• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Bertuzzi's 4 minute double minor

Rate this topic

Alright, well first off sorry to the bitchy people who get angry when a thread is started that was already mentioned in the GDT or somewhere else before.

Anyways, I started this topic when Bertuzzi colided with a St. Louis Blues player.

In my opinion I don't think he really even desevered a minor penalty yet a double minor.

It looked completely accidental and he was not intentionally trying to hurt or go after the blues player ( who I can't remember the name of right now)

Does everyone think that this was a fair call, or was it complete B.S. , like a lot of calls the refs have been making against Detroit these past few games. :sly:

Thoughts, opionions, concerns, whatever else...

It wasnt a horrible call, it was just an unfortunate one. There was no intent on Bert's part, and if anything Backes fell into the stick, but it still has to be called because Bert had his stick up a little.

His stick wasn't up high enough to where it could be called high sticking, he was just skating with both his hands about wasit high with his stick going off to the side, sorry if that descrption sucked, but you should know what I mean. Its not like he saw him falling and put his stick up to cut him or anything.

it was clearly unintentional. Heck, Bertuzzi didn't even see the guy until the last second. But that doesn't change the outcome of it.

sometimes you fart and a little bit of poop comes out, just because you didn't mean to do it doesn't mean that you don't have to clean it up.

bertuzzi understood the call. during the interview he said it was unfortunet that his stick came up after he was trying to defend him self. but the refs pretty much had to call it. he was bleeding, accidental or not it was still a highstick.

sometimes you fart and a little bit of poop comes out, just because you didn't mean to do it doesn't mean that you don't have to clean it up.

:lol:

His stick wasn't up high enough to where it could be called high sticking, he was just skating with both his hands about wasit high with his stick going off to the side, sorry if that descrption sucked, but you should know what I mean. Its not like he saw him falling and put his stick up to cut him or anything.

his stick was above his shoulders. they were both falling, and yeah, it was just unfortunate that the blade caught his face. once it happens though, there's no way for the ref to not call it.

I know but it still had to be called.

My problem with the penalty wasnt that it was called, but that it was made 2 minutes afterwards when they saw he had blood. Which is a bigger injustice in my opinion.

it was clearly unintentional. Heck, Bertuzzi didn't even see the guy until the last second. But that doesn't change the outcome of it.

:lol::lol::lol:

haha thats funny, I guess that is a good way to look it.

Nice analogy--- sp?

:lol::lol::lol:

My problem with the penalty wasnt that it was called, but that it was made 2 minutes afterwards when they saw he had blood. Which is a bigger injustice in my opinion.

I think he was down on the ice for too long for that little bit of contact, I did suspect that maybe he bit his lip to make it bleed, because it looked to me that the blade got him on his cheek. maybe it's just me though

If you absolutely had to call a penalty in this case, just give him the two minutes then not the extra two becasue he was bleeding.

1. it was totally un-intentional

2. since that was the case and he didnt purposely attempt to high stick him, he ovbiously didn't try and cut him.

so just give him the two minutes, they should have acceptions on whole "if hes bleeding" rule, which I personally think that is the dumbest thing ever, if hes bleeding throw an extra 2 minutes up on the board.

I think he was down on the ice for too long for that little bit of contact, I did suspect that maybe he bit his lip to make it bleed, because it looked to me that the blade got him on his cheek. maybe it's just me though

so far everything you have said on this topic has made sence to me.

If you absolutely had to call a penalty in this case, just give him the two minutes then not the extra two becasue he was bleeding.

1. it was totally un-intentional

2. since that was the case and he didnt purposely attempt to high stick him, he ovbiously didn't try and cut him.

so just give him the two minutes, they should have acceptions on whole "if hes bleeding" rule, which I personally think that is the dumbest thing ever, if hes bleeding throw an extra 2 minutes up on the board.

if you hook somebody in the league, you don't mean to take a penelty. to refs it doesn't matter if it was accident or not.

best.

analogy.

ever.

:lol:

I know but it still had to be called.

you're expected to have control of your stick at all times, which is the first 2 minutes.

And I'm pretty sure if you draw blood, it's an automatic double minor.

I don't go to alot of games, but being there today, was a great day to witness how pissed the crowd can get first hand. It was bulls***, refs were BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Fair/unfair, intentional/unintentional, a player has to be in control of his stick at all times.

