12 replies to this topic

#1 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

http://www.sportsnet...ontent=h040715A

Here's hoping the improvement continues for a few more years so he can do the same in the NHL.

peace

Posted Image

#2 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

http://www.theahl.co.../12/993451.html

Also wins Eddie Shore award as most outstanding defenseman in the AHL.

peace

Posted Image

#3 labeau55

labeau55

The one and only

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

he was impressive when he played for us. This is good, get some confidence in him and hopefully there will be a season for him to play in next year

#4 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:35 AM

Great news! He has really developed into an all-around blueliner. Before there were doubts about how he would adapt to the smaller ice surface through the long grind of an entire season, but with his stellar campaign it looks like he'll become a legit top-pairing d-man for Detroit down the road.

Also with the Griffins almost certainly about to miss the playoffs, I certainly hope he gets in invite to represent Sweden at this year's star-studded World Championships.

#5 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Cruiser008 @ April 16, 2005 - 02:35AM)
Great news! He has really developed into an all-around blueliner. Before there were doubts about how he would adapt to the smaller ice surface through the long grind of an entire season, but with his stellar campaign it looks like he'll become a legit top-pairing d-man for Detroit down the road.

Also with the Griffins almost certainly about to miss the playoffs, I certainly hope he gets in invite to represent Sweden at this year's star-studded World Championships.

From what I've heard they're leaving a spot open for him. Sweden's team is not very star-studded however.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#6 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

Apparently Kronwall is having some sort of shoulder injury, but he is expected to play at the World Championships.

#7 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:08 AM

Kronwall scored a goal in his first game back on the National team today and Franzen scored a goal and added an assist. Russia still beat Sweden 5-2 to win the final series (2-0) of Euro Hockey Tour. Zetterberg did not participate in the finals due to a cold. Datsyuk played both games but didn't do a whole lot. The line of Afinogenov/Ovechin/Malkin had an excellent showing in both games.

#8 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ April 24, 2005 - 11:08AM)
Kronwall scored a goal in his first game back on the National team today and Franzen scored a goal and added an assist. Russia still beat Sweden 5-2 to win the final series (2-0) of Euro Hockey Tour. Zetterberg did not participate in the finals due to a cold. Datsyuk played both games but didn't do a whole lot. The line of Afinogenov/Ovechin/Malkin had an excellent showing in both games.

Great info Barnsey!

#9 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:28 AM

Kronwall picked up 3 assists in Swedens 7-0 win vs Denmark yesterday. He's off to a good start, but Sweden hasn't exactly played the best of teams yet.

EDIT -it was 2 ass not 3.

Edited by RyanBarnes!, 14 May 2005 - 11:32 AM.

#10 LondonWing

LondonWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ May 3, 2005 - 03:28AM)
Kronwall picked up 3 assists in Swedens 7-0 win vs Denmark yesterday. He's off to a good start, but Sweden hasn't exactly played the best of teams yet.

He played well from what I saw of the game thumbup.gif

#11 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

WC: Kronwall continues to play impressive. He leads all defensemen in goals (3) and has the best plus rating in the tournament (+10). He has totaled 6 pts so far. He had a goal and an assist when Sweden beat Switzerland in the quarterfinal (2-1). Zetterberg assisted on Kronwall's goal and is looking better and better. Franzen has only played one game, but managed to score Swedens only goal (1-5 vs USA). However he was involved in atleast one goal by the Americans, so that kind of even things out. Needless to say Sweden played horrible that game.

#12 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

"p*ss on eddie shore!!"
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#13 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

Kronwall was awsome in every game I saw him played. He looked like he belonged on a good Sweden team.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi