazing. Butler's lose is the worst, because of the lack of TE depth, but I'm pretty sure he will be back because it wasn't police related, and he has never got into any other previous trouble. If Arrington doesn't return it would sting, but U-M has 5 WR's coming in this fall. One who is Steve Breaston's couisin, who sounds very promising. Plus they got Greg Mathews, a sophmore, who many think is the next Jason Avant.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I'm looking forward to next season.

I guess I should expect this now, but on what I have read so far, is that my school will once again probably be one of the better non-BCS schools out there. There's a decent chance we might start the season ranked somewhere b/w 20-25, or just out of the top-25.

We play a game at Texas early and a lot of sources are saying that we could give them fits and actually have an outside chance of winning that game. If that happens, then the BCS talk could be starting, but I am nowhere near getting to that point b/c...

My school has a new starting QB...

Even though we stunned Oklahoma on their turf in 2005 to start the season when they were favored by at least 25 and finished that season 11-1, that was in September and we lost to an average SMU team next week to kiss any BCS chances adios.

Last season, we started it ranked and had a pretty impressive win over Texas Tech only giving them a field goal in the 3rd game last season and finished 11-2, people started talking about a possible BCS bid, but we lost our next two games to BYU (which didn't surprise me, they were going to be good this past season) and Utah (good team, but very bad loss on our part).

I might make the road trip to that game at UT in late September, it should be a lot of fun if I do go. I'm not expecting a win, but if we actually pull off the unthinkable again, no major BCS talk from me b/c it will still be way too early and running the table in the conference, I don't care if it's the Mountain West that we're in or the SEC or Big 10, is no guarantee at all.

Butler, Richards, and Germany all kicked off the team today. Butler is the only one that stings. I'm glad Lloyd kicked them off the team though. Maybe they can transfer to Florida State, and get a million chances.

From what I understand it was just a fight at a house....I mean, that should be disciplined for sure but kicking them off the team seems a little steep. There must be more to the story.

I'm surprised they're not getting the usual Lloyd Carr punishment, having to miss the first snap of the Appalachia State game ;)

The "Lloyd Carr" Punishment? Usually he kicks them off the team almost right away (like this case). Which takes balls especially when you're a big college football program. Just because Carr gave Marlin Jackson a second chance doesn't mean he does that to all his players. Jackson got lucky, and should thank Carr....especially after winning a SB ring this year.

I give props to guys like Carr and Tressel (let 2 starting TE's go) for doing things like that.

From what I understand it was just a fight at a house....I mean, that should be disciplined for sure but kicking them off the team seems a little steep. There must be more to the story.

There kind of is. Germany came here from USC, where he got into some trouble there. So he knew he was on thin ice to begin with. Richards got into some trouble last season, but since Ron English is his godfather I think thats why he stayed on board. I have no clue with Butler...he must have done something stupid, because he's a key part to the team

Well it sounds like these guys have had their second chances then.

I just dont think you can give up on a college kid after one mistake. 18-20 year olds just arent that smart sometimes and make bad decisions. Everyone deserves a second chance, short of a serious crime of course. At the same time, I'm not condoning a Florida State type forgiveness.

Well it sounds like these guys have had their second chances then.

I just dont think you can give up on a college kid after one mistake. 18-20 year olds just arent that smart sometimes and make bad decisions. Everyone deserves a second chance, short of a serious crime of course. At the same time, I'm not condoning a Florida State type forgiveness.

I agree....I wouldn't do FSU treatment (although I can understand why Bowman does it), but I think a 2 strike rule is very fair

The "Lloyd Carr" Punishment? Usually he kicks them off the team almost right away (like this case). Which takes balls especially when you're a big college football program. Just because Carr gave Marlin Jackson a second chance doesn't mean he does that to all his players. Jackson got lucky, and should thank Carr....especially after winning a SB ring this year.

I give props to guys like Carr and Tressel (let 2 starting TE's go) for doing things like that.

I'm just busting your balls. I actually have a lot of respect for Carr and the way he runs a clean program.

Welcome to the world young Buckeye!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2830476

I read that today, and it totally grossed me out...name sounds good though. It's alot better then something like Lloyd Bo. I hope young little Tressel ends up at U-M someday...that would be great!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Nah I never really liked him even when he was on track to win the Heisman :D

Side Note: I played against guys like Scott McMullen and Tim Anderson in high school....

Scott McMullen the QB?? Who's Anderson? I played against Kevin Grady, Kelvin Grady, and Ronald Johnson (USC) back in the day. Our school also played against Neitzel a number of times, but I sat safely in the stands while he lit us up :lol:

Scott McMullen the QB?? Who's Anderson? I played against Kevin Grady, Kelvin Grady, and Ronald Johnson (USC) back in the day. Our school also played against Neitzel a number of times, but I sat safely in the stands while he lit us up :lol:

Yep, the same guy. He was the catcher for Granville and I played for Watkins and they had a nasty little rivalry going on when I moved to Ohio in 1997. I struck him out once and the second time up he hit a homer off me that hasn't landed yet.

Tim Anderson was a heavyweight wrestler in High School (he won the state championship his senior year in 97-98) and kicked the ever loving s*** out of me when my wrestling team practiced against his. Our heavyweight was injured and while I was the 189 class guy, I had been wrestling heavy because I'd dislocated my elbow early on that year and was just getting back. I had to check but he's playing for the Bills now...

Not fun :D

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80