• Please log in to reply
1601 replies to this topic

#1 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

Hi everyone!! I just thought I'd start a movie review thread.

Each and every one of you can post your movie reviews here. It would be cool to be able to check out new movies and the thoughts of LGW.comer's on each "new" or "old" movie.

I saw Starsky and Hutch today. Great, fun flick!!

If you saw Zoolander and enjoyed it - this is definitely a movie for you. I heard an interview with Ben and Owen on the movie itself and they said they were trying to steer away from it being exactly like the tv show used to be in the seventies, however, it is set in the 1970's. With all the funny old equipment to boot!

I definitely will buy this one when it comes out on video!! It was very funny in some parts - definitely a quotable movie.
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#2 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:26 PM

I give Zoolander a B. Its funny, but not hillarious. I just saw Van Wilder yesterday and thats not bad.
Tonight I'm seeing the Passion (which I was suppose to see a long time ago!)

#3 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:32 PM

all the LOTR AWESOMe

peace

well to expand. this is a GREAT GREAT story. The second most widely read book of the 20th century behind the BIBLE. Visually AMAZING, it absorbs you to the point that it doesn't seem like fantasy anymore. The characters are believable, and you feel an attachement to their story. No acting awards, because there is no SINGLE performance to single out. They are a package deal with no ONE character stealing the show. Well worth it.

side note the Appendixes/special features on the Extended DVDs is almost worth the cost of rental/purchase. Seeing what the actors/writers/director/prop people/etc... went through during this 5-6 year epic undertaking, will blow your mind.

peace

Edited by norrisnick, 07 March 2004 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image

#4 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (mannysBETTER3434 @ March 8, 2004 - 01:26AM)
I give Zoolander a B. Its funny, but not hillarious. I just saw Van Wilder yesterday and thats not bad.

Zoolander is just one of those stupid boy movies that gets funnier and funnier the more you see it. You know, like Wayne's World, Happy Gilmore, Spaceballs, Dude Where's My Car, Dumb and Dumber, Joe Dirt, Super Troopers, Billy Madison, etc. These movies also get funnier the more you drink, but then again what doesn't. biggrin.gif
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#5 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ March 8, 2004 - 01:39AM)

Zoolander is just one of those stupid boy movies that gets funnier and funnier the more you see it. You know, like Wayne's World, Happy Gilmore, Spaceballs, Dude Where's My Car, Dumb and Dumber, Joe Dirt, Super Troopers, Billy Madison, etc. These movies also get funnier the more you drink, but then again what doesn't. biggrin.gif

I LOVE Super Troopers

"I don't want a large farva!! I want a god damn liter a cola!!"

I just bought Zoolander today on DVD - that brings my dvd movie count to 97 smile.gif
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 Chase

Chase

jesus on skates

• Bronze Booster
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

I thought zoolander was a stupid movie. But it was awhile ago when i saw it. Maybe I have to see it again....
---StevieY Fan---

#7 I Thought I Saw a Datsyuk 13

I Thought I Saw a Datsyuk 13

i walk like a man

• HoF Booster
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (mannysBETTER3434 @ March 7, 2004 - 08:26PM)

Im seeing passion tonight as well

#8 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

Super Troopers is the shiznit.

I just saw Rush Hour 2 for the first time in a while on TBS.

Great movie, Chris Tucker is a smart-ass, Jackie Chan is goofy, good action, great comedy. Plus you always get the outtakes after every Jackie Chan movie which makes it even better.

9/10 ranking for comedy movie.

#9 shortt1604

shortt1604

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

I saw Passions today..

#10 Guest_vladinator16 (Guest)

Guest_vladinator16 (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (VladyIBELIEVE16 @ March 7, 2004 - 08:52PM)
QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ March 8, 2004 - 01:39AM)

I LOVE Super Troopers

"I don't want a large farva!! I want a god damn liter a cola!!"

I just bought Zoolander today on DVD - that brings my dvd movie count to 97 smile.gif

Hahaha, you can't not like Super Troopers!! I can't wait to go see their 2nd movie, Club Dread. Was supposed to see it last night, then tonight, now hopefully we'll finally actually get to go see it next weekend.. but the way it's gone so far, I'm not keeping my hopes up too far, lol.

If anybody happens to see it, be sure to review it on this thread!

Oh yeah, Eurotrip was hilarious, 10 times funnier than Road Trip. So if you liked that, Eurotrip's a must!

#11 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

Also saw 'Passion' today at the AMC30 in Sterling Heights.

#12 shortt1604

shortt1604

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Mattias19 @ March 8, 2004 - 12:30AM)
Also saw 'Passion' today at the AMC30 in Sterling Heights.

I was going to go to that one!! That is until I realized everyone was going to the theater in Romeo.. I almost saw you.

#13 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

I saw Hidalgo this weekend and liked it quite a bit. Viggo is a pretty cool guy in the movie. The horse is awesome. It was kind of gut-wrenching in parts but also a lot of fun. Definitely worth seeing.

We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#14 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:08 AM

Waiting for gufman..... great movie
Best in show.....great movie
super troopers.....great movie
*edited*

anything with jenna jameson=========great movie to watch with your significant other

#15 shortt1604

shortt1604

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:11 AM

Boss.. I think theres going to be a lot of people who can read spanish on this board.. I didn't learn much when I took it for 4 1/2 years.. but I do know what that means..

#16 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (shortt1604 @ March 7, 2004 - 11:11PM)
Boss.. I think theres going to be a lot of people who can read spanish on this board.. I didn't learn much when I took it for 4 1/2 years.. but I do know what that means..

its a great movie. im being serious

#17 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (shortt1604 @ March 8, 2004 - 06:11AM)

That's the name of the movie smile.gif I don't think I saw it anywhere in English.

#18 Rebel

Rebel

Back to being the Asshole...

• Gold Booster
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:59 AM

Darlin and I saw Butterfly Effect. It was ok, but too predictable for me. I guessed everything before it happened. Although I usually do that with every movie sad.gif . Two thumbs up for Top Gun though thumbup.gif thumbup.gif .

#19 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Rebel @ March 8, 2004 - 12:59AM)
Darlin and I saw Butterfly Effect. It was ok, but too predictable for me. I guessed everything before it happened. Although I usually do that with every movie sad.gif . Two thumbs up for Top Gun though thumbup.gif thumbup.gif .

Top Gun, GREAT movie. thumbup.gif

good ol' Maverick wink.gif , Iceman, and poor Goose sad.gif

peace

Posted Image

#20 Rebel

Rebel

Back to being the Asshole...

• Gold Booster
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ March 8, 2004 - 12:01AM)
Top Gun, GREAT movie. thumbup.gif

good ol' Maverick wink.gif , Iceman, and poor Goose sad.gif

peace

Goose... sad.gif ... crybaby.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users