• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

3/24 GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

After watching Bertuzzi play like a true power forward, I have to wonder what the Wings see in Lang? he is big, he has skill BUT he doesnt use his size to go to the slot or front of the net with the puck, he plays a perimiter game all the time, we dont need anymore perimiter type players!! those type of players dont do well in the playoffs! granted I know that Lang does show up for the PO's and we will have to wait and see how he does this post season, but I hope the Wings resign Bertuzzi (he wont be cheap either!) and to make cap room I cant see Lang returning with his $3 mil+ contract (by the way--is Lang a free agent after this year or does he have 1 more year left??) if he is a FA then I dont see him returning to the Wings next year if the Wings hope to resign Bertuzzi and Datsyuk.

Lang is a FA after this season.

I think part of it is Ken and Mickey tend to build up Osgood a little bit more. It seems like they want to make sure he gets props for the big saves he makes. Which is fine, but it probably makes it seem like Osgood has to be slightly more heroic in net when he plays.

QFT.

Since Lang sucks ass, Babs should consider splitting up Hank and Dats. He doesnt HAVE to do it if they keep their chemistry and stay on fire, but Lang cannot hold down a top 2 line anymore. In contrast, Cleary has been awesome lately.

Flip - Dats - Bert

Hudler - Hank - Calder

Babs should at least consider his options once Hank comes back, but then again, it might be best to keep Hank on with Dats and Homer upon his return where he already has chemistry.

I know this would be a nice thing to instate, but really now. Babcock will not move Lang down below the second line. And for that matter I'd be very suprised if he kept Hudler on the second line after the injured players come back.

Is it just me, or does Babcock have no faith in Hudler at all in shootouts? He doesn't select him to go for the second straight time, despite having a goal earlier in the game and being very good in shootouts.

Losing these games doesnt make me more or less confident about the playoffs. The playoffs are a different deal. What you did two weeks ago, the last game of the season, or anytime won't matter.

The Joe was absolutely awesome today. The crowd was loud and into it. The fricken wave started up and went STRONG! Haha, it was so much fun.

I don't care what happens, but I want Bertuzzi re-signed.

Also, I saw him and his family in Greektown after the game!

Edited by SuperCalaFilppulastic!

I still haven't seen the hit on Lebda, but I hope he is feeling better sooner rather than later. Apparently, Colin Campbell was on HNIC and asked about the hit, and said there was nothing wrong with it, so it seems there will be no suspension. I didn't see it, so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

I still haven't seen the hit on Lebda, but I hope he is feeling better sooner rather than later. Apparently, Colin Campbell was on HNIC and asked about the hit, and said there was nothing wrong with it, so it seems there will be no suspension. I didn't see it, so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

Yup Colin Campbell was on HNIC and talked about it, there about to talk about it right now again

"I was there too!

Great time, except the fact me and my buddy sat next to two drunk cougars. I was just excited to finally see a live shootout, excluding the unfortunate result. Bertuzzi is great to watch, he's hard to get off the puck, love him."

Yeah, definitely was a great game to be at.... so, what did you think of the wave? I almost died when I saw it starting up. :P

HAHAHA YES THE WAVE WAS GREAT! lol.

Me and my friend watched it slowly die out, I found that funny. One of the best waves I have ever encountered. Where were your seats? I was section 212B row 8.

wow, i watch the game and then come to the gdt and hear the f bomb about 20 posts in a row.

we lose twice to non playoff team in a shootout, crazy. that cleary shot was a goal. but the problom is you never could see it across the line in the goal. you have to give bacashawa some credit, even though most people here must hate his guts for moving forward. it was a smart play to move up.

wow, i watch the game and then come to the gdt and hear the f bomb about 20 posts in a row.

we lose twice to non playoff team in a shootout, crazy. that cleary shot was a goal. but the problom is you never could see it across the line in the goal. you have to give bacashawa some credit, even though most people here must hate his guts for moving forward. it was a smart play to move up.

yeah, any goalie would do that. hasek tried to cover the puck on the goal against him and it was a foot and a half over the line.

Jason Bacashihua played his ass off against the Wings for the second time. He's a Michigan boy, prolly had a lot of family and friends at the game. Weight scored the GW SO goal. He's local, too.

One advantage of being a team in a city like Nashville or Carolina is, you don't have to worry about some guy on the other team coming into your arena and playing out of his mind for his family and friends in his hometown.

Losing these games doesnt make me more or less confident about the playoffs. The playoffs are a different deal. What you did two weeks ago, the last game of the season, or anytime won't matter.

hahah yeah i was there.

that boy must have went around the Joe what eight times?

i am a little disappointed in the outcome.

but, being optimistic, at least the Wings got a point.

and i agree about the whole stretch thingy,

i was saying to my girlfriend, better to get these kinds of loses out now than in a few weeks.

hahah yeah i was there.

that boy must have went around the Joe what eight times?

i am a little disappointed in the outcome.

but, being optimistic, at least the Wings got a point.

and i agree about the whole stretch thingy,

i was saying to my girlfriend, better to get these kinds of loses out now than in a few weeks.

Yeah its good that we got a point.. and im being positive on this, once everyone comes back from being injured the wings will be fine in the playoffs :thumbup:

looking at the final shot total, it's easy to see that it was a very frustrating game for wings fans. nothing quite like watching a game that you SHOULD be totally dominating and having the opposing goalie play out of his mind to equal everything out.

I feel for you guys, but I'm not going to be too upset with it... you know.

looking at the final shot total, it's easy to see that it was a very frustrating game for wings fans. nothing quite like watching a game that you SHOULD be totally dominating and having the opposing goalie play out of his mind to equal everything out.

cant expect you to be too sad about your competition losing, but thanks for the post, atleast we know that some opponent fans have respectful comments :thumbup:

HAHAHA YES THE WAVE WAS GREAT! lol.

Me and my friend watched it slowly die out, I found that funny. One of the best waves I have ever encountered. Where were your seats? I was section 212B row 8.

My seats were in section 105, row 18. Pretty good seats. They were a Christmas present though, usually I am like in the nose bleeds. :blush:

No, we really didn't earn this one. The wings only played for half the game, we just kicked it into overdrive when we were playing.

Looks like the Red Wings are in playoff mode since 3-4 games... LOL

hahaha didnt you post this twice already...its still pretty funny though so i will let it slide :lol:

Guest Tunbo Batman

Looks like the Red Wings are in playoff mode since 3-4 games... LOL

wow, 3 posts and the exact same joke twice? you win the monthly one-trick-pony award :P

no go devise some new ones m'kay? :P

If there's one thing I hate, its the stupid attitude that we deserved what we got because we should have beat them in the first place. It's the typical attitude of someone who is ignorant and knows nothing about the sport. Yeah, the wings are a great team, yeah, one would expect them to crush the blues. But it didn't happen. We were down 2-0, and we scored two legit goals that put us into overtime. Nobody scored in overtime, which means a shootout is in store. Nowhere in the rules does it say "feel free to make calls contradictory to the rules if the team getting screwed should have been winning anyways."

Honestly, if you hold the opinion that we "deserved" what we got because we should have crushed them, there's something terribly wrong with you.

And this is the stupidest thread I've read in a while. We did deserve to lose because we (again) failed to show up for a 60-minute hockey game. The Wings were skating around the Blues in the 3rd period, but by then their goalie was simply stopping everything. The Blues deserved the win, and have beaten us, what, 3 times in a shootout this year?