• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

not to mention the league is trying to making harder and harder for teams to play defense! the NBA does NOT like teams like detroit and san antonio! die stern die! you die and go to hell!!!!

Tell me about it, this is just me but the Detroit-San Antonio games are my personal favs to watch. I'd rather watch a trench fight 75-80 game rather than a 110-118 game. Same goes for hockey with me as well, give me a 1-0 game rather than a 4-5 game. It's all about suspense with me, there is no suspense in high scoring games.

Delfino has a lot of potential. But he's a whiny ***** ass little ***** that needs to beat down with a stick! I HATE his attitude. And because of his attitude, thus far I HATE him as a player.

I like the way you think!

(Brings out the trusty whacking stick)

Oh btw interesting game... it's was almost like the Pistons spotted the 76ers a 16 point 1st quarter lead before they took off their warmup pants and brought the pain.

Delfino has a lot of potential. But he's a whiny ***** ass little ***** that needs to beat down with a stick! I HATE his attitude.

tell us how you really feel though.

i think the pistons are better this year than they were last year. mcdyess, a comfortable, healthy rasheed, the new and improved tayshaun. last year every series was a struggle except the lakers series. the pistons were frustrating because they never seemed to deliver the knockout blow. it will be interesting to see if they do it this year.

predictions:

pistons over 76ers in 5

pistons over bullets in 6

pistons over heat in 7

pistons over spurs (not if duncan doesn't get healthy very quickly) in 6

Another blowout and yet another poorly officiated game...some of the calls the refs make on the Pistons are ridiculous. Assuming it's a Miami Detroit ECF matchup I can only imagine the calls the Heat and Shaq would get, Stern would love to see Shaq in the finals soley for ratings...

I'm glad to see the Pistons are up 2-0 in the series. I don't think they'll get the sweep, but if so, that'd be great too.

Anyway, I heard on the radio this morning that a fan was arrested last night for throwing a dime or something at AI. What a stupid thing to do, seriously. IMO, that just gives more of a bad name for Detroit fans. Makes you wonder...will Detroit fans ever learn to stop with their nonsence?

Untill now I have never reliezed how much of an idiot Allen Iverson is. He is the biggest sissy ever to play in the NBA. If I were the ref I would have a pack of tissues in my back pocket for when Iverson whines like a school girl.

I think this will be a clean sweep. I can't see the Pistons dropping a game to them.

You know who I love watching? Antonio McDyess. He has turned up and let himself loose! You can CLEARLY see how he was an all star caliber player before his knees got torn up! His knees might prevent him from playing at all-star level for an entire season, getting starters minutes...but for a playoff run and betting bench minutes, he can turn it on and display all-star ability. My goodness, what a great signing!

If we can lock up Tayshuan and Ben this summer, man, we can seriously make another 3 or so runs at the title with this core!

You know who I love watching? Antonio McDyess. He has turned up and let himself loose! You can CLEARLY see how he was an all star caliber player before his knees got torn up! His knees might prevent him from playing at all-star level for an entire season, getting starters minutes...but for a playoff run and betting bench minutes, he can turn it on and display all-star ability. My goodness, what a great signing!

If we can lock up Tayshuan and Ben this summer, man, we can seriously make another 3 or so runs at the title with this core!

He has pretty much been the spark for the Pistons the past two games to really let loose the fire. It seems they are getting off to an ok start and then Dice comes in and just absolutely lights the whole place up on BOTH defense and offense. The thing is though, it just isn't Dice who has stepped it up, Lindsey and Arroyo have been contributing a ton as well, especially Lindsey. It would real nice if Lindsey could hold out for a couple more years for us.

A lot of people are starting to ride on the Miami bandwaggon today becuase of Mourning's play the past 2 games and the fact that Shaq is only playing 25-30 minutes. I hate to disappoint them but the way the Pistons and the bench are playing right now and the way they are executing on both defense and offense, there ain't anybody that is stopping them. They also like to leave out that we got Mr. Elden Campbell back, the only person that knows Shaq like the back of his hand, that can tone Shaq down.

Edited by dallas27

Probably getting a little ahead of ourselves...but Detroit v Miami, wouldn't that be fun?

Here's the thing about both the Pistons/76ers and Miami/NJ series: they're playing teams with a lot of question marks. We shouldn't get carried away seeing the Pistons roll the Sixers...cuz the Sixers just don't have enough guns to hang with the NBA elite. Similarly, watching Wade and Alonzo go off in games 1 and 2 against the Nets isn't anything to get very excited about...the only guy with the defensive ability to slow down Wade, Jefferson, is just coming back from injury and is not really fit to play...and Zoe going off means nothing cuz the Nets have utter filth in their front court to stop big men.

So I'm not gonna get too impressed by either team at this poing, at least not based on their performances against he Sixers and Nets.

However, I still think the Pistson and Heat are the best teams in the conference...and barring upsets, they'll both make it to the ECF.

What will happen in Detroit v Miami? We'll roll Rasheed, Ben, Dice, and Elden at Shaq. Elden is big enough and savvy enough to slow down Shaq, as he has done in the past...and when Elden gets in trouble, our four big men have a lot of fouls to give between them! We'll put Tay on Wade and roll help his way with either Chauncy or Rip...we'll harass him the way we're harassing Iverson. That leaves Udonis Haslem, Damon Jones, Eddie Jones, and Alonzo Mourning to try to beat us. Ain't gonna happen...not over a 7 game series.

Shoot, it'll be difficult for any team to beat Detroit. We're too good defensively...even if our offense doesn't show up, we can still beat you 82-80. Defense wins championships in every sport! Hockey, baseball, basketball, football!

And offensively...any one of Sheed, Chauncy, Rip, Tay, or Dice can go off for 20+ on any given night. They all have 20+ point offensive ability. Lindsay can ship in...Ben's good enough to take advantage of terrible matchups down low...Arroyo can pass the ball and knock a couple down himself...

This team is just so balanced...and has enough depth for the playoffs...

Oh, and I agree with Dallas about Lindsay! I remember some people dismissed him earlier in the season...and even during the off season, some people didn't think it was a priority to get him back. I disagreed. He was so effective last playoffs...and he's doing it again this playoffs. He's just so savvy on the defensive end...and he can be quite timely on the offensive end. I'd love for him to stick around for a couple more runs!

I'm glad to see the Pistons are up 2-0 in the series. I don't think they'll get the sweep, but if so, that'd be great too.

Anyway, I heard on the radio this morning that a fan was arrested last night for throwing a dime or something at AI. What a stupid thing to do, seriously. IMO, that just gives more of a bad name for Detroit fans. Makes you wonder...will Detroit fans ever learn to stop with their nonsence?

I just read about this. Kudos to the Detroit public in attendance for not escalating it further, and a big thumbdown.gif for fans who still don't get it, especially in Detroit after what happened months ago. Sorry if it sounds like I'm knocking the city, but there should never be incidents at Auburn Hills after what happened in the fall.

Just curious, Heaton -- are you correcting me or SWF?

both I guess, I was directly speaking to SWF, I didn't even read your post, but it goes the same for you as well. wink.gif