You hit somebody intentionally/unintentionally in the face and the ref sees it, it's a 2-minute minor.

If the ref sees that the guy is cut, it's going to be a 4-minute double minor.

That's the rule in all instances, simple as that.

Bertuzzi accidentally clipping the guy today isn't exempt from the rule.

I don't go to alot of games, but being there today, was a great day to witness how pissed the crowd can get first hand. It was bulls***, refs were BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

how mad was the crowd when they called off clearys shootout goal?

Fair/unfair, intentional/unintentional, a player has to be in control of his stick at all times.

You hit somebody intentionally/unintentionally in the face and the ref sees it, it's a 2-minute minor.

If the ref sees that the guy is cut, it's going to be a 4-minute double minor.

That's the rule in all instances, simple as that.

Bertuzzi accidentally clipping the guy today isn't exempt from the rule.

Well in that case then, I think those are some lame rules :P

I mean my yelling and screaming won't change anything but because he is cut you get an automatic double minor is just ridiculous. I guess I can see that you should have control of your stick at all times, but then you have the instances were some goof ball will radomly come along and trip or something and you get called for that as well. I guess its a no win situation either way you look at it.

Just added fuel to the fire today, since we have been getting quite the amount of bad calls latley in our games.

how mad was the crowd when they called off clearys shootout goal?

Yes I second that question, how the crowd react on that one?

I was out of my seat here at home when the ref called it no goal.

You could tell Babcock was furious, all the players left the bench and he just stood there with this grin on his face.

Yes I second that question, how the crowd react on that one?

I was out of my seat here at home when the ref called it no goal.

You could tell Babcock was furious, all the players left the bench and he just stood there with this grin on his face.

i knew that it wasn't going to be a goal. not enough data. even though they were wrong.

i knew that it wasn't going to be a goal. not enough data. even though they were wrong.

Well from watching it at home, they replayed it over and over, and on several of the replays, the angles they showed, the puck was clearly in the net. I guess thats just Detroit luck, we never get a break these dayss.

Well from watching it at home, they replayed it over and over, and on several of the replays, the angles they showed, the puck was clearly in the net. I guess thats just Detroit luck, we never get a break these dayss.

are you sure? the replay that they show in the net it looked like it was in his pads, but you can't see it untill he spreds his legs and it falls on the line. mickey was circleing the screen of where the puck should be, but it was in bakashawa

Edited by wingsfan979802

Bertuzzi high sticked Backes in the face.

Backes was bleeding...and it wasn't just a scratch...there were some drops on the ice.

That's an automatic 4 minute penalty if the ref feels it was unintentional, and a 5 minute penalty if the ref feels the player was blatantely careless with his stick.

It doesn't matter if it was accidental or not. You have to be in control of your stick at all times (except on the follow through of a shot...a high stick doesn't apply in that situation).

Those are the rules...and they have been that way for a long time.

It was the right call. The rain of boos at the Joe made me roll my eyes and shake my head. He was high sticked...he was bleeding, the ref saw it and called the penalty. What's the problem?

Bertuzzi high sticked Backes in the face.

Backes was bleeding...and it wasn't just a scratch...there were some drops on the ice.

That's an automatic 4 minute penalty if the ref feels it was unintentional, and a 5 minute penalty if the ref feels the player was blatantely careless with his stick.

It doesn't matter if it was accidental or not. You have to be in control of your stick at all times (except on the follow through of a shot...a high stick doesn't apply in that situation).

Those are the rules...and they have been that way for a long time.

It was the right call. The rain of boos at the Joe made me roll my eyes and shake my head. He was high sticked...he was bleeding, the ref saw it and called the penalty. What's the problem?

None...and alot of things about Blues fans make us roll our eyes. So it evens it out...enjoy the win, you bastards seem to be taking us a lot lately.

None...and alot of things about Blues fans make us roll our eyes. So it evens it out...enjoy the win, you bastards seem to be taking us a lot lately.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. The Blues have laid a solid foundation for next year. A good system that has this team playing good hockey, good young talent on the current roster, some solid veterans, depth in goal and a few excellent prospects coming up next year...plus a lot of draft picks coming up.

We'll see.