• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HuntsVegas Baby

Dom and Babcock Closed Door Meeting

Rate this topic

I've got the Center Ice Package with Dish and was stuck watching the Blues game on the local St. Louis channel (which was hilarious in itself........such a "homer" announcer team).....anyway during the third period one of guys mentioned something about a problem between Dom and Babcock that resulted in a closed door meeting......Does anyone know about this???? I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

I've got the Center Ice Package with Dish and was stuck watching the Blues game on the local St. Louis channel (which was hilarious in itself........such a "homer" announcer team).....anyway during the third period one of guys mentioned something about a problem between Dom and Babcock that resulted in a closed door meeting......Does anyone know about this???? I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

IF there was a closed door meeting, it probably had to do with the flop that resulted in a goal the other night.

IF there was a closed door meeting, it probably had to do with the flop that resulted in a goal the other night.

that, and the fact that Babcock called him on it to the media

It was nothing. He and Dom talked last week to clear the air about Babcock calling Dom out to the media as the reason for the loss vs. Calgary. Babcock was frustrated and the media ran with the mention he made of Dom's gaffe, rather than saying what he really said -- none of the Wings played up to speed. The media pounced on Dom's actions and ignored the rest.

Babcock and Dom are fine. And no, Dom isn't making demands or anything else like that. I love how people look for the worst from a player who's done nothing but his best for this hockey club this season. <_<

Alright.....so it is a slap fight. Dom is one of those that self-destructs a lot, and most often at very bad times.......like two weeks before the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Dom fan and we need him at his best if we are going anywhere in the playoffs.

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

why is it that every crap against the Wings come either from Blues media or from Canadian media?

don't buy it. Babcock is not the type of guy to settle things behind locked door. he f* the issue up, but I don't see him and Hasek having a closed door discussion.

like exactly who is the source now? Manny Legace once again?

like exactly who is the source now? Manny Legace once again?

He has been out for over a month now AND for the rest of the season.... so he does have a lot of spare time on his hands. Could very well be him.

Edited by OsGOD

He has been out for over a month now AND for the rest of the season.... so he does have a lot of spare time on his hands. Could very well be him.

I didn't mean this serious, actually... but the fact that so many such "behind the scenes" media stinkers about Wings come from Blues media does give you something to think. I'm not taking the Legace-guess as valid though. he might have some grudge against the organization but he's not an ******* to produce such crap.

it just seems like some of their fans need to cure small-dick-syndrome somehow. and the "Red Wings suck" tune is soooo good here... as usual :)

Edited by akustyk

I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

I'm not Hasek's biggest fan, but this isn't very fair.

Although known for his ego, he has been a standup teamplayer.

So let's not make "the flop" a bigger issue than it was...

Only a team in harmony has a chance in the playoffs.

Dom knows.

Mikey Mike knows.

making the flop a bigger issue than it is means you are jsut as bad as the media frothing at the mouth for some kind of dirt on the team, this is becoming the NY media ahhaahah

It was nothing. He and Dom talked last week to clear the air about Babcock calling Dom out to the media as the reason for the loss vs. Calgary. Babcock was frustrated and the media ran with the mention he made of Dom's gaffe, rather than saying what he really said -- none of the Wings played up to speed. The media pounced on Dom's actions and ignored the rest.

Babcock and Dom are fine. And no, Dom isn't making demands or anything else like that. I love how people look for the worst from a player who's done nothing but his best for this hockey club this season. <_<

I take it you were in there?

I take it you were in there?

loo states opinion with the same assurance that everyone else does thinking they know whats going on if the meeting took place, maybe directing sarcastic probes against the others is due as well no? Only fair

He never blamed him for the loss.

loo states opinion with the same assurance that everyone else does thinking they know whats going on if the meeting took place, maybe directing sarcastic probes against the others is due as well no? Only fair

Same assurance? Hardly.

Same assurance? Hardly.

wow. :huh:

I was simply paraphrasing an article from mlive a couple of days ago, where it was reported that Hasek and Babs had a private meeting about the media running mad with Babcock's expression of frustration over Dom's attempt to get a call in Calgary. I sure as **** never said I was there, and I don't know what makes you think it's necessary to be nasty about it.

Here is the article I was referencing:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

I do respect you, NN, but you can keep your sarcasm and snarky comments. Thanks!

He never blamed him for the loss.

Fine distinction. Babcock aired a grievance to the media about a player's actions. He should have known, and he does now, that if it's Hasek or another high profile player, the press will make up their own version of what was said.