• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tubaguy

3/26 GDT: vs. Anaheim Ducks, 7:00pm

Rate this topic

I'm really excited for tonight's game. This is an extremely imporant week to see how we will match up against three potential playoff opponents with a nearly full roster.

I hope Giguere plays tonight and his wife doesn't go into labor until tomorrow because I want to play against the Duck's A-game.

This wil be a huge week for the Wings, as well as those other three we play. I expect these games to be fast-paced without a ton of physical play. I can see both teams backing off a bit in that department in preperation for the playoff grind. Call it a hunch.

I hate Monday games. <_<

I can only ever watch the first two periods because 24 starts at 9:00.

Anywho, I'm expecting to see a fast paced, physical game out there tonight. The Wings have got to find a way to break out of their slump, and what better to team to do it to then the Ducks? Let's hope they can.

we need to play well tonight, this is the only game being played in the entire NHL tonight. Gotta show our stuff on VS. After the last 2 periods of last game, I am really excited to see if we can carry over that energy and come out flying.

anyone know who's in goal? Not that it's mattered lately. ;) Wings better show up tonight, the Ducks are not doing so well either, so now's our chance to win one.

I think it's Oz. I remember someone (Ken Daniels?) saying that he might get the next 2 (after the Columbus game).

I could care less about the Ducks game as long as we beat the Predators on Thursday. Any points tonight are a bonus. One thing to keep in mind is Detroit has a seven game winning streak against the Ducks at JLA.

Wow! That is crazy.. I'm moving this coming weekend so I think I forgot the incredible opponents we've drawn for this week! I know we've been playing like dog doo for a while, but we're spoiled here.. 101 pts. ain't all bad. I agree, this is a great tough test we're facing-- all possible playoff opponents! Giguere is a great goalie, yes.. but Bryz ain't a shabby backup.

Anyone know if Osgood is starting? The Ducks are a rough group, but have also been playing inconsistently the last little while.. we know the Preds through and through, but Mr. Foppa is back now. Dallas? Meh, I've never ever ever liked them, and I don't see them as a big-time opponent for some reason. But, on the other hand, beats the s*** out of next weeks games. Hopefully the seeding will be figured out by next week and we can rest some guys vs. the Bj/Bj/Hawk/Hawk group of games.

I've been quite disappointed with 24 this year.

me too man

I hope we pull an awesome win tonight, i havent heard anything about pronger being back from his broken toe, tea and crumpets... :rolleyes:

I would like to see Bertuzzi on a line with Lang and Calder. It could be the acquisition line since all three players were trade deadline acquisitions.

lang could also just sit there and benefit from all the hard work from calder and bert lol :lol:

This wil be a huge week for the Wings, as well as those other three we play. I expect these games to be fast-paced without a ton of physical play. I can see both teams backing off a bit in that department in preperation for the playoff grind. Call it a hunch.

Yep Anaheim, at Nashville, and Dallas.

I expect to see some freaking hungry wings tonight- after losing 4 straight the boys usually come out of the gate foaming at the mouth looking for prey.

Let's see if Bert continues his upward performance trend! GO BERT! GO WINGS! And grab some points Dats :D

EDIT: My bad- also get some points Calder- I don't like the idea of him suddenly slumping back to his pre-wings form because he feels like his hot streak was an isolated incident.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

I hope to see a fantastic game tonite. Hopefully we just didnt show up for bottom feeding teams. However, we really do need to play a whole game tonite. I wasnt able to watch vs. the Blues, but I turned to my one-stop-shop for game information -- here. It sounded pretty horrible. Its the only game I missed watching this year... :( Anywho I hope we make up for it, and I wanna see more of BERT!

I hope to see a fantastic game tonite. Hopefully we just didnt show up for bottom feeding teams. However, we really do need to play a whole game tonite. I wasnt able to watch vs. the Blues, but I turned to my one-stop-shop for game information -- here. It sounded pretty horrible. Its the only game I missed watching this year... :( Anywho I hope we make up for it, and I wanna see more of BERT!

The problem the Wings have (and have had for a couple years now) is that they play at their opponent's level. It's very rare that they completely blow out a team. (except for the first game against Phoenix) To an extent, it happened in the playoffs last year and the year before.

The problem the Wings have (and have had for a couple years now) is that they play at their opponent's level. It's very rare that they completely blow out a team. (except for the first game against Phoenix) To an extent, it happened in the playoffs last year and the year before.

sounds like my college's basketball team <_<

Hockey gods smileth upon Covenant... AGAIN!! I'll be in attendance again tonight. This will make about 7 games for me this year, a record. I like the perspective from the suite too, even though it's way up there you get a nice idea of how the plays start/evolve. (free beer and food doesn't hurt either).. Why I didn't ask around the office before the New Year is beyond me. :P I tell you though, one of the attorney's here mentioned to me @ the Nashville game that they rarely fill the suite, and that's when I offered my attendance. Easy to give away one suite ticket, as most want to bring family, etc.

Hockey gods smileth upon Covenant... AGAIN!! I'll be in attendance again tonight. This will make about 7 games for me this year, a record. I like the perspective from the suite too, even though it's way up there you get a nice idea of how the plays start/evolve. (free beer and food doesn't hurt either).. Why I didn't ask around the office before the New Year is beyond me. :P I tell you though, one of the attorney's here mentioned to me @ the Nashville game that they rarely fill the suite, and that's when I offered my attendance. Easy to give away one suite ticket, as most want to bring family, etc.

I was in the WDIV suite for the Habs game. What a cool suite, for those that haven't seen the pictures. It's completely COVERED with hockey memorabilia. I agree that it's great to watch the plays develop from way up there, but it just doesn't feel like you're at the game. There definitely is a feel of separation from the action. My favorite place to watch the game are my cousin's seats: 2 rows behind the Wings' tunnel, right off the aisle. It's so close, you can smell the sweat and my adrenaline never stops flowing. The seats also have a great perspective into the Wings' bench.