I have a feeling that Holland is waiting to sign him until he gets the best offer he can for Sheahan. If AA signs now for $2M and we are forced to trade someone, we may not get a return that's worth anything.
I want AA signed for sure, but we don't HAVE to sign him before the season starts. But if we did, we'd HAVE to move someone and our hands would be tied into accepting whatever someone offers for Sheahan to become compliant...or waive him and lose him for nothing.
Right now, it seems, we are in control of our return. Hold on until the offer becomes worth it. Not until we are forced to accept a 7th rounder. Pitt wants him, they just have to show how much they do. I say a 3rd in 18 and a 2nd in 19 for Sheahan. Then give AA 2yrs, $2.5M per. Give him top 6 minutes to prove he can score against better talent, then reward him after.