• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanBarnes!

"Hakan Andersson, scout extraordinaire"

Rate this topic

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

Pretty good article, with the way we throw away first rounders i'm glad we have him.

Jari Tolsa might be the next late round phenomena. He has looked very good lately in the SEL playoffs and former NHL veteran defenseman Calle Johansson recently called him one of the smartest players in the SEL. Unfortunately he is another smallish forward. Tolsa has 5 assists in 9 playoff games so far.

Tolsa profile

Hakan Andersson has stated that the Red Wings will bring Franzen over once the season begins. Franzen recently signed a new contract with HV-71 of the SEL, but it included a clause that will permit him to leave for the NHL if given the opportunity.

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...shNotebook.html

Jari Tolsa might have had a difficult season production-wise in the Swedish Elite League, but he remains a prospect worth keeping an eye on.

The Finnish-born, Swedish-raised Tolsa had 17 points in 50 games with Frolunda, his lowest production since his rookie year in 2000-01. The 24-year-old winger played a depth role for the club, and did his job well.

“He’s turned himself into a real player in the Swedish Elite League,� said Nill. “He’s getting to that age where it might be time to bring him over and put him in the AHL and see if he’ll take the step or not.�

The Red Wings would like to see the 6-foot, 181-pound Tolsa make the Swedish national team before bringing him to North America. He plays hard at both ends of the rink, but his offensive game hasn’t developed as hoped.

“He’s a little bit older, so the clock is ticking a little bit faster,� said Nill.

What did I tell ya? wink.gif

I think he's ready and good for 40+ pts in the AHL.

Hakan Andersson has stated that the Red Wings will bring Franzen over once the season begins. Franzen recently signed a new contract with HV-71 of the SEL, but it included a clause that will permit him to leave for the NHL if given the opportunity.

Here it is in black and white, but you guys already knew this. wink.gifLink in Swedish

Quick translation of points of interest:

Detroit vill inte vänta.

Enligt HÃ¥kan Andersson är Johan Franzén redo för spela i NHL redan till hösten.

– Han är färdig som spelare och dessutom tror jag att han kan växa ytterligare där borta. Johan har stor potential, säger HÃ¥kan Andersson.

Detroit won't wait. Johan Franzen is ready to play in the NHL this fall according to Hakan Andersson. -He is ready and I believe that he can develop further over there. Johan has great potential, says Hakan Andersson.

Hemlig lista

Franzén stÃ¥r ocksÃ¥ med pÃ¥ den hemliga lista över spelare Detroit vill kontraktera till nästa säsong.

– Nu är det bara att vänta att konflikten tar ****. Innan dess kan vi inte göra nÃ¥gonting. Har pratat med folk i Nordamerika och det kommer nog ett positivt besked inom kort, säger HÃ¥kan Andersson.

– Sedan mÃ¥ste ju Johan själv ocksÃ¥ vilja Ã¥ka, men jag har pratat med honom tidigare om det och dÃ¥ har han varit positiv.

Secret list. Franzen is mentioned on the secret list of players that Detroit wants to sign for the next season. -Now it's all about waiting till the conflict ends. Until then there's nothing we can do. I've talked to people in Northamerica and there will probably be a positive decision soon, says Hakan Andersson.

-Then naturally Johan must want to go, but I've talked to him earlier about this and he's been positive.

I like that he has potential to develop further comment. You have any clue how high that potential might be? I've heard of him being clued into becoming a 3rd/4th liner, but is a 2nd line spot out of the question or are his offensive skills not there?

peace

I like that he has potential to develop further comment. You have any clue how high that potential might be? I've heard of him being clued into becoming a 3rd/4th liner, but is a 2nd line spot out of the question or are his offensive skills not there?

peace

I doubt that he can become a second liner, but you just never know. He scored 30 pts the season before this last, which is pretty good in the SEL. For comparison Holmstrom never scored more than 28 (but in 9 fewer games) before he left for Detroit. Although that was 10 years ago... Swedish players also has a tendency to develop late. Franzen is already 25 though. My guess, third liner.

I like that he has potential to develop further comment.  You have any clue how high that potential might be?  I've heard of him being clued into becoming a 3rd/4th liner, but is a 2nd line spot out of the question or are his offensive skills not there?

peace

I doubt that he can become a second liner, but you just never know. He scored 30 pts the season before this last, which is pretty good in the SEL. For comparison Holmstrom never scored more than 28 (but in 9 fewer games) before he left for Detroit. Although that was 10 years ago... Swedish players also has a tendency to develop late. Franzen is already 25 though. My guess, third liner.

Same thougths here. Not more than third liner, but maybe a pretty good at it.

I've seen him play in SEL form TV and in Finland at practise tournaments. He was like "Draper" at his former team, played PK and no powerplay. Intelligent player, and limited puckhandling is almost only weakness for him.

Hakan Andersson, scout extraordinaire

"Well, it would have been nice to have a top-10 pick once in a while and have a shot at guys like Alexander Ovechkin,� Andersson conceded.

Funny, I thought he'd say "it would be nice to have a first round pick once in a while".

A top ten pick would be sweet though.

unfortunately, i think the wings will have some top-10 picks in the next few years after this collective bargaining agreement and age ravages their roster.

hell, hopefully the ping pong ball will bounce right and they'll get one this year, too.